Snowroller - Sällskapsresan II (1985) Poster

Warm, moving and very funny
Catharina_Sweden31 May 2020
I blushed and laughed alternately when I watched this, because I recognized myself and people that I know in the various situations. It is a very "human" movie that you can relate to. It is also a warm movie, with much heart and empathy beneath the amusing happenings. There is a lot of action; things happen all the time - it is not slow, as many a little older movies are easily perceived to be today. A must-see if you would like to understand us Swedes!
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A true Swedish classic
bjornet13 April 2001
Probably a majority of the Swedish population has seen this true classic about skiing vacations in The Alps. The plot might be silly, but the movie remains splendid. Lasse Åberg manages to capture the feeling of a typical skiing vacation, with a lot of humor. Those of us who have been on a skiing vacation in Austria, can probably identify themselves with the atmosphere captured in "Sällskapsresan II, Snowroller". It might not be a masterpiece, but it remains a true classic.
19 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A true Swedish classic. (Only it's a French classic)
sebastian_jahreskog26 May 2004
The first two films in the Sällskapsresan series do not have such an original script as most Swedes would think.

Both of of these are, if not copies, very and I do mean VERY similar to French "Les Bronzés" from 1978 (http://imdb.com/title/tt0077276/) and "Les Bronzés font du ski" from 1979 (http://imdb.com/title/tt0078907/).

It might be a good adaptation but it's not the brainchild of Åberg. This can be seen in the following films in this series where the quality is not even half as good as in the first two. Could lack of "inspiration" be the reason. Now Åberg had to come up with his own script and if you compare the first two with the others you will see the point.

The first two films are however still a good laugh
15 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.