A View to a Kill (1985) Poster

Moore's last decent Bond very underrated and unappreciated good 007 flick
ivo-cobra812 November 2017
A View to a Kill (1985) is guilty pleasure of mine. I don't think it is a terrible movie like mostly people are saying. I love this film always did and it is one of my favorite Bond films. This is the last Roger Moore movie he did before he was passing on Timothy Dalton. It is very underrated and I know that Roger Moore him self has stated that A View to a Kill is his at least favorite James Bond film because Christopher Walken was machine gunning everyone. I have enjoyed the film it was fast paced, entertaining and it had action. I know it does have flaws and mistakes like every movie does. I have enjoyed action and Roger Moore was good in his performance. He did 100% off him and he is acting was decent it wasn't so much goofy or terrible in my opinion.

A View to a Kill is the 14th entry in the official James Bond series and the final film to star Roger Moore in the role of Agent 007. The 1985 installment follows Bond as he investigates a possible plot to destroy California's Silicon Valley. The film's cast includes Christopher Walken, Grace Jones, Tanya Roberts and Dolph Lundgren, who made his acting debut.

I will say I have simply enjoy this flick more then I did The Man With The Golden Gun, Octopussy, From Russia With Love, Skyfall, Spectre, Quantum of Solace, The World Is Not Enough, Die Another Day and of course the worst Bond ever On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

The cast: Tanya Roberts as Stacey Sutton was in my opinion good Bond girl. I have read so many negative comments about her performance. Because she was screaming, she was way too young for Roger Moore she looked like his daughter etc. I disagree she was good and I have enjoyed her performance.

Grace Jones as May Day was another bad girl just like Famke Janssen in GoldenEye. Grace Jones was good as May Day Zorin's lover and chief henchwoman I thought she was really good at her performance.

Christopher Walken was good as Max Zorin: a psychopathic industrialist he was really a good bad guy and I have enjoyed his performance. He did his job good and convincing and it was good in his good effort.

This was really the only movie that was filmed in the USA in which they used Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. The movie really had a lot of action scenes. The car chases in San Francisco with fire truck the cops are chasing Bond and he with Stacey is fleeing trough the bridge. I love the mining scene in which May Day (Grace Jones) slide down Bond and they bring the larger bomb that would destroy the lock. They put the bomb on a handcar and push it out of the mine along a railroad line. May Day stays on the car to hold the faulty brake lever, sacrificing her own life as the bomb explodes.

Great stunt on Eiffel Tower in which May Day jumps off the Eiffel Tower really great stunt scene. Great car scene in which Bond is chasing May Day with a stolen car. I know it was a stuntman and Roger Moore did not drive the car. In Stacey's house the fight with Bond and Zorin's henchman that wasn't Roger Moore fighting them that was his stuntman and it was funny, I thought the stuntman did a good job. But Tanya Roberts did her own stunts and she was good.

I liked the opening scene in which Bond use a flare gun and shots down the helicopter that was cool. I really enjoy the song A View to a Kill from Duran Duran. I have enjoy the horse riding that was really joy able to me in which Bond races with the horse on the race track with Zorin and Zorin's henchman has set booby traps for Bond and Zorin's men get caught instead. I like Bond with a shotgun Remington and he has a rock salt in it. Pretty cool the first time we see Bond with the shotgun and rock salt.

I did not thought that Roger Moore was that old or was that horrible, no he was really good at acting. I am sorry just my opinion. I like the burning elevator in the building in which Bond escapes and saves Stacey I love that sequence.

I miss those kind of movies: like Rambo, Superman and James Bond 007 Roger Moore I miss movie like this? Why can't we get movies like this one back. Again I did not thought Tanya Roberts was horrible or Roger Moore is too old and Tanya Roberts is his daughter. This movie to me is unappreciated and I wasn't bored with it!

9/10 better the Octopussy in my opinion it was good in my opinion. I have seen this movie so many times and I have always enjoyed it I always had fun with it.
89 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nazi_Fighter_David7 August 2005
"A View to a Kill" is a true remake of "Goldfinger." Let's start with the villain and his scheme… The villain, Max Zorin (Christopher Walken), is a true and exact copy of Auric Goldfinger… He owns a stud farm, and wins horse races by cheating... He is the European outsider who plans to wipe out a massive American resource, thus increasing the value of his own stockpiled wealth…His lust for power are greater than his loyalty to a lover…

Disco diva Grace Jones took the role of May Day, Zorin's natural born killer… May Day's leap off the top of the Eiffel Tower is a fine moment in best Bond tradition…This statuesque Jamaican woman—with sharp-cut hair to enhance her profile—is cast as a horse-taming, Kickboxing American who, according to Q, 'must take a lot of vitamins.' Nevertheless, at the film's climax, she retained a few shreds of humanity…

The film opens on an icy Siberian shore, where Bond recovers a microchip from the body of 003, driving back a party of Russian militiamen in his flight back to a British submarine disguised as an ice floe and controlled by blonde compatriot Kimberley Jones (Mary Stavin). The location chosen is both arresting and well-photographed enough to distinguish itself…

Bond is alerted to Zorin's intentions while investigating how the Russians have managed to duplicate a secret microchip resistant to damage caused by the magnetic pulse of a nuclear explosion… The technology has been leaked to the KGB following Zorin's purchase of the research company that developed the chip…

Tanya Roberts—who had joined the cast of television detective series Charlie's Ange1s in 1980—is cast for the role of Stacey Sutton, the beautiful blond geologist and heiress who results a vital assistance to 007 in unraveling the details of Zorin's scheme to detonate a bomb in one of his mines and create a cataclysmic earthquake…

