Look Who's Talking Too (1990) Poster

Not as good as the first one
HotToastyRag27 June 2019
In general, sequels aren't as good as their predecessors, and Look Who's Talking Too is no exception. The first one was adorable, with Kirstie Alley's baby, voiced by the hilariously perfect Bruce Willis, giving an inner monologue about his first impressions on the world. The cast is all back, and the romance with Kirstie and John Travolta continues, but there's a new addition: a new baby. Roseanne Barr provides the voice for Bruce's baby sister, and his entire world changes for the worse.

The problem with this movie is it's too painful and realistic. First borns will delight in Bruce stealing Roseanne's toys and playing pranks as older brothers are known to do, but they'll also remember that when their younger siblings were born, they, too, suffered a loss. The older child immediately gets put on the back burner and the new baby takes the spotlight. Many children never grow out of their resentment throughout their lives, so watching little babies fight and squabble isn't very fun. Plus, the first movie only had Bruce Willis's inner thoughts, and he was a very cute baby. What's better: a cute baby or a gruff baby? Cute babies win every time, and every time Rosanne talks, she's not very endearing.

DLM Warning: If you suffer from vertigo or dizzy spells, like my mom does, this movie might not be your friend. There are a couple of shots filmed from the baby's perspective, and it might make you sick. In other words, "Don't Look, Mom!"
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bland and lacklustre
TheLittleSongbird2 August 2010
The main problem with this sequel is that it is a very lacklustre retread of the much superior first movie. Now I don't mind more-of-the same-sequels, Home Alone 2 is one of the best and most underrated sequels out there in my opinion and that is often criticised for being too much like the first film.

Starting with the good things, the cameos from Damon Wayons and Mel Brooks are amusing, same with Bruce Willis and Roseanne Barr and I liked John Travolta's dance number. Plus the soundtrack was good and the film was nice to look at. However, it is incredibly predictable in the story and the script is very weak, I do agree there are too many poopoo jokes. The direction is bland and the sentimentality well and truly gets in the way.

Overall, disappointing and bland. 4/10 Bethany Cox
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
None Of The Charm Of The First Movie
slightlymad225 February 2015
"Look Who Is Talking Too" is not a sequel to the enjoyable "Look Who Is Talking" it's a clone. A weak, pale imitation clone, but a clone none the less. It was inevitable that following the success of a "Look Who Is Talking" that a sequel would follow. It was also inevitable that the sequel would be of inferior quality.

Plot in A Paragraph: Mollie (Kirstie Alley) and James (John Travolta) are together and raising a family, which now consists of an older Mikey (voiced by Bruce Willis) and his baby sister, Julie (Roseanne Barr)

All the charm of the original movie is missing, what made the first movie so good was it was new, fresh and original. This is more of the same but without the originality, freshness, and newness. Instead it has Roseanne Barr.

My God, her voice is annoying!! The script is weak, Travolta and Alley do not enjoy the same chemistry as in the first movie (which is a shame) Bruce Willis remains fun, but that is about it!!
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
*****,perfect 5 stars,a highly underrated sequel.
PJS-51 July 1999
COME ON FOLKS WHATS SO APPALLING ABOUT THIS MOVIE! although I can understand if it was called "Not as good as the 1st but okay" although personally I thought the film was as good as the original (call me insane if you want I don't really care) the film still had plenty of good humor (granted the humor was rather gross & juvenile mostly but still) the plot worked & it still has a good amount of humor & heart as the 1st film so I leave you now & (unless you'd place it a rating & review such as I did) encourage you to give this film another chance,BYE!
16 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why didn't they let the children talk?
JokerSwan26 July 2001
I was disappointed with this movie. Not that I don't like this kind of comedy, I loved the first one, but this just doesn't live up to that.

It's not the kids' fault though. Mikey is still a cutie, and he's got some good jokes, although I don't get the speaking arrangement - he says a word or two himself, and then it suddenly switches to the male voice. I think they should have chosen either or. This was just annoying.

Roseanne as the voice of little Julie is GREAT, and there are some really good parts with her(like the visit to the doctor). But where is she for most of the movie? There is so much of the parents fighting and problems with the goofy brother-in-law that it seems the kids take a second seat in this film. I was bored at times with the long fighting scenes. They were neither interesting nor funny. The pregnancy was fast-forwarded through - I suppose they had no more ideas for it after the first movie - and Mikey's jealousy for his sister gets less attention than the potty training(which is far less interesting). The burglar story is too unbelievable to be funny. And the "music video" parts are weird - why are there so many songs? the Elvis impersonation is pretty cool(by John Travolta), but the rest of the "classic pop songs" should have been left out.

