Remake of the 1958 sci-fi horror classic about a deadly blob from another planet which consumes everything in its path. Teenagers attempt without success to warn the townspeople, who refuse to take them seriously.
Donovan Leitch Jr.
Dracula is alive. In fact, he plans to rule the world and that is why he seeks the help of other legendary monsters. However, a bunch of kids regarded by their peers as losers uncover the devious plan and prepare for a counter strike.Written by
Steve Richer <email@example.com>
After the vortex closes, Phoebe moves from one end of the bench to the other and crouches down, lowering her head. In the reverse shot, she's back at the end she was originally at and simply lowers her head. See more »
The TV print shown on TNT contains roughly four minutes of additional deleted scenes not included on the DVD release, including:
1. In the opening scene, immediately following the opening title, one of Van Helsing's men fights off one of the vampire women and accidentally pulls the stake out of Dracula's chest, resurrecting the Count.
2. An extended "comedy routine" scene between the two pilots flying Dracula and Frankenstein's coffins in the World War 2 bomber plane.
3. A scene between Phoebe and her mother in the kitchen. The mother tells Phoebe to go watch her favorite TV show, but Phoebe says her PTA won't let her on the grounds it contains "too much sex," which leads the mother to retort under her breath, "We could use a little sex in this house."
4. An extended scene where the boys are discussing whether or not they know what a virgin is, leading to them asking Rudy if he knows any.
5. When the boys and Frankenstein go to the mansion to retrieve the amulet, there is an additional scene showing them approaching the house where Horace expresses his fear.
6. A scene of Rudy putting his arm around Patrick's sister (to her disgust) as they observe the carnage following the movie's finale.
"Wolfmans got nards" a quote from Horace(also known as Fat Kid)
Great movie. This is the #1 all time best family/horror flick you can see. When I was in preschool I use to watch this movie all the time. Over, and Over. And I blame this one single movie for my great taste in cheesy, violant, Slasher/or not, horror movies. I'm now starting to wach more and more horror B- movies (anything by Troma team video I highly recommend). But back to the monster squad its all about these kids who are really into the whole idea of monsters and stuff. So, they start this Monster club(Hence the name "monster squad"). But the craziest thing happens, Dracula, Frankienstien, The Mummy, The Wolfman, and a swamp creature, all come back to life. With the help of the school tough guy, Rudy they challenge these classic monsters to the death.
FUNNY. 10 OUT OF 10
48 of 64 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this