White Fang (I) (1991)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
Sex & Nudity
- In a very short scene some houses are seen, each one with a woman by the door, and men leaving and entering. One of the women watches the main character, and he makes to her a gesture to say "Sorry, I haven't got any money". It is implied these women are prostitutes, however it's very implicit and children won't get it.
Violence & Gore
- Pack of wolves chase a bunny and kill it (not shown). One wolf carries a white furry object with a bit of red blood to a pup.
- A dead body slides away when its wooden coffin opens while falling from a cliff. It's not graphic, and it's slightly comical, but may disturb young children (see "Frightening/Intense Scenes").
- Numerous scenes of wolves and dogs baring teeth, growling, aggressively-barking, attacking. The dog's action is directed at other dogs, humans, and a bear. Scenes of aggressive humans beating and mistreating dogs. May be disturbing to younger children.
- A man is eaten alive by a pack of attacking wolves. It happens offscreen at night and we hear him screaming.
- A man shoots a wolf. No blood is seen.
- A wolf is seen dying, and a very very little amount of blood emerges from the mouth.
- Two men are attacked by some wolves, but they are stopped before anything happens after they bite and rip the men's clothing.
- Some dog fights are featured. In some, dogs appear to be injured or killed. In one of them, a dog bites a wolf in the neck, almost killing it.
- A man shoots another man in the foot, no blood is seen.
- The b-word is used to refer to a female dog
- Occasional use of mild language (i.e. "bastard" and "damn").
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Two men drink some alcohol.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A grizzly bear chases a young man and tries to dig him out from under some logs. It reaches in and claws him and tries to bite him, but he's rescued by a wolf.
- The dog fights may be disturbing for younger children.
- The frozen blue-faced body comes out of its coffin while the hero is sliding out of control down an icy mountain onto an icy lake. When the ice breaks and he falls into the freezing water, the corpse falls after him blocking his way to the surface. He has to pull it past him to get out of the hole in the ice. This scene may disturb to younger children.