"A View to a Kill" represents the farewell of Lois Maxwell who appeared as Miss Moneypenny for over 20 years of loyal secretarial service, and a unique claim to have featured in every Bond film… The motion picture also concludes Roger Moore's activities for over a decade in Bond adventures…In all his Bond's movies, Moore was a likable hero who softened the menace saving the world seven times with charm, intelligence, and great dialog… However action sequences lost their deadly flavor and took on a madcap flavor… In battles with characters such as J. W. Pepper, Nick Nack, Jaws, and May Day, it was hard to keep too straight a face—and Bond didn't…
36 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A View to a Thrill!!
MovieMan197520 January 2005
Seriously underrated and lambasted by critics, but in my opinion one of the best Bond films. Moore bowed out of the series, just in time (well, at least close to it...) and with a serious bang. Christopher Walken is deliciously evil and psychopathic as Mack Zorin, the Nazi engineered genius looking to take over the tech industry by destroying Silicon Valley with a major flood disaster and earthquake. He is definitely one of the best movie villains ever. Along with some of the best music scoring of all the films in the series, including the fantastic Duran Duran song which epitomizes the 80's, the final showdown between Zorin and Bond on top of the golden gate bridge is breathtakingly exciting. I get goose bumps watching the ending! Many people hate this entry in the 007 series, calling it cheezy, clichéd, and that Moore is just too hammy and way too old. I disagree. I claim to be a true Bond-phile, having seen every film many times over, and have read every one of the most excellent (and quite different from the films) Fleming novels (btw the Fleming short story View to a Kill is actually the basis for the films Live and Let Die and For Your Eyes Only) and find that this is definitely one of my favourites. A great watch with amazing music, villains, and final action sequence.
72 out of 100 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Under-rated Bond entry.
barnabyrudge2 October 2003
A View To A Kill seems to get more than its fair share of criticism. Often it is labelled the weakest of the Bond entries, but I don't think this is particularly true. Personally, I don't even rate it as the poorest of Roger Moore's Bond outings, with Moonraker and The Man With the Golden Gun standing out in my memeory as less memorable escapades than this one.

It's Moore's final appearance as 007, and he is trying to prevent a psychotic business magnate, Max Zorin (Walken) from destroying Silicon Valley and cornering the world electronic market all for himself. To make matters worse, Zorin is not your average adversary, since he was born as the result of a Nazi doctor's scientific tamperings resulting in him being hyper-intelligent but also uncontrollably murderous. The mission takes Bond from Zorin's French chateau, to San Francisco, and ultimately to an abandoned mine close to Silicon Valley, where Zorin plans to detonate a bomb which will trigger a cataclysmic earthquake.

The set pieces are memorable, including a parachute pursuit from the Eiffel Tower, a fire engine chase around the hilly streets of San Francisco, and an airship crash on the Golden Gate bridge. Moore looks a bit old for the part, and his sexual humour bears a greater emphasis than usual of the "dirty old man" baggage. However, he still has an easy-going charisma and good comic timing. Walken makes for a good, supremely confident villain, and is well backed by the fearsome Grace Jones. However, Tanya Roberts might be a gorgeous looker, but her Bond girl character is whining and screaming so much in this film that she eventually wears out her welcome. The theme song from Duran Duran is rather too '80s, but the instrumental music by John Barry is stirring and dramatic.

I'm not sure what all the disappointment is about. A View To A Kill is an above average Bond flick with plenty to keep you entertained.
94 out of 134 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Roger keeps the British end up one last time
ShadeGrenade4 June 2012
Days before the rogue Bond movie 'Never Say Never Again' - which starred Sean Connery - opened in London at the end of 1983, Cubby Broccoli managed to pull off a champion spoiler. He announced that Roger Moore - who had declared his retirement from the role earlier that year with 'Octopussy' - had signed for a seventh movie, provisionally titled 'From A View To A Kill'. In other words, it didn't matter whether or not 'Again' was a hit, because Moore was still going to be around in the future. Loosely based on Ian Fleming's short story ( which appeared in the 'For Your Eyes Only' collection ) 'A View To A Kill' appeared two years later, again directed by John Glen. Critics who had claimed the 56-year old star too old for the role had to eat their words - in fact, he looks in better condition than Connery did in 'Again'. The plot by Michael G.Wilson and Richard Maibaum has Bond investigating the nefarious activities of millionaire 'Maz Zorin' ( Christopher Walken ). When I saw this originally, I chuckled. "They've remade 'Goldfinger!", I thought. "Only with microchips instead of gold bullion!". The two films are similarly structured. Instead of cheating at cards, Zorin is fixing horse races with the aid of steroids and micro-chips. Whereas Goldfinger wanted to increase the value of his gold by blowing up Fort Knox, Zorin wants to increase the value of his micro-chips by triggering an earthquake along the San Andreas Fault, California, thus destroying Silicon Valley.

'Kill' is a long way from 'Goldfinger' in terms of quality, of course, but it is much better than 'Again'. The equivalent 'Oddjob' is the enigmatic 'May Day', played with gusto by singer Grace Jones. Strangely, she never gets to fight Bond, which is a pity as the posters gave the impression such a skirmish was going to the movie's highlight. The action scenes start with an impressive Siberian skiing sequence ( marred only by the use of the Beach Boys' 'California Girls' ), and go on to include May Day jumping off the Eiffel Tower, Bond losing half his car in a chase, Bond and 'Stacy Sutton' ( Tanya Roberts of 'Charlie's Angels' ) trapped in a burning lift shaft, a chase involving a runaway fire engine in San Francisco, and Bond and May Day in a flooding mine, culminating in a climax involving an airship and the Golden Gate bridge. One of the film's pleasures is seeing Moore alongside Patrick Macnee of 'The Avengers', cast as 'Sir Godfrey Tibbett', Bond's sidekick. There is an amusing scene with Bond posing as a rich man and Tibbett as his chauffeur. It is a pity Tibbett was written out so soon. More of him and less of Fiona Fullerton's arch Russian agent - 'Pola Ivanova' - would have helped the movie no end. Moore was reputedly uncomfortable with some of the more violent aspects, such as Zorin machine-gunning to death his own men.

With its lively 'Duran Duran' theme song, 'A View To A Kill' was another big hit when it opened in the summer of 1985. Though it was not formally announced at the time, it was obvious that Moore was not coming back. Ditto Lois Maxwell as 'Miss Moneypenny'. His tenure as 007 - seven films across twelve years - marks him as the longest serving incumbent in the role. He might not have pleased humourless Ian Fleming fans, but there is no denying that he was massively popular with the general public. His successor, Timothy Dalton, was closer to the original Fleming character but the public chose not to endorse him. It was not until the arrival of Pierce Brosnan in 1995 that Moore was successfully replaced. The look of pleasure Moore put on the faces of cinema-goers world-wide took a long time to fade.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dance into the Fire.
Dock-Ock26 November 2001
With A View To a Kill, the cutain falls on one of the greatest era's in action/adventure movies, as we, EON and the rest of the world bid a fond farewell to Roger Moore's James Bond. And what an exit Moore makes, put simply A View to a Kill is on of the most exciting, stylish, well written and under-rated Bond movies of all time.