There are some really cute sister-brother scenes, but this movie could have been so much better, funnier, and more interesting if they had let the kids play the main role. Now it's pretty disappointing. Some good laughs, but not enough to save the movie. I give it a 5 out of 10.
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Baby again
bevo-1367830 March 2020
There's no such thing as too much of a good thing. They should at least make one more
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I need a fix cause I'm going down, down to the bits that I left uptown
jessegehrig25 March 2014
I was embarrassed for the cast when I first saw this movie. Then I started to think, hey at least its not The Adventures Of Pluto Nash, or The Sweetest Thing, or 2012, or White Chicks,or Crank,or ...so that is certainly nothing to be ashamed of. Its aims to be satire but achieves schmaltz. The writing is terrible, the direction is equally as bad.--- Am I a bad person if I don't care about what little kids are thinking? Because I don't. Maybe if I had children of my own the idea of talking babies might be cute, but I don't have children and so what should be cute in this movie is instead cloying and choking like being caught in a cloud of bad perfume. Overall this predictable bore is to be avoided but there are far worse movies, success!
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilarious
eric-14425 May 1999
i don't care what anyone says this movie is hilarious. Roseanne as the voice of the baby was perfect. she even looked like her! John Travolta and Kirstie Alley work well in all three of the look who's talking movies. When it came on T.V. it had at least 20 minutes of edited stuff which i don't know why they took out. The one problem i had was with not having Mikey talk. The kid is old enough to talk unlike the baby, so why didn't they just have him talk? Otherwise that it was hilarious!
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lazy and Not Very Funny
Michael_Elliott1 June 2012
Look Who's Talking Too (1990)

* 1/2 (out of 4)

John Travolta and Kirstie Alley return in this "the first one made money so let's rush a sequel" film, which also has Bruce Willis returning as the voice of Mikey. This time out a new baby sister (voiced by Roseanne Barr) causes the parents to stress out and break up, which isn't easy on either kid. That's pretty much the only thing, story wise, that this sequel offers and it's clear that very little effort went into the production. It's really pathetic whenever so much energy goes into making a good film and then the producers just turn their back on that energy that made the first film so good and they just rush out whatever they can no matter how bad it is. LOOK WHO'S TALKING TOO really doesn't do anything right as we're just given situations that were covered in the first film but here they're not cute and they're especially not funny. This is a pretty poor film that only mildly works because it's constantly begging you to overlook all the flaws because the first film was so cute. In fact, the highlight of this sequel is a quick sequence when we get some flashback scenes from the first movie. The entire "joke" here deals with the parents trying to potty train Mikey and this leads to some really embarrassing moments including a singing session between the adults, a really bad "best friend" (voiced by Damon Wayans) who is always talking about the poo-poo monster and then there's the monster toilet (voiced by Mel Brooks), which is just downright embarrassing. In between all the unfunny jokes we're given some pretty bad dramatic moments including some stuff with the parents fighting in front of the kids and the finale with the fire really just seems out of place. The performances are all pretty boring as well as the two leads just sleepwalk through their roles and Barr is just horrid given some pretty bad dialogue to say. Willis is energetic at least but the dialogue does him no favors. Somehow, the producers managed to squeeze one more film out of the series and things were only going to get worse.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bland, and too full of poopoo jokes
MovieFan98330 December 1998
This was an inevitable sequel, that was really not all that of a movie. It was charming at most, but too many poopoo jokes, and other ridiculous stuff. I give it sequel: 4.5 out of 10. Rated PG-13 for crude humor, thematic elements, and language.
8 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Look Who's Boring!
mandabeatle11 February 2003
This movie did have a chance if it didn't bring Mollie's brother(who needs to be sent back with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and her annoying friend (whatever her name is). But also the really bad and lame points to this movie were the couple fighting,them singing about Mikey going to the bathroom and using Roseanne as his sister. That's when I really thought this movie is really bad.. if I wanted to hear that I would watch Barney or Sesame Street.AVOID!
8 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
fantastic
rossrobinson21 November 2003
Look Who's talking too i think is a good movie to watch. the first look who's talking movie was better than this one as it is the orignal and i didn't mind the second movie. I give this movie 10 out of 10. The baby was talked by Rosanne Barr.
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
They've Got a Double Hitter!
jwells9713 January 2015
It's very rare that a sequel will be as good as the original, but they achieved that in "Look Who's Talking Too." Congratulations on a job well done! Michael Travolta and Kirstie Alley were excellent choices for James and Mollie. The casting was good, the music brought back happy memories (I watched it 14 years after it was made), and the story line was fun. Because Mollie's feelings and the ups and downs of raising children were depicted so well, I suspected the story was written by a woman. Sure enough, Amy Heckerling both wrote and directed it. Bravo, Amy! You know? I bet babies and toddlers really DO think many of those things. Now I'm eager to watch the third movie in this trilogy.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too cute... delightful!
Jigglypoof22 February 2000
Say what you will about this film, and, I will admit, it's not quite as genius as the first, but still heartwarming nonetheless.

