City of Joy (1992)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for scenes of brief strong violence|
Sex & Nudity
- A baby boy is being examined by the Dr. and his genitalia is shown for some time. Later a Renaisance era painting is zoomed in on showing a naked mans genitals.
- A prostitute visits a man in his room. It is clear what she is there for but no sex is shown and it is implied that sex might not happen.
Violence & Gore
- Alot of fairly strong violence, sometimes bloody. In one scene, a man attacks a woman with a razor (off camera) and she is later shown, hysterical, holding her head in her hands which are soaked in blood.
- A crippled man is set on fire.
- There are some violent scenes when a riot breaks out.
- There are some brutal fights and beatings.
- At the end of the movie, two characters fight, and one attempts to strangle the other.
- One character has T.B., so, bleeding is sometimes, but mostly very vaguely, shown.
- Several uses of 'shit', and one 'asshole.'
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- In a bar scene, two characters have a drinking contest which results in one getting drunk.
- Smoking is periodically shown.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Alot of the movie's violence (see above) can sometimes be quite disturbing, and/or revolting.
- At the end of the movie, two characters fight, and one attempts to strangle the other. This scene is fairly descriptive, and can be quite disturbing, and a child is clearly shown crying and screaming in the background.
- The few lepers that are shown during the film may be slightly disturbing.