The basic feel of the movie is pure electric. The series is on a role after the rousing successes that were For Your Eyes Only and Octopussy. Both these movies had represented a maturing point in the series and the shot in the arm of suspense,action and excitement that was needed. This trend is continued to the full with A View To A Kill, and in his goodbye performance Roger Moore manages to remarkably combine all the best elements of his previous Bond movies, and comes up with a perfect way to leave behind Bond and Her Majestys Secret Service.

Cubby Broccoli could hardly have awarded Roger a better acolade in wich to leave the series, than to give him the opportunity to act alongside one of America's all time best character/villain actors : Christopher Walken. Walken as Zorin is the best villain in the series since Christopher Lee's Scaramanga in The Man with The Golden Gun. Walken brings a refreshing air of realism and menace combined to put him amngst the great villains of the series. Equally impressive is Grace Jones as MayDay. Jones is the epitomy of a she-hulk and is the very fore of mid 80-s femenism.She strangely manages to be beautiful and frightening in the same breath, and looks fantastic in the action and love making sequences were she lets Bond know who's on top! Then there is Patrick MacNee as Tibbet. Tibbet is a fun character and when posing as Bonds servent early on in the movie Moore takes every opportunity to ad-lib, ordering and bossing MacNee about. In truth it is very amusing to see John Steed carrying Simon Templer's Bags around. It is a petty that MacNee's character is Killed because other Bond movies would have benefited from Macnee's presence. Less succesfull on the character fronts are David Yip, whos character drifts into the movie, seemingly to make the numbers up and is then killed, and of course Tanya Roberts as Stacey Sutton. Sutton makes Brit Ecklands Goodnight look impressive. Roberts looks good, nd the part is well written , so perhaps it is a case of miscasting. Luckily, the beautiful Fiona Fullerton, who may have been a more impressive Stacey Sutton turns up as the tantalisingly sexy Pola Evanova.

The action set pieces like in every Bond movie fire and work on all cilendars. There is a wonderfull pre-credits Ski-Chase battle set in a picturesque arctic glacier. The excitement begins in Parris were BJ Worth doubled for grace Jones and parachuted off the Eiffel Tower, and this is imediately followed by a fantastic car chase through the Parrisian locals. This later shifts to a simmilar scene in San Francisco, wich has bon Escape a burning elavator shaft and end up driving a Fire Engine dangling from one] at full speed through the city. And finally to the Golden Gate bridge via Air Balloon were Bond and Zorin battle to death. Here Walken displays all the depth of his character, giving a knowing giggle before plummiting to his death, as though he apreciates the joke is on him.

A View to a Kill represents one of the finest scripts in the series, the battle for monopoly over the microchip market. Even if the climax borrows slightly from Superman the Movies flooding of St Andres Fault, or in this case Sillicon Valley. All the elements work. John Barry's Score is his best since On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and the title song by Duran Duran is one of the most energetic and exciting of the series and has quickly becom a standard. In all this is a most satisfying Bond movie. An adequate exit for Roger Moore and one that has stood the test of time well. Thanks Roger and goodbye.
40 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Roger Moore's last outing as Bond
Tweekums21 June 2012
This instalment in the Bond franchise opens with 007 in Siberia retrieving a silicon chip from the frozen body of 003; of course he then has to escape across the ice on skis, a snowmobile, a makeshift snowboard and finally a boat disguised to look like a small iceberg! We soon learn that the chip recovered from Siberia matched those made by a government contractor recently taken over by Zorin Industries. Bond is given to job of investigating Zorin; a task that takes him to France where Zorin is holding a horse sale. Bond learns that Zorin is stockpiling silicon chips but at this point he has no idea why. The only real lead he finds there is a cheque written to a Stacey Sutton, Californian woman for five million dollars. It is at this point that the viewer learns his plans... he is intending to destroy Silicon Valley to give him and his associates a monopoly in silicon chip supply. Bond heads to California where he learns that Zorin is pumping sea water into a series of oil wells. He is initially told that this is routine to test the pipes but when he finds Stacey she tells him that Zorin has been trying to force her to sell her family's oil well and that pumping water into the wells is dangerous as they are on a fault. It turns out he plans to flood both the Heywood and San Andreas Faults while simultaneously blowing up the location that prevents both of them having earthquakes at the same time... Bond and Stacey only have a limited time to prevent to flooding of Silicon Valley and the drowning of hundreds of thousands of people.

