The Breakfast Club (1985)
- Carl predicts where the five kids will be in thirty years. Bender will have killed himself, Claire will have had "two boob jobs and a face lift", Brian will have become very successful, but die of a heart attack, due to the stress of the high paying job. Allison will be a great poet, but no one will care, and Andrew will marry a gorgeous airline stewardess, who will become fat after having kids.
- In a dream sequence, Allison imagines Andrew as a gluttonous Viking, Bender as a prisoner, Claire as a bride, Brian as an astronaut, and herself as a vampire. In an unfilmed alternative to this dream sequence, all five kids imagine random things, including cars, naked women, Godzilla, beer, and fighter planes, and these things end up filling the room until Vernon interrupts.
- John Bender was not going to walk to school in the original script. He was going to be driven by his dad in a rusty tow truck, and have a brief fight with him before his dad drives off. Bender was also tossed a bagged lunch, with his father saying "You are a waste of lunch meat!"
- After Bender demonstrates "Life at Big Bri's house" Brian stops Bender, and corrects him with a much more pessimistic version of the skit. Claire then proceeds to act out her life before asking Bender to demonstrate his version. Bender's routine changes as well here. After Bender mimics his mom, he stops, commenting that "then they make me work to pay off the dentist for the teeth HE busts."
- The scene where Andrew and Allison are walking to get the sodas is extended to a point, where Allison pulls out a pack of cigarettes, and smokes one.
- After getting the sodas, Bender shakes his can violently and places it among the five to see who gets the rigged one. Allison ends up getting it, and when she opens the can, all the soda squirts directly into her mouth.
- After Vernon asks who has to use the lavatory, the five go to the bathroom. Vernon gives the boys two minutes, and the girls three minutes. Claire catches Allison in a stall eating a bag of chips, repulsing her. Bender mocks Brian for sitting down to pee instead of using a urinal.
- When the group is sitting in the circle and Allison mentions that she can write (and do other things) with her toes, she was going to follow up with an actual demonstration.
- Several staff members were cut out of the script before filming. Dr. Lange, a Social Studies teacher, who dresses oddly, and Robin, a gym teacher. Robin helps Vernon on a few workout machines until Vernon injures his back, and she eventually visits the students while they are in their circle in the library. Robin initially replaced many of Carl's scenes, and Carl was originally set to be a minor character, with only two scenes.
- During a cast reunion in honor of the film's 25th anniversary, Ally Sheedy revealed that a Director's Cut existed, but Hughes' widow did not disclose any details concerning its whereabouts.