The Equalizer (1985–1989)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
Sex & Nudity
- Some partial nudity and references in certain episodes involving teenage abductees and forced white slavery ("The Lock Box") and child pornography ("A Place to Stay"). One young woman singer was sexually exploited by her manager as a younger girl ("Eighteen With A Bullet") while another singer in this episode who became a has-been is show on film having sex with her manager.
Violence & Gore
- Fight scenes and gunplay but little to no blood is ever shown.
- Some mild words like "by God", "damn" and "Hell", Hell sometimes in the literal sense.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some of all, e.g. episodes "Joyride" was about the new crack epidemic, "Christmas Presence" was about a little boy whose IV druggie mother spread AIDS infection to his father and to him during pregnancy. "Eighteen With A Bullet" has a rock manager who gets his teenage clients hooked while he keeps control of their money, e.g. 'Gina Rox' is a heroin addict and 'Beverly Heat' is given cocaine and the manager himself is shown smoking drinking alcohol and taking pills. Numerous scenes of smoking and drinking in many episodes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Tense episodes involving foreign intrigue, false committals to psychiatric facilities, police corruption, etc....