Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) Poster

The third entry in the installment is one of the best Indiana Jones series.
ivo-cobra816 October 2015
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) is an Action Classic adventure better film than Temple of Doom , is still the best follow up in the trilogy and clever. It is also the greatest sequel of all time. It is one of my personal favorite adventure movies of all time. I love this movie to death.

I loved it as a child and I still love it. After the dark middle chapter it was time for Indy to return to form and more lighthearted fair. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was the answer. Not to mention that bringing in Bond aka Sean Connery as Indy's dad was perfect casting. Connery adds his own whit & charm along with Indy's usual counterparts who where missed in The Temple of Doom. Last Crusade also bookends the trilogy well since the artifact he is after is related to God. While "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" isn't by any means what I would consider a stellar film, it was still an enjoyable and memorable theatrical experience, and in my opinion, easily ranks as the best sequel in the series. For all its faults and shortcomings (perhaps most of all, River Phoenix' laughably terrible haircut as the young Indy), the film succeeds in hitting the key notes at the proper moments, thus drumming up enough of the right combination of story and thematic elements, action and humor to make it worthwhile. Nevertheless, the bottom line is that it still pales in comparison to the level of across-the-board excellence that was achieved in the original 1981 movie. Still though, fans of this one will definitely want to pick up this excellent release, of which, throughout the entire presentation, I only came across a handful of things I thought could possibly be improved upon technically.

This is probably the best installment of the Indiana Jones series. Raiders is a spectacular introduction to Dr. Jones and his style, Temple of Doom is an awesome Action, Adventure flick! Last Crusade rights the ship again with a go-for-broke production. Everything about it is huge- Jones is saving the planet from the Nazis for the second time. The budget was in place and off went Spielberg to make an epic, successfully. The film is bookended by two of the best things to appear in any of Spielberg's output: A young Indiana "beginning" his archaeological career, losing his treasure- just like the opening of Raiders- and being told by the man in his trademark hat "You lost today kid, but that doesn't mean you have to like it." and at the end, riding off into the sunset, literally. Such a conclusion could be seen as contrived but it works so well here.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade has lots of hand-to-hand combat, action-filled chases, and gun fights. Main characters are in near-constant peril, and one is shot point blank and almost bleeds to death. Minor characters are killed in somewhat gruesome ways, including beheading; a bad guy meets his end in a fairly disturbing scene. There's a bit of kissing/banter, and it's implied that two men have slept with the same woman. Language is mild, and there's ultimately a strong message about the importance of the father-son relationship.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is a 1989 American adventure film directed by Steven Spielberg, from a story co-written by executive producer George Lucas. It is the third installment in the Indiana Jones franchise. A cult film, still one of my favorite films in the series and the last good Indiana Jones movie we didn't need another sequel after third release. There's nothing more exciting than trying to keep up with the Joneses in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Indy's Nazi enemies are back and have kidnapped his father, Professor Henry Jones Sr. (Sean Connery), in their effort to locate the sacred Holy Grail. Following a trail from America to Venice to the deserts of the Middle East, it's up to Indy (Harrison Ford) to save his father, save the Grail and save the day in this non-stop, action-packed adventure the whole family will treasure.

The chemistry between Sean Connery and Harrison Ford makes this movie a stand out from the rest of the series. The story of their father and son relationship wrapped in the search for the holy grail is what makes this spectacular Indy movie, a more meaningful adventure. 10/10 Bad Ass Seal Of Approval
81 out of 82 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Last Crusade is the best of the Indy trilogy.
Li-12 November 2003
Rating: **** out of ****

My opinion of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade could be deemed slightly biased. It is the first film I ever saw in theaters and it's also the first movie I purchased on video. I even own the same, worn-down, beat-up copy (and look upon it even more fondly than the widescreen edition, for sentimental reasons, of course) (but nothing beats the pristine quality DVD). I think it's fair to say it's this movie that cemented my love of cinema, the high regard I hold for great escapism, which is sorely lacking from today's cinema; movies that should be fun now drag or bludgeon themselves with relentlessly awful scripts or MTV-style direction that turns relatively simple scenes into chaotic blurs. The Last Crusade may only be thirteen years old, but I think I can safely say they don't make them like they used to.

The film stars, of course, Harrison Ford as Indy Jones, the archaeologist/adventurer who's on yet another quest, this time to find his father, who'd been searching for the Holy Grail. Said Dad is played by none other than Sean Connery, whose highly charismatic performance is quick to place this film, acting-wise, above the others in the trilogy by giving Ford a genuine acting equal (let me put it this way, he's only half a notch below Harrison Ford/Indy in charisma and appeal if that tells you anything). The rest of the film focuses on this ongoing journey between father and son (eventually joined along by Sallah and Marcus Brody), complete with amazing action and stunt sequences, clever humor, and nasty (but fun) surprises.

The script, by Jeffrey Boam, takes a few cues from Raiders of the Lost Ark, but actually improves upon that story by paying more attention to characterization. The delightful opening scene (all three movies really open with a bang, don't they?); which details how young Indy got his scar, whip, hat, and fear of snakes; makes for a better prequel than Temple of Doom (and any of The Adventure of Young Indiana Jones, for that matter).

The story is engrossing because there's a lot of fun clues offered towards the location of the Grail and, thus, there's a lot of engaging little discoveries (love the "X marks the spot" scene). I'm quite certain, like with Raiders of the Lost Ark, the plot has a few holes, but they're fairly hard to notice, and I've seen this movie quite a few times, but maybe it's just my enjoyment of the film clouding that up. Either way, it speaks volumes in favor of Spielberg's direction and the performances.

Given that action and adventure is the series' selling point, you can expect the thrills and wondrous delight of discovery delivered in spades. The action scenes are terrific (and matched well with John Williams' rousing, memorable score, also the best of the trilogy), the best being a fantastic ten-minute chase sequence on board (and in) a tank, possibly the best action sequence of Spielberg's career. I also loved the motorcycle chase and the Zeppelin setpiece, where the heroes go about dispatching of two enemy fighters in unexpected, but quite hilarious, fashion. The climax, complete with frightening booby traps, is a suspenseful venture into the unknown.

