If you're suffering from a severe case of Comic-Con FOMO (Fear of Missing Out), fear not! IMDb has got you covered with Kevin Smith aboard the #IMDboat! Watch all of our coverage of the big event at IMDb.com/comic-con.
For all you Marilyn fans out there, this doco has some brilliant rare treats to offer. I list them as follows:
* A fairly clear audio version of her famous "Happy Birthday Mr President" song at JFK's birthday celebration in Madison Square Garden.
* A scene of Marilyn's from Ashphalt Jungle
* An incredibly rare ad Marilyn was in before her first movie - it has her as a woman whose car has broken down, and all these men offer to push the car for her.
* A glimpse at a scene from the abandoned "Something's Got to Give", which Marilyn was fired from. This footage shows you why - and also why the title is ironic. She was really fading towards the end (its hard to admit).
* loads of interview footage, showing Marilyn putting on a brave face to the press, giving them a piece of her each time, as she put it - actually, now that i think about it, this was quite upsetting to watch. - but if you're a true fan, and truly care about her, you'll want to see for yourself the things she went through.
* footage of Marilyn singing to the troops - a thing to see! She was so GORGEOUS then!
* a succession of footage which shows Marilyn's changing figure - how beautiful she was at certain points near her death.
* the hint that Marilyn could have been pregnant during Some Like it Hot - which would explain her rather expanded figure.
On the whole, the doco gives a good general overview of the tensions which lead Marilyn to her demise, whether she actually did the final deed or not (this aspect is not debated - Anthony Summers devoted an entire book to it). Its a sort of brief sketch of her life - and a great introduction to the realities of what Norma Jean put up with.
I'm not sure where you'd find this little gem - the copy i've got seems to have been taped off TV - maybe your best bet would be cable, if you've got it.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this