As with the other Roger Moore era Bond Films this one contains many elements that are fairly silly; whether that makes them more entertaining or just annoying will depend on the viewer... a case in point is the use of the song 'California Girls' as Bond 'surfs' on a makeshift snowboard in the opening scenes; personally I thought that was rather fun but I know others disagree. Christopher Walken who played the psychotic Zorin made an entertaining if somewhat OTT villain and Grace Jones was good as his Amazonian assistant May Day; although better when doing action scenes than when talking! Roger Moore once again put in a fun performance as Bond although by now he was getting a little old for the role. It wouldn't be a Bond film without exciting stunts in impressive locations; these included having Bond chase May Day in a stolen taxi as she parachuted from the Eiffel Tower; Bond fleeing from the police in a huge stolen fire engine and finally a fight on the top of San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge. It could be argued that the plot has been taken straight from 'Goldfinger'; right down to killing the 'investor' who decides not to proceed when he learns just what the villain is planning, while this is a fair argument I don't think it spoilt the film, even if it is not in the same league as the earlier film. Overall this was a decent final Bond film for Roger Moore although it is far from his best; still it is a fun way to pass a couple of hours on a rainy afternoon!
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very good!!!
blakeboyuk9 December 2002
This is a good Bond film, but sadly is the last with Roger as 007. Despite this, A View to a Kill has one of if not the best Bond bad guys ever. Chris Walken is in fine form as the evil Zorin - a psychopathic mega-lo-maniac with his eyes set on computer domination of the world by destroying silicone valley. I found his devilish laughter, especially just before he dies, one of the best moments in the film. Also his horse related exchanges with 007 are swiftly and enjoyable executed. Obviously Moore does it again with a fine portrayal as JB. The scene with the Iceberg, the fight at Miss Suttons house, the fire truck, the race course are particularly enjoyable. Grace Jones is VERY scary as May Day and certainly one of the most unusual Bond girls. Tanya Roberts as Stacey Sutton is fine and does what all Bond girls are supposed to do - say "oh James" at the end of the film. With Lois Maxwell and Roger Moore leaving the series its a good swan song for them both. (Also, the title Duran Duran sequence is probably the best of the lot with its colourful 80's imagery and the punchy track from a great band!)
43 out of 66 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Roger Moore's final go as Bond a nice send off
Aaron137514 December 2014
For a lot of people, Roger Moore is usually dismissed from the 'who was the best Bond' argument. For me, he was my favorite, possibly still is. Part of the reasons for this is a pure nostalgia factor in that he was the Bond when I was growing up. His films were the ones that were on television and when there was a new film he was Bond. Another reason he may be my favorite is the movies themselves. His Bond films were an eclectic collection of movies that were usually fast paced and fun. Most of his films featured multiple exotic locations , lots of cool action sequences and an awesome villain. Roger Moore's Bond got to duel with Christopher Lee and in this one Christopher Walken two of the best actors to portray Bond villains. Sure, Octopussy was almost the Austin Power's of its day in that it was almost a parody, but this one reigned in the campiness a bit and while not his best work, still ended his tenure as Bond in nice fashion. Not perfect, mind you, as Timothy Dalton's 'The Living Daylights' would be better, this one is still is a good Bond film that probably did represent the 80's more so than did any other Bond film from its opening featuring a Duran Duran song and lots of neon to the inclusion of Grace Jones as villainous sidekick Mayday.

The story has Bond recovering a microchip from a Russian facility that mirrors one at a plant run by Max Zorin. Meaning that somehow the Russians have gotten a hold of one of these chips. James sets out to investigate Zorin at his horse staples as Zorin seems to also have an unnatural edge in the racing of horses as well. It is not too long before Zorin tries to off Bond and show himself as the bad guy and soon Bond must go to San Francisco where he must try to figure out what Zorin's plans are as Zorin seems to be plotting something large. Bond will be assisted by a lady that Zorin has been trying to pay off and intimidate and together they will find themselves in a cave that is laden with Zorin's men as they plan to do something insane to turn the world of computers and microchips decidedly in Zorin's favor.

Roger Moore was quite old by this time and it was time for him to relinquish the role of 007. That being said, he still did a great job as the one thing you can say about him is that unlike Sean Connery near the end of his run as Bond, Moore still seemed to have fun doing it. In fact, I would say had Moore started as Bond instead of Connery, he would likely have kept the role up to View To a Kill. Here his age is apparent, as he is older than Connery, so one knows that you're mainly getting stunt doubles, but they made it work. Christopher Walken is the main villain of the piece and he is crazy good. Probably one of the more psychotic Bond villains he relishes killing those who work for him and laughs as he faces death. Grace Jones is also in this film and like most of the villains henchmen, she is a formidable opponent. Patrick Mcnee also does a good job as the agent initially investigating Zorin's horses. Now for the main problem with the film, Tanya Roberts. She has the looks, but she just does not seem like a Bond girl to me. She is perhaps, my least favorite Bond girl besides Denise Richards in The World is Not Enough.

So, I think this film was a nice farewell for Roger Moore as Bond. I actually thought Octopussy was good too, but this one was just a better send off as it had less comedic elements than did that film. Like I stated above, that one was nearly a parody in areas. Roger Moore's age does show, but he still carries the film well as he faces off a very nice opponent in Zorin played by Walken. I did not enjoy this one as much when I was younger, but it has grown on me, it is just nice to see so many very well down practical special effects rather than mainly CGI ones that accompany nearly every film released these days. It is also interesting that this is the film that sort of brought snowboarding into the open and made it quite big, so Roger Moore's final Bond film did start something rather big and that is rather cool. So is this film…not even Moore's best Bond movie, but a nice cool entry into the series and a nice farewell to probably the actor who enjoyed being Bond the most.
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Quite possibly my favourite bond film
anthony-hickton2 January 2007
After reading several not very flattering opinions of this film, I thought it right to add my own opinion to this film. I'd like to discuss a couple of points mentioned in previous comments.

1) Roger's age - I know Roger was in his late 50's when this movie was made but I don't think it really affects the flow of the film. I actually think this is one of Roger's better films.

2). One of the worst bond films of all time - Lot's of comments refer to this movie as being Roger's worst and possibly one of the worst Bond movies of all time. For me the movie has all the essential bond elements a sexy bond girl, a great theme song, terrific bad guy (Christopher Walken) and Roger on top form. The humour is there throughout the film and it just feels like a bond film. Compare this to 'for your eyes only' which never felt like a bond film to me. I feel it is certainly worthy of a much higher rating than 6.0.
44 out of 72 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
UNDERRATED "GUILTY PLEASURE" ENTRY IN THE BOND SERIES
megabeady313 November 2004
This 1985 Bond film is one of the better entries in the Bond series, even if the story is a bit absurd. It's not quite as good as some of the 1960's classics, and Tanya Roberts is simply awful as the heroine, but Roger Moore is always a treat to watch, and Christopher Walken is solid, if a bit low-key. Some of the scenes in France drag on (the "horse steroids" subplot is tangential to the main story about microchips), but A View to a Kill is still more intelligent than the mindless, over-the-top-action-over-storyline Bonds of the Pierce Brosnan era. Roger Moore is the second-best bond because of his wit alone. If you have to guess who the BEST Bond is, you obviously don't know your Bond history very well.
72 out of 128 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another worthy addition to the Bond series!
crawfrordboon24 April 2004
In Roger Moore's final cinematic assignment as Agent 007, the super-spy must investigate the connection between a Soviet research centre's reproduction of British high-tech blast-proof microchips based and a multi-national industrialist who is hoarding them. With a supporting cast of Christopher Walken, Grace Jones, Patrick McNee, and Tanya Roberts, and locations such as Paris and San Francisco, what you have is another Bond movie with the size and scope to match any of its contemporaries.

