Death Becomes Her (1992)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 17 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some nudity and off-color humor|
Sex & Nudity
- A woman is shown wearing no shirt. Her breasts are barely covered by an elaborate necklace. Side breast is shown.
- Lisle's bare buttocks are seen for several seconds (Catherine Bell doubling for Isabella Rossellini).
- A woman is shown lying on her stomach on a bed wearing bikini-style underwear.
- Several sexual references, including a discussion about a man's impotence.
Violence & Gore
- A woman has a tissue tightening all the time. When she comes down the stairs, her palm is red and blood comes out of her hand; no wound is shown.
- A man and woman plot to kill another woman. Their plan is shown on-screen: they drug her, put her in a car, pour alcohol over her and drive her off a cliff. They do not follow through with this plan.
- A woman verbally abuses a man and he chokes her. He holds her threateningly over a flight of stairs, as she chokes and struggles. He lets her go and she is unharmed.
- A man dies of a heart attack. He is shown trying to be revived.
- Some mild language is used; shit, bitch, Jesus, ect. are all used several times.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A sequence involving numerous bottles of hard liquor / implicit drink-driving accident.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- When Madeline twists her neck back the right way, her broken neck is totally shown. This can be grotesque for younger viewers.
- Madeline is checked by a doctor. The doctor checks her wrist. Some bone cracks can be heard. Also the doctor sees Madeline's broken neck (her broken neck is off-screen). This scene may be grotesque or intense for younger viewers.
- Some of the scenes under violence/gore category may be considered intense, but overall the film is quite comical.
Violence & Gore
- A woman falls down a large flight of stairs. Her neck is shown breaking and her broken twisted body is seen. However she is immortal and she stands up with her neck twisted backwards. She then twists her neck back the right way. This scene may be quite grotesque for some viewers, but it is mostly comical.
- A woman is shot in the stomach with a shotgun. She comically flies backwards and lands in a fountain which fills with blood. However she is immortal and stands up with a large hole in her stomach. Again, this scene may be quite grotesque, but is comical.
- Two undead women fight with shovels. One is hit in the face and her neck snaps, leaving her head comically hanging backwards. She fixes it back into place. The same woman is later hit on top of the head, comically pushing her head down into her body.
- Two undead women fall down a flight of stairs and comically smash into several pieces. Their detached heads then talk to each other.