Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
Sex & Nudity
- Some kissing and groping between characters.
- A beatnik encourages teenagers to "take off our clothes and smoke reefer" (they refuse).
- Two young couples make out in an alley for a long period of time. Although they are in the dark, you may still notice them off to the side. (no nudity)
Violence & Gore
- Some very mild violence.
- There is a riot scene which contains some unrealistic, over-the-top violence.
- A teenage girl is given electric shock treatments.
- A fistfight leaves Link in a wheelchair, but there's nothing graphic and no blood.
- Some mild language (e.g. "whore", "asshole") as well as some use of "queer" and "Negro". 1 use of shit
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A woman offers a group of teenagers some "reefer".
- A woman appears to be using a joint in order to ignite an object.
- Teenagers are offered alcohol, but they don't take them.
- Corny Collins drinks from a bottle of liquor when off-camera from his show.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Contains discrimination, segregation and mental illness themes, all presented in a light-hearted and satirical fashion. The film largely revolves around a TV show where "colored" persons are not allowed. Such behavior is not condoned throughout the film.
- A middle-aged woman panics when she finds herself in a neighborhood dominated by African-Americans. When she screams for a police officer and realize he is African-American, she screams in terror.
- A "race riot" ensues when non-whites are denied access to a carnival.
Sex & Nudity
- A teen couple are making out. The girl tells the boy. "Go to second." (second base), which he does. They both make sexual noises, implying they might have gone further. The scene is then cut short. All shot above the waist and not graphic.