The Last Crusade is far more humor-oriented than its predecessors, but part of the movie's effectiveness is that it's able to deliver belly laughs without defusing the tension during the action sequences. Some of the jokes are just brilliant, including one with Indy armed with a Luger in confrontation with a trio of Nazis on board a tank that's even funnier than the swordsman scene in Raiders (well, to me, at least).

The supporting cast is all-around superb; John Rhys-Davies is back as Sallah, wonderful as ever and displaying a bit more enthusiasm searching for the Grail than he did digging up the Ark of the Covenant. The late Denholm Elliot also returns as Marcus Brody, the most lovable goof of a museum curator. Alison Doody is interesting as Elsa, the blonde historian whom Indy falls for; a twist involving her character and her actions towards the climax make her not as one-dimensional as she may initially appear. Julian Glover is the best of the main Indy villains, he's far more menacing than Paul Freeman's Belloq and less over-the-top but equally enjoyable as Amrish Pruri's Mola Ram. I also enjoyed Michael Byrne's performance as the Jones hating Colonel Vogel, who relishes in torturing Indy and his father. When it comes to pure delightfully nasty villainy, Byrne is even more fun to watch than Glover.

Harrison Ford delivers his best Indy performance (maybe even his best performance, period) in this particular adventure. With the addition of Connery as his father, it reveals a personal side to Indy we haven't seen before. It's his rapport with Connery that separates this film from the rest of the genre. They craft an uncannily touching, funny, and genuine bond. That, coupled with the superb action and thrills, solidifies The Last Crusade as the pinnacle of high adventure summer entertainment.
228 out of 276 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
You call this archaeology? Sure do!
Mister-619 August 1999
One thing you gotta say for this series: it isn't boring.

And "Last Crusade" has enough thrills, chills and spills to fill up a few dozen old Saturday afternoon serials.

Right down the line, everything about this film is superb. Ford and Connery do the father and son routine superbly. Rhys-Davies returns as Sallah, as does Elliott who plays Brody with as much befuddlement as Connery does his role. And who can blame him?

And the FX: there's so many you lose count. But don't bother, just sit back, relax and get swept up in the moment. You can't help yourself but to get into this "Crusade".

Ten stars. A classic Ford with a bright Sean.
129 out of 158 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Outstanding finale (or is it the finale?)
jhaggardjr24 March 2002
"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" was supposed to be the final movie in the "Indiana Jones" series. At least that's what director Steven Spielberg and producer George Lucas said at the time this film hit theaters. But now they've said there will be a fourth "Indiana Jones" film. I really don't know if that's a good idea, because the "Last Crusade" was a fitting end to a great movie series. Harrison Ford returns for his third go around as swashbuckling hero Indiana Jones, this time accompanied by Sean Connery as Indy's father, Dr. Henry Jones. These two actors work beautifully together as they fight off the Nazis in search for the Holy Grail. Two actors from "Raiders of the Lost Ark" reprise their roles to great effect in "Last Crusade": Denholm Elliott as Marcus Brody and John Rhys-Davies as Sallah. Alison Doody is the heroine (good or bad?); Julian Glover is the villain; River Phoenix portrays a young Indy at the beginning to see how this character really got his start. "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" not only has great characters, it also has a decent story (taking place in 1938), plus exciting action scenes and special effects. It's better than the second film "Temple of Doom" and comes very close to topping the first film "Raiders". The "Indiana Jones" series should stay right where it is with the "Last Crusade" as the finale. Unless Spielberg, Lucas, and Ford can prove us wrong and make a really good fourth film in the series, we shall see. I loved all three movies in the "Indiana Jones" series. If the fourth film does gets made, I hope it'll be equally as good as the first three.

**** (out of four)
36 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Top-Notch Entertainment
ReelCheese11 May 2006
Everything clicks in this action-packed cliffhanger. In his third (and what for years what thought to be his last) adventure, Indy is on the hunt for that ultimate treasure, the Holy Grail. Along the way he must contend with Nazis, a secret brotherhood and, of course, snakes. Sean Connery is a wonderful addition as Indy's father, and the chemistry between he and star Harrison Ford may just be one of the best in film history. The movie is a true rarity in that its attempts to outdo each preceding chase sequence succeed. Though children might have trouble interpreting the plot, this crusade is one people of all ages will enjoy.
73 out of 88 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The best of the Indiana Jones trilogy
Kristine23 November 2003
Indiana Jones, the man, the legend, the whip. Everyone I know has seen at least one of the Indiana Jones movies and usually Raiders of the Lost Ark is their favorite. Now I loved Raiders of the Lost Ark, I also really loved Temple of Doom even though it gets a lot of hate for it's darkness. But The Last Crusade is my favorite of the trilogy and the strongest in my opinion. For goodness's sake we have Sean Connery as Indiana's father, how could we get any better than that? I love his way of saying "Junior!", always gets me in a good chuckle. Harrison Ford still has that same Indy charm that swoons the ladies, the adventure that captivates the guys and takes us on an incredible journey that we'll never forget.

In 1938, Indiana finally recovers the Cross and donates it to his friend Marcus Brody's museum. Indiana is later taken to the residence of wealthy businessman Walter Donovan, who informs him that his father has vanished while searching for the Holy Grail, leaving behind partial directions from an incomplete stone tablet along with his diary containing his life's work on the Grail. Indiana and Marcus travel to Venice to investigate Henry's disappearance, meeting up with his colleague Elsa Schneider. Discovering catacombs beneath the library where Henry was last seen, Indiana and Elsa find the tomb of Sir Richard, a knight of the First Crusade who is buried with a complete version of the tablet. Indiana finds his father, only to be betrayed by Elsa, who reveals that she and Donovan are working with the Nazis to find the Grail. The Nazis steal the Grail diary and capture Marcus in Iskenderun, where he was sent with pages from the diary to seek the protection of Sallah. The Joneses manage to escape the castle and follow the Nazis to Berlin, where they recover the diary from Elsa. The Joneses, Marcus and Sallah arrive to find that the Nazis are unable to pass through three "trials" of God. After Indy's father gets shot, he doesn't have much of a choice as to pass the trials and choose the correct cup to save his father's life.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is one of my favorite movies of all time, it's just a flawless movie that will always be timeless. My future kids will watch these movies, they're just a lot of fun. Who said archeology can't be fun? This also has one of the most exciting chase scenes of all time, Indiana is trying to rescue his father and a friend from a Nazi tank and he is on a horse, a brutal fight ensues and was just so exciting to watch. I've watched this movie since I was a little girl and I still watch it with pleasure today, even with my friends we love watching Indiana and his adventures. They're an absolute blast and if you haven't seen Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, please take the first opportunity you have to watch it, it's a great movie.

