Divorce Court (TV Series 1984–1993) Poster

(1984–1993)

the verdict: big laughs!
mcfly-3118 January 2003
Oh, man, I haven't thought of this one in years. When court shows were court shows. Not like today's version of this show, and the innumerable "People's Court" imitations of half-brained geeks standing behind podiums to some sassy judge. This was a dramatization of an actual case with the biggest belly laugh inducing actors carrying it all out and the whispering Jim Peck crouching behind the partition detailing the obvious. Real life judge William Keene watched over everything with some of the funniest facial reactions ever. I used to watch this everyday after school in 6th grade, cackling at all the dopey adult content. "Hadn't he found you and a co-worker on a copy machine, removing her blouse and bra?!" "Didn't he hear you say, 'Pluve pluvo moseire', faster, harder my dear!'?" We were watching a female leapord give birth and that's all!" Hopefully someday Court TV might by the rights to this (wherever they may be) and air this in the middle of the nights.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
a great show
dtucker8630 September 2002
I have many fond memories of this show. Every show was a dramatization of a divorce case. The wife and husband and a witness on their behalf would testify. This show was good for a lot of laughs because these people weren't the best actors in the world, but it was all in fun. I figure a lot of real-life divorces are like this. A footnote, the Judge on this show was a real life Judge, William Keene presided at the preliminary hearing for the Manson trial and the William Bonin freeway killer trial. I write to celebrities as a hobby and he was kind enough to reply to me. I asked him about the OJ trial and he said it would have been handled differently if it had been in his courtroom!
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this