Short Circuit (1986)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 15 items
Sex & Nudity
- Rated PG for comic action, mild language, and brief sexuality.
- Stephanie is seen in the tub. There is no nudity, but Number 5 comments about her "nice software."
- Number 5 shoots the belt buckle off of Stephanie's ex-boyfriend and his jeans drop exposing his boxers.
- Ben, a stereotypical 'foreign' character with a loose grasp on English words, phrases and social protocols, mentions that he is sporting a "tremendous woody" during a scene where Newton is describing a meeting with Stephanie.
- Number 5 insults a robot by saying "You're momma was a snowblower".
Violence & Gore
- There are a number of laser beams fired from the robots which destroy vehicles.
- In the opening scene, the viewer is lead to believe the robots are destroying vehicles with actual people in them. We soon find out they were only mannequins and the whole thing was only a demonstration.
- Stephanie's ex-boyfriend throws her to the ground during an argument.
- We also see slapstick hitting from the Three Stooges on TV.
- Contains frequent uses of swearwords such as 'shit', 'bastard', 'son of a bitch', 'hell', 'God damn it', 'damn', and Jesus' name is called out a few times.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- We see the robots mixing a gin and tonic in the first few minutes of the movie.
- After the demonstration we see drinks being handed out and the robots telling the guests what they are serving, such as Long Island Ice Tea.
- Later in the film, there is a scene in a bar but no alcohol consumption is shown.
- When the pickup truck with the tracker in the back stops, the passenger says "I hope you took the grass out of the glove compartment."
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Number 5 is presumably blown up. May be upsetting to younger children, but the movie does have a happy ending.