253 out of 334 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Probably The Best Movie Of The Trilogy.
BigHardcoreRed18 April 2005
Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade was, in my opinion, the best movie of the Indiana Jones trilogy. This movie featured the same type of humor we have become accustomed to from Jones, as well as another beautiful woman (also probably the best Indy girl) and lots of great action scenes! This movie starts off with a teenage Indy (River Phoenix) which gives us a look at an event that molds his life and character as well as his relationship with his father, Henry (Sean Connery). We also learn he is a "Junior" and that he hates to be called that.

Back as an adult, Indy's father is kidnapped and he must set out to find him. His only clues are his father's diary notes, which were mysteriously sent to him earlier that day. They lead him to Italy, where he meets the gorgeous blonde, Dr. Elsa Schneider (Alison Doody), who becomes an integral part of this story.

Once again, the grown up Indy (Harrison Ford) does battle with the Nazis. Apparently, Adolf Hitler is after the Holy Grail, which contains the blood of Christ. So Indiana and his father team up to get there first. Along the way, there is a great action scene where Jones fights a few Nazis on board a moving tank.

Overall, as I mentioned earlier, I believe this to be the best Indiana Jones movie of the three. This action movie was good long before movie studios learned to make the great CGI and special effects. It's effects were pretty good anyways but back in 1989, things just did not look as good as they can make them today. Still, highly recommended and worth your time. 9.5/10
136 out of 180 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Movie Magic!
gottogorunning13 August 2005
When the two greatest filmmakers in the world teamed up to create the best action movie of all time - Raiders of the Lost Ark, it seemed unlikely that they could duplicate their divinely-inspired work. After a miss with the entertaining yet forgettable Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade comes pretty close to doing just that.

Film history's most profitable star Harrison Ford returns to his signature role in a performance that speaks for itself, and benefits greatly from a gallery of memorable supporting characters. That includes Sean Connery, the grandest of all modern action day movie heroes (and appropriately cast, as the spiritual father of the character is James Bond). Connery plays against that, in a performance that is different than anything he has ever done, and it works. Even so, Denholm Elliott can't seem to help stealing every scene he's in as Marcus Brody, a lifelong friend of the Jones family.

This movie stands by itself in the way it deals with spirituality, and is thick with religious themes throughout, without preaching to you. This is a very difficult balance to achieve in any film, and that alone makes the film stand out as brilliant. It is more abundant with humor than the previous two films, without the characters falling into irritating self-parody. Being a sequel, this is a difficult balance to achieve as well. (Look at action sequels such as Lethal Weapon 4).

This film stands among the greatest action adventures of all time. I don't know anyone who hasn't seen it, but if you haven't, don't walk to see it. Run.
58 out of 74 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Raiders Of The Last Crusade.
Spikeopath6 April 2009
Indiana Jones teams up with his father to try and locate the Holy Grail. Something that the Nazis are again particularly interested in themselves.

We didn't know it at the time, but every Indiana Jones fan on the planet presumed that The Last Crusade was to be the final film to feature the intrepid archaeologist. As it turned out, another film would surface in 2008, but casting that aside (as many would like to do), Last Crusade should, and is, judged as the trilogy closer it was meant to be.

In 1988 Steven Spielberg was deep into bringing Rain Man to fruition, all thoughts of Indiana Jones had gone by the wayside with the harshly judged part two, Temple Of Doom. In stepped George Lucas to politely remind Spielberg that they had an agreement to make another Indiana Jones picture, Spielberg no doubt obliged and humble, passed on his Rain Man work to Barry Levinson who promptly bagged himself an Oscar for the film. It can be guessed that Spielberg was probably grouchy around this period, but he needn't have worried, because The Last Crusade provided a much needed hit for not only himself (post Empire Of The Sun), but also Lucas (Willow) and Harrison Ford (Frantic).

I mention the run up to this picture because it explains a lot on why the film is pretty much a retread of Raiders Of The Lost Ark, something that some detractors find unforgivable. Yet Last Crusade is still an immensely enjoyable adventure picture, with Spielberg proving that he was still capable of a popcorn bonanza. Using the Raiders formula and moving away from the dark flourishes of Temple Of Doom, Last Crusade is actually the simplest film of the three, but still it manages, courtesy of a sparkling casting decision, to become the most entertaining of the original trilogy. Is it better than Raiders? Of course not, but it positively rips along with sparky dialogue and an agenda of cliffhanging suspense like the adventure films of yore.

In comes Sean Connery as Dr Jones Senior, and its the picture's trump card, because the magnificent interplay and obvious rapport with Ford (cool as a cucumber) is there for all to see. It's this what drives the film on thru it's more mundane and picture filler sequences, showcasing two top wily professionals with care and consideration to their craft. The casting of Alison Doody as the main female is a poor one, and one only has to look at her subsequent career post Crusade to see she wasn't up to the task here. Bonus comes in the form of the River Phoenix prologue, Phoenix as the young Indiana paves the way for the jaunty path that Crusade takes, whilst simultaneously giving us a nice little back story from which to launch the adventure.