Following the story of the now model family (Mom, Dad, son and daughter), you now get to see things from a little girl's point of view.

It even shows you aspects of birth that weren't covered in the first film (watch it and see what I mean), which I would say is somewhat educational... and good to show that everything doesn't always work out.

Since I have had minimal sibling rivalry with my brother for a number of reasons, it's almost hard to see things from that point of view... but even if you're not familiar with it, you begin to realize how it may feel during the film. I have to admit that I can't listen to "Jealous Guy", even now, without shedding a tear. Guess I'm just a little over sensitive :o)

I also like how they dealt with the marital problems of Mollie and James. Things like this happen to many people... and I'm glad they showed it in a sensitive manner. Life isn't always happy and smiles.

Although I have to address a previous comment... you would think Mikey would have a little bit better vocabulary at 2 or 3 years of age. Maybe he's just quiet. Children progress at different rates... and I know of one little boy who even at 4 couldn't be well understood when he spoke some of the time. So that could be the reasoning.

If any film is a live action Rugrats, however, (though I liked Baby Geniuses OK) it's this one.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Look Who Made a Sequel.
tfrizzell19 July 2002
Pointless and annoying sequel to the smash-hit from 1989 has Baby Mikey (voiced by Bruce Willis) trying to cope with the birth of his new sister (the obnoxious Roseanne Barr). Kirstie Alley and John Travolta return as the clueless parents in this gigantic waste that is too childish to intrigue its audience. The film uses toilet humor and strange situations to try to get people into its twisted story, but nothing works in this yawner. Anyone for turkey? Turkey (0 stars out of 5).
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
look who's talking too
topmail12323 July 2006
Excellent.What makes it more funny than the first one is the children's sibling rivalry!Its so funny.I would say I like it equal to the first one because they both have the same qualities as to what makes it a good film.

In this film Mollie and James accidentally conceive little baby Julie.And with Mikey having to accept not having his parents all to himself anymore he also has to accept being potty trained.While all this is going on Mollie's brother Stuart comes to .stay which results in Mollie and James arguing and splitting up.

But in the end they get back together!
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Even worse
TBJCSKCNRRQTreviews28 October 2007
A poor sequel to a movie the very existence of which was just barely warranted, if at all, much less deserving a follow-up(and it didn't even end here). Granted, the end of the first did pretty much mean that they had to do at least one more, and the addition to the gimmick as well as the new pun of equally questionable ability to amuse, but couldn't they at least have used the same female actress? She (name withheld so as to not spoil the surprise) would have been fine, heck, just about anyone would have. But Roseanne? They had half of the Earth's population to choose from, and out of all those options, out of every woman on the planet, they picked... her? This is one of three pieces of... entertainment? no, that's not it, this doesn't qualify as that... that I've seen her in, and were her parts permanently taken out from all three, it would not exactly reduce me to crying in the fetal position. The reaction it would produce from me would rather be in the other end of the spectrum. Various cast-members return, not all having anything to do. More nightmare sequences, one misusing a master in comedy. Gilbert Gottfried is brought in to perform his shtick, but interjects no laughs. So is Damon Wayans(Wayans', I'm sure, need to do no acting to play kids, or their voices, anyway). This time around, the couple fight. Their differences are yet again set up against each other in a manner that I would presume is meant to entertain. So is most of the movie, one would guess, but it tends to inspire boredom and restlessness, instead. More scenes that seem to have no other purpose for existing than to bring the running time close to 90 minutes(though this didn't even make it to that... thank goodness). Pro-gun people take a pounding. At least the kids stop talking after this one. I recommend this to... I don't know, people who can stand Roseanne and/or needless sequels. 4/10
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rosanne Bar?
Smells_Like_Cheese29 March 2004
Now, I did enjoy most of the movie. But I mean, seriously, Rosanne Bar? She has the most annoying voice in the world. I do not get where the director thought that it would be a good idea to use Rosanne's voice. *sigh* Mike and the family return for "Look who's talking too". They are "blessed" with another child. With Rosanne Bar's voice. *shudder* Mike has to learn how to deal with his pampered sister. And the couple's relationship is once again put to the test. Everything else in the movie is fine, except Rosanne Bar's voice.