To start with the good points, Roger Moore is once again reliable and believable in the role of Bond, and although critics of this movie maintain he was told old by now, this is disputable. The script doesn't allow him as much of his custom wit and repartee, with the writers dropping his usual amiability towards the villain in favour of a disgusted and repulsed tone, which is quite a turn. For those sick of the movies where Bond and his enemies swap endless pleasantries despite efforts to kill each other, check out the Bond/Zorin scenes towards the middle and end of this film. Although not Moore's most memorable turn, he is very solid as 007.

Christopher Walken as Max Zorin, the product of a Nazi genetic experiment who was artificially given both incredible intelligence and psycopathy as a side effect of his mother's treatment in the concentration camps before his birth, gives us an odd-ball but distinctive performance, and is very credible as a single-minded sociopath. Grace Jones plays MayDay, Zorin's bodyguard/girlfriend/personal trainer/hit-woman/seductress and whilst she won't go down as either one of the most beautiful Bond girls or one of his most feared villains, Jones still comes across well with some menace and formidable qualities that even Bond struggles to get to grips with (quite literally!). Both Walken and Jones were odd choices for roles in a Bond movie but both acquit themselves well and gain a respectable place in the pantheon of 007's enemies.

Continuing with the positives, the regulars M, Q, Moneypenny, Frederick Gray, and General Gogol (with Lois Maxwell in her last Bond role) are dependable as ever, and are joined by David Yip as a CIA agent. As in the two previous Bond movies, Moore is joined by a fellow agent on his mission, this time Patrick McNee as Sir Godfrey Tibbett, a horse racing expert affiliated to MI6. In some brilliantly funny scenes, with Bond posing as an owner and Tibbett as his valet, the pair go undercover at Zorin's stables during a horse sale with both hamming it up to distract the guards from suspecting them as impostors. Moore and McNee also appeared together in Sherlock Holmes in New York as Holmes and Watson respectively, as well as The Sea Wolves, and their chemistry is a highlight of the film. Too bad really that Tibbett is assassinated in unusual but chilling fashion by MayDay before the film can make more of his obvious debonair charm.

Also on the plus side, the action is handled very competently, with a Siberian (actually Iceland) ski-chase featuring some extreme-sport pursuits like snowboarding before they became more well-known, an adrenaline-fuelled horse race in which Bond comes under attack from Zorin's henchmen, and a scene in which a Russian agent is fed into a propeller after he is found spying on Zorin. There are also some great stunts, such a base-jump off the Eiffel Tower and in the aforementioned ski scene. For a Bond film the plot is actually fairly logical, although it seems to have borrowed some inspiration from its predecessors. Having said that, which Bond film didn't?

However it isn't all roses. Tanya Roberts is extremely annoying and not at all believable as California's state geologist and a businesswoman whose shares Zorin is trying to buy. Every time it comes to a fight or some action she cowers and whimpers, yelling `Help me James' at the top of her shrill voice, and spends most of the time as some sort of damsel in distress for Bond to save. Apart from Mayday, the henchmen are rather boring this time, with a bunch of caricatures instead of characters: a Texan oil boss, a mad scientist (plus monocle, tweed suit, wild hair, and German accent), and a tall silent type with a facial scar as his single defining feature. Lucky then that Walken is there to bail the movie out and prove, as the tagline suggests, to provide a match for James Bond.

Also, the technically well-done chase sequence in Paris is ruined due to a ludicrous moment in which Bond-s care is hit by another and breaks in half! It looked cool driving on two wheels, but it would have been better in a cartoon. In keeping with some of the less attractive Bond conventions, some of the other action scenes are ruined by an overly-jokey feel - the San Francisco fire truck chase, for example, is played totally for laughs, and, like the Golden Gate Bridge scenes, features so much poor back-projection it is hard not to laugh. Plus, the pre-credits ski-chase is wrecked by an 80's cover of 'California Girls' being played over the action, and Bond's companion and vehicle at the end of this sequence. For all the problems in this paragraph, director John Glen deserves the blame, although he was hardly alone in getting things wrong during 007's 40-year history.

Despite criticisms from some that this is a tired movie with a re-hashed plot and an uninspired screenplay, A View To A Kill holds up pretty well. Most diehard fans of the series don't rank this too highly amongst the others, but for the less demanding viewer there is enough of the Bond formula to appreciate, without a great deal of silliness. There are a few flaws in AVTAK but the positives outweigh the negatives, and while Roger Moore didn't make a great success of his post-Bond career, at least he had a very respectable sign-of from the series with this.

Verdict: 3.5/5: Well worth watching.
45 out of 77 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
There wasn't anything wrong with this one...
diamond_martini15 December 2006
Despite Roger Moore being a little over the hill for his last Bond film, I still loved it.

The basic premise of this movie is, yes, I admit it, similar to Goldfinger. Christopher Walken who happened to be a product of Nazi experimentation plans to destroy silicone valley and have a monopoly on the computer chip market. This was a great story line, especially in the 1980's when computers were becoming cool.

Tonya Roberts, In my humble opinion was probably the most beautiful Bond girl there was. Her sexy throaty whisper was intoxicating. May Day (Walken's strange and muscular girlfriend) added so much too the story, especially what she did at the end.

Despite what people say about this being one of the worst 007 movies, it had a solid story. An amazing performance by Christopher Walken and a very sexy Tanya Roberts. This movie should at least be somewhere in the middle of your James Bond list. So please give this one a chance, it's one of my favorites. Oh, and we can't forget the theme song, which has to be the best James Bond theme ever, and you can't deny that.
38 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Walken saves an otherwise forgettable Bond tale
Reef-Shark30 April 2009
I can say I am a Bond fan, seeing as I own twenty of the twenty-two movies currently on DVD (as of writing this review). So far the only film I haven't enjoyed in the series has been Roger Moore's Moonraker, just because of the over the top silliness and the obvious sell-out to appeal to moviegoers who had just seen Star Wars.

Upon seeing 'A View to a Kill' I instantly was prepared for the worst, and let me tell you this certainly is a bad Bond film. Moore is showing his obvious age, making the relations with his leading ladies undeniably awkward, to say the least. The plot is as simple as they come, and none of the actors are really given any chance with the dialogue they have been given. Moore has very few witty comments in this movie, and most of the other characters are cardboard cut outs.