Made for $48 million, the film went on to gross $474,171,806 Worldwide, now that's a lot of people who evidently were happy with Raiders Of The Lost Ark 2! And I gleefully count myself amongst that number. 9/10
26 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A truly great feel good film
Franklstein28 November 2004
The second sequel to Raiders of the Lost Ark is an awesome, beautifully crafted film, and arguably the best of the Indiana Jones trilogy. The film is funnier, classier and far more laid back than the other two woody story lines, mostly because of the introduction of the excellent Sean Connery as Indy's eccentric father. Spielberg and Lucas get back on track after their off the rails first sequel in which to many peoples' horror had none of the Nazis or characters that made Raiders so unique, however, what Spielberg does to make this film a classic is the use of historical data with the swashbuckling storyline of adventure and action. Not to mention that this may well be the greatest feel good film ever made...
79 out of 108 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Indiana Jones and the Welcome Return to Form
James Hitchcock4 February 2011
"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" was the third and final instalment in the original Indiana Jones trilogy. Whereas "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" was a prequel to "Raiders of the Lost Ark", "Last Crusade" is a true sequel. Apart from an opening scene relating an adventure of the teenage Indy as a Boy Scout in 1912, the action takes place in 1938, two years after "Raiders". (In this opening scene we learn how the hero got his nickname; Indiana is not, as I had always assumed, his home state, but a name borrowed from his pet dog).

Whereas "Raiders" was a great commercial and critical success, "Temple of Doom" received considerable criticism, both on account of its dark, gloomy atmosphere and its racist treatment of Indian characters. Steven Spielberg, therefore, was determined to make the third film lighter in tone, closer in spirit to "Raiders". Once again the villains are the Nazis, once again the plot involves the search for a legendary relic with mystical powers (in this case the Holy Grail which caused such excitement among King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table) and once again much of the action takes place in the Middle East. (This must be the only Hollywood film ever to be set- ostensibly- in the short-lived Republic of Hatay, formerly part of French Syria and today part of southern Turkey, which enjoyed a brief independence for several months in 1938/9. Most of the "Hatay" scenes, however, were shot in Spain, with the ruins of Petra, actually in Jordan, standing in for the temple in which the Grail is housed).

The film also introduces us to Indy's father, Henry Jones, Sr. The James Bond films were undoubtedly one of the inspirations for this franchise, and it was possibly in their homage that Sean Connery was cast as the elder Jones, even though he is only twelve years older than Harrison Ford. (That speedboat chase along the Venetian canals also seems to be homage to Bond). Like his son, Henry senior is an academic archaeologist and has gone missing while seeking the Holy Grail. Indy believes that his father is in danger and sets out to find him, a quest that will take him to Venice, Germany and ultimately Hatay. The main female character is Henry's colleague, Dr. Elsa Schneider, a glamorous Austrian blonde whose loyalties are ambiguous.

There is more stress on character development here than in other episodes of the franchise, with emphasis being placed on the father-son relationship. The film is not just about the search for the physical Holy Grail. Even in the Arthurian legend the Grail was as much a symbol as a physical object, and today the phrase "holy grail" is used metaphorically for anything which is desirable and much sought-after. The film is also about Indiana's search for his lost father and their efforts to re-establish a relationship which in the past has often been strained- the story's metaphorical Holy Grail. Ford and Connery are both good at bringing out this aspect of the story. There are also good contributions from Denholm Elliott as Indiana's bumbling colleague Marcus Brody and Alison Doody as the treacherous, seductively sinister Elsa.

After the awful "Temple of Doom", "Last Crusade" represents a welcome return to form, both for Spielberg and for Ford, who seemed ill at ease in the earlier film but here is back to his old ebullient self. The film contains a better balance of suspense and humour than did its predecessor, much of the humour being at the expense of the hapless Marcus. There are some excellent action scenes, such as the train sequence in the opening scene, the escape from the Zeppelin and the tank chase though the desert. "Last Crusade" is a very enjoyable adventure film in the same tradition as "Raiders". 7/10
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
familiar formula redeemed by great casting
Special-K8817 April 2002
An ideal action-comedy/adventure if there ever was one; in this entertaining third installment archaeologist Ford must travel to Italy in 1938 to try and rescue his estranged father. However, the rescue mission soon turns into a historic quest as he seeks out the Holy Grail, once again finds himself battling Hitler's Nazis, and again encounters dangerous perils every step of the way. Follows basically the same formula as Raiders of the Lost Ark, but Connery is an added bonus as Ford's father and the two make a perfect duo. A good blend of elements as the film provides lots of exciting, cliffhanger action scenes/stunts, memorable lines, and genuine humor, but the relationship between the two leads is what really gives it stability. Lots of fun. ***½
31 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A "Tom and Jerry" version of an Indiana Jones film
Maciste_Brother27 March 2007
When RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK was released, my high school buddy and I were the first one in line. We had no idea what the film was about but we wanted to see something fun and spectacular. Well, we weren't disappointed. I remember this experience fondly.

So when I saw INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE when it was released at the movies, I couldn't believe how terrible and pathetic it was from beginning (trite flashback to Indy's youth) to miserable end (sexist death of the sole female character in the whole film).

Let's start with the beginning. Then again, maybe not. River Phoenix was totally miscast as the young Indiana Jones. He just doesn't look like he's having fun at all. And to have Indy go through a number of incidents that took place at one time that explains Indy's fear of snakes, his hat, his whip, etc, was so bleeding obvious and badly conceived that I thought it was a parody. But it's not. It's played straight. After seeing that beginning, I knew I was going to suffer much more. And suffer, I did.

Practically every aspect of what made the first film so fun and memorable was ruined by the terrible screenplay by Jeffrey Boam. The film is just a collection of crude in-jokes, a boat-load of silly coincidences, badly conceived action scenes (most of them echoing and relying on those from the first film), a story filled with so many mistakes and gargantuan plot-holes, sprinkled with forced comedy bits and all wrapped up in a neat package that made Paramount happy. The fact is, this was a stinker, and they knew it. The series, only after three movies, had already ran out of steam and it ended after this one. Everything felt forced in LAST CRUSADE. Harrison Ford looked bored. Like Phoenix, Sean Connery was miscast as Indy's father. The only reason they hired Connery was to make a link with the Indy series and the James Bond series. Nothing else. Connery added nothing to the series. But the worst aspect of this turkey was its only female character. In the first Indiana Jones, Marion was an equal to Indy. She was spunky, tough and cute. In LAST CRUSADE, Alison Doody plays Elsa, an unpleasant blond NAZI bitch who dies a miserable death at the end. Pretty sad when you think about it.

