Pretty in Pink (1986)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
Sex & Nudity
- This is definitely one of the mildest John Hughes movies
- There is no nudity but you do see a teen in underwear that's covered by her boyfriends shirt in one scene. It's implied they had sex but no actual sex scenes.
- Some girls shown dancing in their bra and underwear. Flirting.
Violence & Gore
- A hulking guy intentionally rams his shoulder into Duckie. Then him and his friends roughly push him into the girl's locker room.
- Andie repeatedly pushes Blaine into a locker in anger.
- A fight scene includes some pushing and a hit to the face resulting in a nose bleed.
- S**t and bulls**t are used throughout but all of the uses are brief and barely noticeable
- Fa*ot and w***e are used once also Godd**n is maybe said once but is very hard to tell
- 2 F-words, 1 is hard to make out. other PG-13 swearing, however nothing is R-rated
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some characters drink and get drunk.
- There is use of cocaine and marijuana in a couple scenes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Rated PG-13 for language, some violence, sexuality/partial nudity, and some drug use.
- A teenage daughter gets into a heated moment with her dad when she confronts him about his current miserable state as a result of her mother leaving the family, and his need to get over it.