One thing however manages to make this film better than Moonraker. This is the under-appreciated role of Max Zorin, played by the always wonderful Christopher Walken. I can say without a doubt in my mind that Walken is the single saving grace in this film, exhibiting everything any good Bond villain needs.

Exotic locations: Check! Unique henchmen/henchwoman: Check! Surrounded by beautiful girls: Check Cold and ruthless attitude: Double check! Heartless and chilling disregard for henchmen life: CHECK Walken, with a horrid script (every character in this movie is poorly written) is able to create one of the best Bond villains I've ever seen! The way he talks, the way he acts, everything he does showcases his undeniable talent. So for a movie like 'A View to a Kill' Walken's performance is like shifting through sewage and finding a large diamond ring.

It is because of Walken that I recommend this movie and give it a relatively good rating. Everything else about this film is really forgettable. You'd think a super-strong female henchwoman would make for a memorable moment in the franchise, but this is so poorly handled that she winds up as one of the most forgettable characters in the series, as opposed to one of the best.

Roger Moore, unfortunately, ends his career on Bond in perhaps his own worst performance, which is undeniably sad. It seems that all Bond actors seem to end their careers on the lowest of their films (Connery with 'Diamonds are Forever', Brosnan with 'Die Another Day', and though Dalton was a great Bond, I have to say 'License to Kill' was a weak film) but with those films it has always been more the scripts fault, as opposed to the actor's talent (all three tried their best with the material). Moore is just plain stiff in his last entry! The man seems to have totally lost interest in playing the character by this point.

I consider 1979's 'Moonraker' Moore's worst, but like 'Diamonds are Forever', and 'Die Another Day', Moonraker was more the fault of the script writers; not the Bond actor. In 'A View to a Kill' Moore really shows that he is no longer capable of playing the part, and that is the saddest part of the film (especially seeing Moore seducing girls much younger than himself, with his developing turkey neck becoming quite obvious). Walken makes the movie an enjoyable, B-grade action movie, but as for Bond, this is where it becomes an undeniable fact that Moore has overstayed his welcome as Agent 007.

Moore deserved a better ending, and the fact is that he just shouldn't have come back for this film. Octopussy may have actually been a decent departure, but Moore decided to try one last time and it really is the straw that breaks the Moore Bond's back. Enough was enough, and Moore failed to recognize when he should have cried "when!" I give this film a decent rating for the performance of Christopher Walken, but everything else is very low, and forgettable. Go and see it for Walken, but it is sad to see Moore's finally desperate breaths as he tries to keep the character going one last time.
23 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Moore's Swansong As James Bond Is Entertaining But Uneven Action Spectacular
ShootingShark26 September 2010
British secret agent James Bond is called in to investigate Max Zorin, a wealthy business tycoon with an insane plan to flood Silicon Valley in California and gain control of the world supply of microchip processors. Can this madman be stopped ?

This is seventh and final of Moore's outings as the suave, supercool spy 007, and whilst in my view it's one of the weakest, it's still cracking good entertainment. It's got all the classic elements; car chases, sexy women, hair-raising fights, crazy gadgets and tons of spectacular scenes like the final showdown on top of the Golden Gate Bridge. The main reason it doesn't work so well for me is because the tone varies pretty wildly; the straight ahead spy stuff is great but there are too many comedy moments like the Keystone Kops chase on a fire engine, mixed with a horribly violent scene towards the end where Zorin gratuitously massacres a mine full of construction workers. The mine sequence features an incredible set and an astonishing flood sequence but is really tacky; it's interesting that the BBFC rated this film as a PG (as all Bond films are), but if somebody like Walter Hill or John Woo had put that in their movie it would be an instant 18/R. Moore is good but perhaps a little too old (he was fifty-seven) and mismatched against a great method actor like Walken. Jones is fun in a nutty sort of way but Roberts is a bit of a wet blanket. One of the comedy scenes that does work is the hot tub sequence with sexy Fullerton; it's a bit of a shame her part isn't more substantial. The story is completely potty (even by Bond standards), complete with drugged horses, a crazed Josef Mengele character, a villainess who switches sides ten minutes from the end and a central premise lifted from Superman. As ever with this series though, it is extremely handsomely produced, with superb art direction from Peter Lamont, stunning costumes by Emma Porteous and a thrilling score by John Barry with a huge romantic main theme. It's also worth noting that this was the last appearance of the charming Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny; she was in all fourteen of the official Bond films up to this one and brightened every one of them. Look fast also for a young Dolph Lundgren (Jones' boyfriend at the time, would you believe) as a heavy in the scene where the KGB chew out Zorin. Not Bond's finest hour by quite some way but a spectacular epic nonetheless, shot in San Francisco, Paris, Chantilly, Iceland, Ascot Racecourse and at Pinewood Studios.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Who car-jacks a snowmobile, taxi cab, fire truck, and blimp . . .
pixrox131 July 2014
. . . all in the same movie? Bond. James Bond, that's who. He also steals a horse, shoots down a helicopter, invents snow boarding, hijacks a truck full of dynamite, jams a drilling rig, replays the "inside job" massacre at San Francisco's City Hall, crashes a wedding, bests Evel Knievel's top vehicle jump, straddles the point of the TransAmerica Building, and saves Silicon Valley. (Almost sounds like Bauer. Jack Bauer.) Roger Moore is back for his seventh and final crack at Bond. Though Electro-Magnetic Pulse resistant (or EMP-proof) microchips are the initial "MacGuffin" of this yarn, that tech angle is soon dropped in favor of rehashing the same storyline of the previous Bond flick, OCTOPU$$Y. The renegade Russian is reduced in rank from "General" Orlov to "Agent" Zorin. Since Orlov never had his own blimp, Christopher Walken as "Zorin" probably doesn't feel too slighted here. Grace Jones essentially plays Wonder Woman, and blows up on the screen big-time. As Bond says to the "Stacy Sutton" character during their joint effort at water conservation, "That's not the soap!"
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best - beware of spoilers
Baccchewa7 April 2014
I think Moore does a great job in this his last Bond-film. Actually, I think he's better than ever. Just as Connery is in Never Say Never Again, Moore is here much more confident, charming and delivers his lines superbly. And he's very funny at times, especially when nagging with his "servant" in France. I love the classy style of the film, with the upper class suits and environments. The music score by John Barry is the best ever in a Bond-film. Even the title song with Duran Duran is great. The opening sequence is great, apart from the Beach Boys music (what were they thinking?). Grace Jones does a good job, and so does most other actors. Tanya Roberts, on the other hand, brings the experience down quite a bit. So does the strange massacre at the end, which is pretty gruesome actually and not really necessary. The female KGB-agent is also more looks than brains and is not very believable . Other than that - great action and a really fun Bond-film!
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Max Zorin for the win
Sandcooler16 September 2011
Christopher Walken with a machine gun, Duran Duran while they were still popular, James Bond while he was still Roger Moore, steroid-enhanced horses, evil Grace Jones, a zeppelin: it's really tough to find something in this movie that's not cool. "A View To A Kill" wasn't too well-received when it came out, but I seriously have no idea why. It's a highly entertaining movie, filled with all of the elements that you could possibly watch Bond flicks for. It goes on for almost two and a half hours, but it contains more than enough action to justify that running time. And if there's no action, you still have a lot of Walken being completely insane, which is just as good. Highly underestimated entry.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the Most Enjoyable Bond Movies
uroshnor5430 July 2014
I didn't really pay much attention to the James Bond series until I saw the last half hour of A View to a Kill on TV when a channel (I forget which) was playing all the Bond movies all day long for a few days (because Skyfall was going to be released soon). It was because of that last half hour that I decided to watch all of AVtaK and more movies in the series. I haven't seen all of them yet but I have seen Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, Live and Let Die, The Man with the Golden Gun, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, Never Say Never Again (yes, I know it's not an Eon movie), Octopussy, A View to a Kill, The Living Daylights, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, Casino Royale (2006), and Skyfall. So that's 16 movies plus one non-Eon movie. It's strange, I didn't realize until now that I've seen all of Roger Moore's Bond movies.