The action throughout the movie was as compelling as a Tom & Jerry cartoon. Case in point, when Connery scares the birds on the beach and makes them fly directly in front of a plane, in order to bring the plane down. Not only is this scene stupid but it's really crass re: the birds' welfare. The coincidences were so moronic and such groaners (Indy bumping into Hitler) that I've never done so much eye rolling during the viewing of of a single film. Had this been the first Indiana Jones film, it would have flopped because it relies so much on RAIDERS' coat tails that if you haven't seen the first one, it wouldn't make much sense.

After the bad experience that was TEMPLE OF DOOM, INDIANA JONES & THE LAST CRUSADE was the last straw and my enthusiasm for this "series" completely evaporated. That was 18 years ago. Now I hear they're doing an Indy 4. They shouldn't bother with it. Put a fork in it. It's done.
29 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
"Is this a film?"- No, its a masterpiece in terms of film
illbebackreviews22 February 2013
I always thought 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' was a great movie and I gave it a rating of A-. I'm surprised that I enjoyed 'Temple of Doom' more than the first one and gave it an A+. I was looking forward to 'The Last Crusade' and now, its pretty evident how much I loved it 'The Last Crusade' joins the adventure of Indiana Jones once more who is on a rescue mission to rescue his father, Henry Jones, who went missing on his search for the Holy Grail. This film is purely brilliant in every way possible. The story is the best of three. The characters in this movie are much better than they are in the first two, even though I like the villain in the second one more than I did in the first one and this one. The musical score by John Williams in this movie is to me, the best its ever been and feels even more magical than the first two. The characters and story are engaging, the movie is directed and written almost perfectly and overall, the movie is very comedic in its tone but also serious, with two such opposing tones mixing together perfectly! There are so many amazing sequences that clearly demonstrate just how amazing the art of film making was back in the glory days. There are so many scenes that are filmed amazingly, the visual effects looking great and the action sequences looking better than most CGI crap today. The film is well aware to not be over the top but is instead a perfect blend of just the right amount of everything necessary to make a movie great.

There are however a few goofy scenes with Henry Jones but this is so easily forgotten as everything else in the movie is beyond the credibility of film making.

In conclusion, I can easily draw the review down to this and say that this movie is an absolute must see but is always best to watch the first two and come into this. Every aspect of film making is easily surpassed in this masterpiece. Must see A++ In my Top 10 all time favorite movies!
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
cynical cash-in of the worst variety
winner551 July 2007
Messy, even ridiculous, tribute to the James Bond films of the 1960s, and a disastrous finale to the original Indiana Jones series.

Like the locations, the plot is all over the map. Well, sure adventure films should travel the globe easily - but there ought to be a reason for it. The clues leading to the final discovery really have nothing to do with one another, are forced into patterns that really make no sense, and are simply used as excuses to drag the characters from England to Germany to Italy to Egypt - well, eventually, we loose track of just where.

Ford and Connery ham it up something fierce. The sets look like sets. The cinematography is second rate. The editing is competent and not much else. Spielberg seems to have fallen asleep in the director's chair quite a bit ("uh, are we making a movie? why didn't you wake me up?") The ending: pseudo-Christian pseudo-Mystical blather, not at all in keeping with any Christian mythos or morality, and dependent on B-movie puzzle solving, pratfalls, and cliff-hanging that utterly debase the mythic references to cheap rumors about possible gods.

This is cynical cash-in of the worst variety; stay away.
31 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
the best Indiana Jones movie ever?
dbdumonteil7 May 2003
The third and the best of the adventures of Indiana Jones. In this new film, the famous archeologist is searching for a mythical object: "the Graal". This is the glass in which the Christ would have drank during the last meal with his apostles. His father assists him in his investigations because he's got precious information about the Graal. So, a long trip begins and will lead our two heroes from Venice to the Middle East in passing by Berlin. You can guess it, this trip has got its rough patches (otherwise the movie would appear devoid of interest). Indeed, the Nazis wish to discover the Graal too because it would make them powerful even dangerous.

Steven Spielberg designed his movie like a fascinating treasure hunt and he had the good idea by bringing Sean Connery. Thanks to his presence, the movie's got a certain humor (perhaps a little too convenient but the result works) and allows to lighten the movie.

"Indiana Jones and the last crusade" is also a good surprise because it wipes out the unhappy memory of the previous movie: "Indiana Jones and the temple of doom". I found it too horrendous, bloody and even annoying due to Kate Capshaw. Here, to film Indiana Jones' incredible adventures, Spielberg adopted a dramatic and especially efficient film-making. He also avoids all that could make the movie fall in the faults quoted in the second movie. Moreover, there aren't any injury times, the rhythm is skilfully sustained (particularly during the pursuits) and it's better this way because the result is very convincing. Obviously, the movie doesn't go without a few unlikelinesses.

Spielberg also brilliantly used the good old recipes for the adventure film: weird and exotic sceneries, the struggle between good and evil, the magic object that possesses supernatural powers etc...

The only criticism I have to make of Spielberg is that the screenplay is perhaps well boosted but it doesn't also succeed in hiding a certain manicheism: the Nazis wish to get rid of Jones and his father and to discover the Graal would help them to satisfy their strength.

An adventure movie entertaining enough to sustain the interest and rather well performed. Let's add the imposing music (as usual) composed by John Williams.
30 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A fun and whimsical adventure full of heart, humour and character
antonjsw127 November 2010
After the dark and nihilistic Temple of Doom, this franchise returned to form in a big way with an enjoyable and exciting plot, stylish direction, a real sense of warmth and the best cast performance in any of these films.

The film opens differently from the first two, with a prequel prologue that is set up gradually. This sequence is an example of virtuoso visual storytelling, with very little dialogue and the story being told through a montage of David Lean inspired wide and epic landscape shots. It builds towards a superb and highly amusing action adventure sequence that very cleverly adds some character development to Indiana Jones, well played at this stage by the late River Phoenix. It then segues forward some 25 years with a very clever cut to the Harrison Ford incarnation.

