Prospero's Books (1991)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
|MPAA||Rated R for pervasive nudity|
Sex & Nudity
- Loads and loads of nudity. Barely an image on screen goes by without somebody being nude. The nudity includes full nudity of females and males, from young to old, thin to fat.
- One extremely brief scene of Stephano imagining raping Miranda ("Ay, lord; she will become thy bed, I warrant. And bring thee forth brave brood.") One very brief animated scene of a bull copulating with a woman. Another very brief scene of Caliban masturbating.
Violence & Gore
- Little violence, but several gory scenes showing the aftermath of violence, including one with a man's throat cut. One very graphic but brief scene of childbirth. One scene illustrating Vesalius' "Anatomy", showing the dissection of a corpse; and a pregnant woman as if dissected, with her womb and the foetus exposed. One brief scene showing Claribel deflowered, with much blood.
- Several instances of 17th Century profanity, e.g. "A pox o' your throat, you bawling, blasphemous, incharitable dog!"; "and this demi-devil For he's a bastard one had plotted with them To take my life."
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Drugs, smoking: none. Alcohol: one brief scene of comic drunkenness, where the characters appear ridiculous for being drunk.