Sorry, I just had to take away 6 points for her voice. I'm having nightmares.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
number two
filmbuff197027 May 2002
I liked the first one. but this one i saw in an empty cinema it soon became obvious why i was alone.this is poor moviemaking. its not thought out. Its a rushed job and a botched one at that.Travolta and cast get well paid.while we just get endless music videos.its only a short movie about the same length of a disney animated movie.However this feels a lot longer.Painfully bad.
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Look Who's Talking Too
dvsdawl_6862 October 2006
Look Who's Talking Too is a wonderful movie. Yes, it is sappy at times but come on, romantic comedies not only include comedy but HELLO, also ROMANCE. Maybe my perspective differs from the preceding review because I am a woman and am not just looking for comedy from these movies; The romance is definitely my favorite part. I was born in 1988 and grew up watching this movie. My friends and I all loved it. It's unique and it shows us more of the James-Molly relationship. Look Who's Talking Now (the third installment) might be stretching it, but the first two movies are classics. I definitely would recommend buying or renting them together.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You can tell they rushed this script.
Aaron13756 May 2003
As bad as the first "Look Who's Talking" was, at least it didn't sink as low as this one goes. This movie was written up very fast after the surprise success of the first movie, and it shows. Most of the jokes involve toilets and such other stupid jokes it makes most of the movies they consider crude today look like Oscar candidates. Another thing that does not help this one is the fact that the sister has the voice of Roseanne in it. Could they have possibly found a more annoying voice, I highly doubt it unless they got Rosie O'Donnell. What is up with Mikey in this one? Why is he still being voiced by Willis, he should be able to speak by this point and considering how well their thought processes are he should be a genius. That is another problem with this series, I highly doubt kids think in the terms this movie presents. I highly doubt a baby in a womb knows what a placenta is. All in all don't waste your time unless you are one of those people that likes babies to a ridiculous extent.
2 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
gimmick worn out and movie not fun
SnoopyStyle20 April 2015
Mollie (Kirstie Alley) and James (John Travolta) are together and they have a new baby Julie (Roseanne Barr) to add to Mikey (Bruce Willis). Mikey can start saying a few words. James is struggling to get into flying. Molly's crass brother Stuart (Elias Koteas) moves in.

It may be mean but Mikey isn't quite as cute this time around. He's getting a little too old to not talk. Also the in uteral part is a bit more off-putting this time around. The premise isn't quite so funny the second time. The gimmick feels worn out. Alley and Travolta aren't as much fun. Their fights are more serious and not any fun. I think toilet training is funny for the parents but not necessarily for everybody else. Any joy is drained out from this movie.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
LWT2 = one of the worst movies ever
wowgamerlife2220 August 2009
Honestly,I only watched this because Roseanne did voice work. I remember seeing the first one as a kid & thought it was amusing but this movie i found boring & the laughs hit or miss.

The parents problems over shadows what should of been a movie about the kids. JUlie could of had more air time & better jokes. Roseanne does a good job.

I found some of the film disgusting like the opening sequence as if you really want to see how reproduction really works. THe pregnancy,mikey's jealousy,etc could of been written better & longer. Stuart was annoying as was Travolta & Alley. I like the third one better than this one & the third one wasn't that great. Look who's talking was a movie that really didn't need any sequels & would of done better without. Yick!
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
That Roseanne!
schauweckerpsx28 April 2002
The sequal to Look who's talking never has and never will be better than the first. But the only thing that makes the movie stand out, is the comedy and wit of Roseanne. She has all the funny jokes, she's cuter than what is now the baby Mikey, and she also tells what a baby might REALLY think. This movie should only be for Roseanne fans.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BAD BAD BAD with a bit of crap !
mookiemagic16 April 2005
One of the most dumb, crappy films I have ever seen, I felt sick after seeing it! I would not recommend this film to anyone, not even children as they are in great danger of brain damage if they are forced to see it!

Not only was the acting bad, the voice overs for the kids were to, just not acceptable at all and don't get me started on the dialog(what ever happened to that silly little woman Roseanne? )

At first when it started I said to my self this is for kids so just take it with a pinch of salt but after a few FXXK THIS and FXXK THAT by MR Travolta him self I realized that this film was directed at us adults ! I'm so glad I did not pay one cent to see this film, although I might be asking crapywood for some money compensate for my time wasted!

You all have been warned !

CRAPYWOOD YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED !
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.