The strength of this story (a collaboration between George Lucas, Spielberg, and writers Menno Meyjes and Jeffery Boam, with no doubt significant input from Connery and Ford) is the Indiana Jones character finding his estranged father, played in a tour de force performance by Sean Connery. While there is the obligatory search for a lost artifact, in this case the Holy Grail, this search is the secondary plot, with the interplay between father and son becoming the primary plot. Despite just a 12 year difference in ages between Ford and Connery, their interplay works brilliantly and is the genuine heart of the movie. This powerful emotional connection between these characters is an ingredient that is missing from the previous two films and really brings this audience into the story. While the set pieces don't have the same level of ingenuity, relentless pace or sheer film-making bravado as Raiders of the Lost Ark,the film is far more character based, light hearted and emotionally involving than the previous two outings. The film maintains interest in these acting sequences thanks to wonderful performances. While Connery and Ford do dominate the proceedings, Denholm Elliot and Jonathan Rhys Davis offer excellent support again. Irish actress Alison Doody is highly amusing as Elsa Schneider, and it is a shame that her career didn't take off after this film the way it should have done. Veteran British actors Michael Byrne and Julian Glover have fun with their roles, and Byrne in particular is given some pithy one liners. The story builds neatly to a clever and powerful climax, leading to a warm and amusing coda at the end of the movie.

Technically the film as accomplished as usual. However, the more character driven nature of the story means that visual effects take much more of a back seat in this film, and ILMs work is more subtle and understated in this film, making use of mainly traditional optical techniques and on set live special effects, with the one exception of a very well realised effect at the films climax which involved the use of stop motion combined the morphing technology overseen by ILM digital pioneers Doug Smythe and Les Dittert. The films centrepiece, a major action sequence set in the desert using horses, trucks, cars and a tank is carried off with usual Spielberg bravado and style, and works due to the audience following what the characters are doing, rather than the set piece itself. Kudos to Oscar winning special effects supervisor George Gibbs, second unit director Michael Moore and editor Michael Kahn and producer George Lucas (who also helped out with the editing) for making the action sequences look so polished and convincing. Spielberg even manages to insert little gems of witty dialogue and some terrific visual gags into the action, particularly one involving Indiana Jones incredulous reaction to using a Luger revolver. They work so well because they fit the situation the characters are in. The sound work is first rate, and Ben Burtt and Richard Hymns won Oscars for their sound effects. What is impressive is that because the sound helps convince you are right there with what is going on, rather than being loud and in your face. Burtt had already won Academy awards for his work on Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark and ET. He has continued to work on a wide body of work since and is still one of Hollywood top artists in this area. Richard Hymns, after winning this first Academy Award, went on to win again in this area for Jurassic Park and Saving Private Ryan and has also worked on a series of high profile films including Avatar. Douglas Slocombe's photography is more understated this time around, but still stylish. The film seems to make a statement that it is the characters rather than the action which is to the forefront, and indicates a maturing of the franchise. John Williams score is, as usual first rate, but is more spiritual, emotional and deft in style, compared with the more militaristic and aggressively visceral style of the previous films.

In summary congratulations to all the key collaborators for a warm and thoroughly enjoyable adventure, though particular mention needs to go to Spielberg, Connery and Ford for taking the series and in welcome and involving new direction.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Carry on murdering
Alan Baker8 December 2012
Thanks to Blu-ray, I've been revisiting the Indiana Jones movies and have just sat through The Last Crusade. Now, I never much cared for this when it came out, but how on earth this claptrap can have such a high rating on IMDb is a mystery. Maybe Spielberg was trying to make a "Carry on" film. This could have been titled Abbott and Costello and the Holy Grail, with it's pathetic attempts at humour. Connery is about as convincing as Ford's father as Jessie Royce Landis was as Cary Grant's mother in North by Northwest. And strange though it may seem, in 1938 it was illegal to kill German soldiers in cold blood, which Indiana Jones does with reckless abandon, and without any official sanction (at least James Bond had a licence to kill). Groan inducing scene follows groan inducing scene until the thing grinds to a halt, unfortunately at least forty five minutes too late.
14 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
X Marked This Spot…and masterfully
thesar-211 April 2011
By the time of this writing, Blockbuster Inc. stores probably have all but vanished. Each with a sign that indicates that it's "just this store" that's closing. Sad, but that's how the story goes. Remember the Beta Video stores?

When I was a kid, and we got our very first VCR – man, that was like the invention of television for those around my age – and I was able to save up enough money to buy two previously viewed movies. And get this: I had to actually pre-order previously viewed VCR tapes and they were incredibly $19.95 apiece!

No matter; I really wanted both Lethal Weapon 2 and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. And bad.

They were like gold for me. And they, along with a birthday gift of the original Batman, certainly earned their weight. I must've watched those three – my only movies – fifty times each.

So, you can see: I am very familiar with Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Every inch, score number and frame. I love this movie.

Later, I would contest and readily agree, Raiders of the Lost Ark is both a masterpiece and better film, but that doesn't deter on how…much…FUN this third installment is. And I'm not even mentioning the dreadful part two: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. In my mind, there's only Indy 1 and 3. You can even forget the (yawn) Young Indiana Jones (so-called) Adventures.

Everything worked in this movie: suburb acting, hilarious and fun dialogue – mostly from the chemistry (or banter) of the two Jones's, extreme adventure, exciting action, fantastic characters, nostalgia – for fans of Raiders and great twists. And one of the best aspects is also a spoiler, – sorry, but if you haven't seen this 22-year-old epic, that's your fault – it has one of the best endings in the history of cinema: they actually ride off into the sunset. Brilliant and beautiful ending to the series!*

* - that is until they ruined it with the overkill: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Best advice? Think of this as the actual LAST adventure and forget that wretched sequel.

Heck, I can't really pinpoint many, if any, faults or flaws in Last Crusade. Pooossssibly, the over-long opening segment with the original "Young Indiana" played by the late and great River Phoenix? Even that was entertaining, fun and had an awesome score track. So, technically, it's not a setback, but perhaps needed a little more editing.

Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) is overwhelmed at school, but is more so when his father, Henry Jones, Sr. (Sean Connery – in, Literally one of his best on-screen performances) is listed as missing. Indy is tempted with the prospect of finding the mystical Holy Grail, even though he, himself, doesn't believe it. He does set off on a mission to find his father, but we all know, he'd equally like to find this "Lost Cup of Jesus Christ."

He meets up with (what I grew up referring to as "the blonde") the beautiful and seductive dame Dr. Elsa Schneider (Alison Doody) and they quest to find daddy Jones and ward off Nazis. Not so much a spoiler, but he does rescue Henry Jones, Sr. and the race for the Grail is on between the Jones's and the Nazis.

I left out a lot, but that's the basic, BASIC, premise. Seriously, if you have not seen this, or have even, see it (again, if you have) and learn to enjoy the film that frankly defines adventure. And a movie that captures the heart of the original, the atmosphere of the serials of before most of our times and how movies were really made: pre-CGI.

On a related note: while some people are anti-3D, I am boarder-line anti-CGI. Sure it's a cheaper way of filmmaking, but I feel it's just that: cheap. Rarely will it be believable in my sight, for the most part it's all-but a cartoon and extremely laughable. That said, it can work…sometimes. The recent 2010 Alice in Wonderland film is a perfect example of how it can really work and impress me. But, 80% of the time, it's just plain corny, distracting and again, CHEAP. My favorite action/adventures films are how they used to be made: with both inventiveness and heart. Like this one. Heck, I'll take a blue/green screen any day over a computer telling me what's "real" looking.

But, I digress. I hesitate in calling this a masterpiece (in filmmaking, at least) but in my mind it is. And seeing that this is an opinion piece, I will go on record: it doesn't get much better than this.

I remember some of the promotional shots on the late night shows from Harrison Ford, et al, that casually admitted Temple of Doom was a disaster – I AGREE – and this was a make-up movie. It sure the heck was! This was thee number one redemption movie of all time.

Note to Hollywood: continue the redemption. Make movies like this, verses the CGI-laced, no-script films of the last decade or so. Remember what it's like to have this much fun in the movie going experience. I remember. I recall 1989 when this was released as my all-time favorite year in films released. Too bad, they haven't come close to '89 in 22 years.

And Hollywood won't listen. I ask that you do. Support and watch movies like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Remember what it was like to have fun in the theatre, what it was like when real special-effect crews did real work on the fields and not in the office and remember what it was like to be a kid again. See this movie!
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A true Action Adventure
MissDev4 February 2006
There are loads of "action-adventure" films out there. There are just a select few that combine history and intrigue. Then there are the greats - the ones that combine all of the above, and Nazi bad-guys. And they are called the Indiana Jones Trilogy. Raiders of the Lost Ark is a fantastic film. Temple of Doom is disappointing at best (although there are some great comedic moments - it just isn't in line with the other two films). The best, in my opinion, is Last Crusade. It isn't just that Harrison Ford and Sean Connery have such excellent on-screen chemistry as father and son. Or that the comedy bits are so fun. Nor the brilliant ending... No - what makes it so fantastic is that no film made since has even come close to being as good as this film in any respect. It is the pinnacle of "scholarly" action-adventure films. Sorry "National Treasure" and "Sahara" - you just don't stack up. "DiVinci Code" won't either. Take my advice - Netflix the Indiana Jones Trilogy and see for yourself.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Cheesy, tedious retread of "Raiders of the Lost Ark"
hnt_dnl4 July 2014
Still wondering how this movie, INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE (1989) is so revered in the Indiana Jones "trilogy". Yeah, I'm not counting Crystal Skull, but not for the reasons people think. It's just that it's painfully obvious that Skull was probably never meant to be made and that it was supposed to all end in 1989 with this movie. There are actually things I like about Skull, but not this copycat of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The movie starts out with a silly, "childish" sequence of a Young Indiana Jones (essayed by River Phoenix, who looks NOTHING like a younger version of Harrison Ford) on an exploring trip with his boy scout troop in 1912 Utah, who finds an ancient relic in a cave and is pursued by nefarious villainous types, and goes through all these requisite stunts that mimic action sequences we've already seen in the first 2 movies, but these scenes EXPLAIN Indy's phobias and adult idiosyncrasies. Indy eventually loses the battle, giving up the artifact to the bad guys, but is supposed to have learned a valuable lesson about life....YAWN! We also get a glimpse of Indy's Dad.

Flashforward to the film's setting, 1939, where Professor Jones is teaching at university while horny college girls drool over him like a rock star (just like in the original film). Then ANOTHER group of nefarious types approach him about some stone artifact they found in the ocean that is proof of the existence of the Holy Grail, so Indy goes on a trek across the globe (just like in the original film), which encompasses Italy, Germany, and Israel, in search of the Grail.

Along for the ride is Indy's Dad Henry Jones (played by Sean Connery in blatant stunt casting), who was the leader of the original mission to find the Grail. And guess how the end up meeting? See, these Nazis are holding Jones Sr. hostage because they are also interested in finding the precious artifact. Does the word "Nazi" sound familiar? JUST LIKE IN THE ORIGINAL FILM! I'm sensing a trend here. Also, there is the required female sidekick. Of course, it's never a bad idea to have an attractive lady in a movie, but this one is a stereotypical blonde bimbo who is supposed to be some kind of smart DOCTOR. I've seen half-naked Bond girls who are more convincing as smarties than this chick!

Speaking of BOND, back to the stunt casting of Connery! This movie shamelessly plays on Ford and Connery's universal appeal by pairing them as son and father, because they bear absolutely NO resemblance to each other. I can suspend disbelief in a movie like "Highlander", because there are so many things that movie has going for it other than just Sean Connery, but not in this movie. He is in no way, shape, or form convincing as Indy's Dad. Ford had way more chemistry with his co-stars in the previous 2 movies. The humor between the 2 actors is very strained and not funny, their dialog composed of endless, annoying bickering.

