A mysterious diver hiding in Amsterdam's canal system embarks on a rampage of gruesome murders, terrifying city officials and leaving few clues for the city's best detective, who doesn't suspect that both his new girlfriend and twelve-year-old daughter may be closer than he is to finding the killer.
Blue Dragon <email@example.com>
Be glad you're afraid. It means you're still alive.
See more »
Did You Know?
passed on the opportunity to direct a sequel to A Nightmare on Elm Street
(1984) in order to do this film. He later stated that he should have postponed Amsterdamned, as the Elm Street sequel could have been his international breakthrough. See more
When the old man that lives on the barge loads the shotgun, you can see that the primers on the shells have indentation marks in their centers, signifying they have already been fired. See more
What do you think she meant when she said a huge black monster with giant claws?
I don't know, but I hope your mother-in-law has an alibi.
In the television version of the film, scenes delted include:
- All scenes involving Willy and Anneke looking for the killer.
- John and Eric in a deeper conversation about Eric's ex-girlfriend, who was also John's ex-girlfriend, and is Anneke's mother.
- Laura in therapy with Ruysdael, discussing Eric.
- Eric using 2 different flags (1 for the where the killer struck, and 1 for where the victim is found).
- Two night watchmen on the canal trying to search for the killer.
- Eric and Vermeer thinking they caught the killer but only finding the oxygen tank.
Fanfare in Es
Music by Jan H Mul as J.H. Mul
Arranged by Piet van Mever (uncredited) See more