Planes, Trains & Automobiles (1987)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
Sex & Nudity
- On the bus, a couple begins to make out. Del points it out to Neal. Eventually they lean into the isle and bump into Neal. When Neal looks at them, you can briefly glimpse down the girl's shirt. The guy tells them to take a picture. A few seconds later, Neal looks over and the couple is smoking (almost implying they had sex)
- Rated R for some language and a brief sexual image.
- In a taxi, we see a brief close-up of a picture of nude women stuck on the passenger's window.
Violence & Gore
- A man punches another man in the gut
- A man is punched in the face then grabbed and pulled by his scrotum (this is played for laughs).
- 19 F-Words all used in the same scene
- When they are in the real car Steve Martin says the f-word 2-3 times fast. It is hard to hear though.
- 19 f-words (all within a minute), 4 uses of shit, 1 use of bitch, 9 uses of ass, 7 uses of goddamn, 5 uses of damn, 11 uses of hell, 1 use of pissed, 1 use of "screw you", 2 uses of "screwed", 1 use of "testicles", the words "nuts" and "balls" are used a few times as slang terms for "testicles", & about 10 religious exclamations.
- R for language
- At least 10 S-words
- 4 uses of 'bitch.'
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Del smokes cigars in several scenes, and 2 men drink most of the hard liquor shots from a hotel room mini-bar.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The car crash scene may be a bit frightening.