The classic comic book characters created by John L. Goldwater are brought to tv in a slightly older version. Here the characters are adults returning to their high school reunion and remembering old times and romances from good old Riverdale High.
John Sacksteder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The good old days are here again.
6 May 1990 (USA)
See more »
Also Known As:
Archie: Return to Riverdale
See more »
Aspect Ratio: 1.33 : 1
See full technical specs
Did You Know?
The TV series, Riverdale (2017) names all of its episodes titles after movies. The eleventh episode was named after this made for TV film. See more
[Jughead and Archie are at the junkyard
We had great times in High School before we graduated.
I wish we never did that.
There are several differences between the video release and the original TV version. In addition to the title being changed, several scenes are cut from the video release. Cut scenes include:
- Pop Tate good-naturedly chiding Archie as he discounts Archie's claim to have seen the Concorde fly into town
- Archie's high school flashback in which he discusses with Jughead his dilemma over who to take to the prom (takes place as he first sees Betty and Veronica at the reunion)
- Jordan and Max speculating on which of them can think of worse pranks to play on Archie
- Betty's high school flashback in which she and Veronica promise each other not to be angry no matter who Archie asks to the prom (takes place during their tennis game--this scene first mentions Ronnie's dream of marrying a tall Frenchman, which she later tells Archie that she did)
- Jordan putting green gelatin dessert into the foot of Archie's bed, Archie's discovery of said gelatin while he is on the phone with Pam, and his claim the next morning to have taken the dessert off his feet and put it back into the bowl (claim made as Jordan is eating the tainted gelatin)
- Archie's high school flashback in which Betty informs him she is giving up hope for their relationship, and she is leaving town after graduation to pursue a writing career (takes place after she walks away from him in the library, but before he stops her from leaving)
- The beginning of the junkyard scene, when Jughead tells his son that the junkyard holds the old gang's ghosts, Jughead and Archie discuss Archie's dilemma in choosing between Betty, Veronica, and Pam, and Jordan shows them a Hank Aaron-autographed baseball mitt he found. The scene picks up when the trio arrive in the vicinity of the jukebox.
- Archie's high school flashback in which he asks Veronica to the prom, but she turns him down and informs him that she will be moving to France to go to college after graduation (takes place during their embrace as they walk through the park)
- Reggie asking Archie to put in a good word for him with Ronnie in exchange for his trying to persuade Mr. Lodge not to evict Pop Tate, and Veronica's appearance out of the blue to kiss Archie--and changing Reggie's mind on his offer.
- Robert and Pam exchanging names and shaking hands while the Archies sing "Jingle Jangle"
Follows U.S. Of Archie
I'll Be You
Written by Paul Westerberg
Performed by The Replacements See more