Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
Sex & Nudity
- A veterinarian mentions a pregnant cow.
Violence & Gore
- A deer is almost run over. We see one of his legs bleeding briefly, but that's it.
- The death of Jessica's mother is brought up several times, though it never says what the cause was. Mrs. McFarland, the town recluse, had a husband who died but this is only implied very briefly and probably wouldn't be picked up by younger children.
- Jessica chases three boys out of a barn, wielding a scythe.
- Jessica's father nearly shoots Prancer with a gun.
- Jessica is knocked unconscious.
- John shoots his gun off in the air to scare a bunch of children.
- Jessica's afraid that a butcher might "cut up Prancer into little pieces" but her dad tells her that he won't.
- 'O my God' is said at least three times. 'Heck' is said at least once. 'Thank God' is said at least once.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- An article is briefly seen in a newspaper about drug-related deaths on the rise.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A child falls out of a tree and is knocked unconscious. There is no blood.
- Cloris Leachman's character can also be scary in certain scenes.
- Jessica is walking alone in the woods a few times after dark, which might have a "creepy" feel to it.
Sex & Nudity
- Out cold 1987