The action in this movie is nothing to write home about either. It's amazing, but I actually thought much of the effects in this movie looked incredibly cheesy! And this movie came out years AFTER the first 2 movies, whose effects to this day look fresh and engaging. Then we have the repetitive battles with Nazis. Now, I actually think that Temple of Doom is the best Indy flick, but Raiders still is entertaining with many positives, and at least the villains in that movie had a panache and mystique about them with talented actors playing them with flair, but the villains in this are incredibly stale with no flair.

What boggles my mind even more is that there is a healthy amount of fans that actually think THIS awful movie is the BEST of the original trilogy when it is nothing but a sad clone of the Raiders and not nearly as entertaining as Doom! A case where mindless action wins over real filmmaking. Can't win 'em all!
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Worst Raiders Sequel - So Far
GreatPlains20 March 2007
The addition of Sean Connery was presumably intended to add depth to Indy's character. It really just led to tedious "humorous" interplay between the two, generally dragging the plot to a thudding stop. This, plus Alison Doody - easily the least distinguished leading lady of the series - and an incoherent plot that veers all over Europe and the Middle East with little dramatic gain, leaves a forgettable film. "Raiders" evokes images of 1930s and '40s-era adventure films - only with better production values. "Temple of Doom" is like a carnival ride - even to the point of including a runaway mine train! "Last Crusade"? Ultimately forgettable.
16 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Now That's What I Call Archaeology!
mmallon413 June 2015
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade takes everything that made Raiders of the Lost Ark great to begin with and builds on top of that. Last Crusade is unquestionably my favourite of the series, the main reason for this being the role of Sean Connery as Indy's father Henry Jones Sr which I consider to be one of the greatest casting choices ever. This casting was largely due to James Bond being one of the inspirations for Indiana Jones although oddly enough despite my love of Indiana Jones I've never been keen on the James Bond films. There's something about father-son stories that I've always had a particular affection for and the relationship between Indy and his father is so difficult to put into words how in depth it is. They don't get along despite being so much alike, at heart they are both being giddy school boys. Their scenes together are so melancholic and full of complex emotions which humanises the character of Indiana Jones. I really do think this may be the greatest pairing of two actors ever.

This ties in with the other aspect which elevates The Last Crusade, just how thematic it is. The search for the bond between father and son ends up becoming more important than the search for the grail; I always remember Henry Jones' words of "Let it go" as legitimate life advice. The score by John Williams is not only one of his best but one of his most moving, perfectly capturing the melancholic and deep thematic nature of the film. I regularly listen the movie's soundtrack in moments of personal reflection, it's that powerful.

The Last Crusade is also a comedy classic in its own right from the North by Northwest type moments ("No ticket!") to more slapstick oriented gags. The Forest Gump type moment in which Indy inadvertently confronts Hitler face to face is brilliant on so many levels. It works the same way the clothes hanger scene from Raiders did. I also love that Marcus gets to go along on the adventure, revealing that he's a clumsy fool who once got lost in his museum. His line "The pen is mightier than the sword" always cracks me up with the manner in which he delivers it in an English gentlemanly way, or Indy Sr's uttering of "Junior!"; music to my ears. Indy Jr, Indy Sr, Sallah and Marcus are simply the most fun group of characters.

If I was the make a list of my favourite action scenes in film, I swear my list would be dominated by scenes from the original Star Wars and Indiana Jones films. Last Crusade was one of the last blockbusters to have such extensive use of practical effects, you know, before CGI had to go and ruin everything. Also does anyone else think Donavan looks like Doc Brown after drinking from the wrong cup?

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is one of these rare movies which gives me everything I could ask for a movie. Like the filmmakers specifically made it just for me, encapsulating everything I love about cinema.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Indiana Jones' Last Crusade is Pure Escapist Entertainment!
sandnair875 May 2015
Justifiably one of the most indelible adventure films in cinematic history, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is pure escapist entertainment of the highest caliber. In his third adventure, whip- smart archaeologist Indiana Jones has to rescue his dad rather than a damsel in enduring distress, a cunning ploy that deserves a tip of the fedora to those shrewd storytellers – a certain Mr. Steven Spielberg and Mr. George Lucas.

Opening with a fantastic prologue revolving around one of Indy's early escapades, the movie immediately takes us to 1938, when Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) discovers that his curmudgeonly father Henry Jones (Sean Connery) has disappeared while tracking the Holy Grail - the cup that legend holds Jesus used at the Last Supper and now contains his blood. But as we soon find out, he is not alone in his quest. He has company in American millionaire Walter Donovan, who believes that a drink from the cup will confer immortality and a slew of Nazis who will kill anyone to win the prize. Soon we find Indy travel halfway around the world to swash-buckle his way through a company of Nazi brutes, to unite with his tweedy, mildly befuddled father. The duo teams up to begin Indiana's last crusade, as they endlessly elude the Nazis in race to capture the Holy Grail. Can the father-son duo save one of the world's most precious relics from Hitler's minions?

Steven Spielberg has the truest instincts for keeping an audience visually engaged and at his natural command of the simple mechanics of storytelling, it enables him to evoke a kind of pop transcendence that comes close to the effect of the higher, classical arts. Here, he delivers the action with breathless enthusiasm in a movie bursting with thrilling action set-pieces - Indy discovers catacombs, sways through rat-infested tunnels, finds himself right beside the Fuhrer and even manages to reach the coveted Holy Grail, making the pursuit wonderfully perilous.

But it's not the relentless action that you eventually prize in this lavishly executed entertainment. It is the amazing chemistry between its two lead actors that makes it so thoroughly entertaining, never allowing the film to lose sight of the contentious but charming relationship between Indiana and his father. As soon as Connery's Henry welcomes his son's first rescue attempt by addressing him as Junior and they discover they have bedded the same gorgeous Nazi spy, the right note of cantankerousness and grudging affection on both sides is struck. Connery playing against type as a book-wormy professor is solid-gold as Indy's crotchety father. He also brings out the very best in Ford, who is at his charming best as the rugged, macho Indy. The snappy by-play between them adds a wonderful facet to the adventure and together, their timing is impeccable.

When Steven Spielberg takes off his serious hat and channels his inner-child, there's no one better at making sheer entertainment. And that is what Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is - pure entertainment!
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this