Anyway, I might lose all of my nonexistent credibility but A View to a Kill is my second favorite of the Bond series (The Spy Who Loved Me is first). And not just because it's nostalgic. I think it's got good action scenes and locations. Christopher Walken is great. Max Zorin is definitely one of the best villains in the series. Grace Jones is pretty good too as Mayday. And Roger Moore really isn't that bad. Yeah, he was 57 at the time of filming but I thought he gave a good last performance as Bond. And I must say I really liked Tanya Roberts.I'm surprised a lot of people think she's one of the worst Bond girls.

The plot is pretty good. It's kind of complex without getting convoluted like some other James Bond movies (like Skyfall). It's been said that A View to a Kill has a few similarities to Goldfinger but I didn't (and don't) really mind since I saw it first.

Oh yeah, and Duran Duran's title song for AVtaK is my favorite of the series (GoldenEye and Live and Let Die would be a close second and third, respectively) and John Barry's score is also great.
13 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Deserves a lot more credit
rorymacveigh29 August 2012
Many people feel that this is the weakest Bond ever made and somehow is worse than the implausible Moonraker. But to my mind, this film is great in comparison and would actually come quite a way up my list of Bond movies. The film is the final outing of Roger Moore before he handed over the role to Timothy Dalton and I can see why as he really is looking his age. But even though he may not be as agile as he was and he may need a few more stunt doubles than is necessary, he still does a pretty stand up performance. Christopher Walken also plays an enjoyable bad guy as the psychotic Max Zorin, a Genetically Engineered Child of a Nazi Scientist who has incredible intelligence with the side effect of psychotic behaviour. He plays a really quite complex villain which can go from menacingly calm to psychotically over-the-top.

The film follows the story of Bond as he tries to stop the evil Zorin from flooding Silicon Valley near San Francisco by way of causing an earthquake on both faults located in the area. A pretty reasonable story if you think about it. How can Zorin achieve the ability to control Geomorphology? How can Bond stop him? Why does he want to destroy the Valley? Only the movie holds the key.

As mentioned, not over the top, quite humorous in places and apart from that, has the best Bond Theme I've heard in a long time, up there with 'You Know My Name' from Casino Royale!
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst Moore film. One of the worst in the series.
QoS0079 July 2008
Where to begin with this travesty of a Bond film...

I'll start by mentioning the one good point of the film. I rather enjoyed the opening theme by Duran Duran, even though I strongly disliked the visual aspect of it.

Easily one of the worst Bond films in history, AVTAK accomplished the same thing that Connery and Brosnan's last films did for them.

With Moore now into his late 50's, we see that he should have called it quits with Octopussy or even For Your Eyes Only. The films starts off with one of the absolute worst sequences with Bond 'snow surfing' to the song of California Girls. I would ask the producers what they were thinking when they decided to have an almost 60 year old looking Bond try to pull off stunts that most 30 year old can't pull off, but I'm sure they are thinking that already. Also, where is the classic Bond score during a scene like this??? What an abomination. I would discuss Bond's escape into a miniature submarine disguised as an iceberg, but I would rather not have you think about it.

I won't go into great detail concerning the plot, because I feel like it isn't even worth mentioning. With some Bond films I can easily say that the plot was a great idea, but poorly conceived. This is not one of those times. The plot is extremely choppy, campy, and drags in almost every scene. From beginning to end I kept thinking to myself: 1) Is it really getting this much worse? 2) How is it possible that they messed up a Bond movie like this after two great films back-to-back? The climax, or lack there of, was short and completely loony. Watching 57 year old Moore playing Bond in some of the most overblown stunts in the franchise's history was more than laughable. I was more than happy when the credits started to roll.

Even though Christopher Walken is a great actor, he played one of the worst Bond villains. He mannerisms and overall appearance were frustrating and ill-timed. Grace Jones, while quite gritty in AVTAK, ended up falling short as well. The one thing that prevents me from watching this movie entirely anymore, is Tanya Roberts as Stacey Hutton. Again, why would the producers allow the footage that they shot of her to even enter into a theater? Her constant shrieking and crying is worse than that of a 2 year old. She played no part in Bond's mission and was a complete hindrance.

21 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The "New Coke" of James Bond films
baseat24 November 2000
Despite the lousy treatment that this movie has received on this site, I think that this is easily one of the best of the Roger Moore 007 films and ranks among my all-time favorite Bond films. It's entertaining, the story is fresh and creative, and the characters are well-cast. Firstly, Roger Moore, who was 57 at the time, was NOT too old to play 007 in this film. Can we really define "too old" when actors that are in their 50's such as Harrison Ford, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Sylvester Stallone regularly star in action films today. If Indiana Jones 4 and Terminator 3 both came out tomorrow, most of us would rush to buy tickets, thinking little about the fact that Ford and Schwarzenegger might be "a little old". I think that Christopher Walken played an excellent villain. His character, Max Zorin has it all: creepiness, unpredictability, and an appetite for death and conquest. Some people are shocked about the segment in the mine scene when Zorin takes out a bunch of his workers with an Uzi. To those people I say, "Hello! Max Zorin was psychotic! This scene was an excellent demonstration of his sick mind. Had you been paying attention to the movie you'd know that!" The bottom line is that the cast is great and the story makes perfect sense(more than I can say for The Living Daylights, which is somehow rated higher on this site). In light of this, I don't see how anyone could hold it with such contempt. In a way, A View to a Kill is like the New Coke which was introduced around the same time. It's formula, while deviating from the original, offered a far superior taste. Despite the excellent taste, it was still shunned by the public and fans of the original Coca-Cola, much like this movie is shunned by James Bond fans.
14 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Even with its imperfections this is still a great Bond movie.
Rodrigo_Amaro24 July 2012
"Skyfall" is coming with Daniel Craig again as the new and ultra serious Bond so what's better than to take a look at the Bond classics and revisit some really great moments? "A View to a Kill" marked Roger Moore's last film as 007 (a forced exercise to him, since he was hoping that "For Your Eyes Only" would be his final), not much of a great exit but still a fun thing to watch.

My evaluation of this film comes in light of how Bond series changed through the years, stuck with some aspects, characters, situations, his eternal drink, and why even the funniest flicks of the agent still are slightly better than the ones we're seeing now. It's a generation thing, I grew up watching those films and they were a lot of fun. I know the whole change behind the longest franchise so far (let me know if there's any other...) was to gather a new audience and maybe preserve the oldest, just like the Batman reboot started brilliantly with Christopher Nolan, and many other franchises went along. But that didn't meant quality in the Bond case. Fine, the oldest ones like "A View to a Kill" were ridiculously in its editing, you can clearly see the stunt double changing places with Moore or Connery, or whoever is playing Bond, and it's very funny and a little bit over-the-top but they were fun, amazing, pleasant to watch. Now, all we have is dramatic parts, a certain reluctance in acting (this never works in Bond films, take a look at George Lazenby only instance), an agent with so much feelings. I liked the movies but didn't enjoyed them so much (Q is going to return, so let's see, difficult to replace the irreplaceable Desmond Llewelyn).

Enough with the comparisons, let's see what "A View to a Kill" is all about. 007's mission is to investigate the eccentric Max Zorin (an blonde Christopher Walken) and his enigmatic Zorin Industries and the masterplan that involves the destruction of the Silicon Valley. And Bond is escorted by Stacey Sutton (Tanya Roberts, you all know her from "That 70's Show" as Donna's mom) and May Day (the diva Grace Jones), Zorin's partner and a woman of many talents. Among the action sequences, highlight to the chase at the Eiffel Tower and the fight on the blip flying over San Francisco, where it also happens a strange car chase that looks more suitable on a Police Academy movie than in a Bond movie.

There's excitement and good moments overall, some forced moments and an almost empty plot when it comes to the villainy committed (just a psycho who wants to sink Silicon Valley? We could have more). Don't even get me started on how bad edited some sequences were (the car chase in Paris, it's unbelievable how close they were from the stunt double, obviously not Moore driving that "half car") or even endure with Roberts sexy hoarse voice all the time calling "James!" (priceless!), far from being perfect. But who cares? This is so much fun, highly entertaining, it's always a pleasure to see Moore as Bond (the funniest and in a good way!) and there's the best theme song ever in a Bond movie, Duran Duran's title song (the video clip is even better, with the band members at the Eiffel tower, mixing scenes with 007 chasing the mysterious killer).

You can't miss this! 10/10
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The pits.
evearden6 June 2011
The absolute worst Bond.

Commits the worst possible crime for an 007 movie: it's BORING!

The worst script, the worst acting, the worst stunts, the worst sets, the worst title sequence, the worst action... Anyone who likes this film has no idea about what is necessary to make a decent film, let alone a good Bond.

Nothing to recommend it except an o.k.(not great) Duran Duran theme song which sounds much better later in the film arranged by John Barry for a (dreadful) love scene.

I don't blame the actors - their task was impossible.

I DO blame the scriptwriter and the director. I couldn't believe Richard Maibaum was involved as he had written a lot of good Bonds. I can only presume that the co-writers did the bulk of the work. John Glen is a journeyman director who had nowhere to hide with such pathetic material.

And Glen claimed the "credit" for using 'California Girls' in the opening scene. That adds one final "worst" achievement by being the worst-ever song placement in a film.

How did the series survive this turkey?
14 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why does everyone Hate this Film?
bigtkeller28 January 2007
What is wrong with everyone? This is a great Bond film. What's not to like; I too am writing this because there are so many bad reviews about this film and I do not understand everyone's reasoning behind it. I also know that Roger Moore was in his late 50's when he did this film, but he still looks like he is in better shape than when Sean Connery did his last Bond film, Diamonds are Forever (not counting Never say Never Again). Sean Connery was just 41 in his last Bond film and he looked like he was getting fat, at least Roger Moore has tried to keep in shape and for being 58 he doesn't look too bad. As for me I think that Sean Connery was a good Bond, but still a little overrated. I do believe Pierce Brosnan, Roger Moore, and even this new guy, Danial Craig, are all better than Sean Connery. Sean Connery has done even better roles than James Bond.

Now back to the movie. It has every thing you want in a film. It has one of the better looking Bond girls in the series, memorable villains (Zorin and Mayday), great action sequences (The opening ski chase scene, the fight on the Eiphal Tower, the fire engine chase, and the dual on the Golden gate Bridge), great plot (Zoring trying to destroy Silicon Valley so he can take over the microchip market) and a great original song. Roger Moore still puts out a good performance as Bond, but I feel this time around that Christopher Walken was even better as the villain. All in all a great Bond film, very underrated, probably my favorite Roger Moore film, and probably number five on the whole Bond list (Out of all 21).
14 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.