Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
Sex & Nudity
- A couple make out, they are naked but nothing explicit is shown. Sex is implied.
- Jenny Hayden is walking around her house wearing only a jumper and panties for quite some time.
- Jenny is seen in her panties for a very long time. First while she's sleeping and then when she meets the star man. Not sexual, but her thighs and panties are clearly visible.
- Jenny Hayden is shown sleeping in her underwear.
- Jeff Bridges, as the alien, stands up after landing on the planet. We see him naked from the back revealing his backside plainly for a few seconds.
Violence & Gore
- Several men gang up and beat up the Starman with their fists until scared off by a gunshot in the air.
- Policemen pull upside the Starman's car and shoot at it with a shotgun, blowing out the passenger window and hitting Jenny Hayden. She is shown with blood on her face and a wound in her side (not especially graphic, but might be upsetting for children).
- The Starman crashes his car into a capsized gas tanker truck causing a huge explosion.
- Shit, bastard, and son-of-a-bitch.
- We also see two people gesturing with their middle fingers, once by the Starman who is mimicking another individual and does not understand its meaning.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Extremely mild smoking and drinking. Nothing you wouldn't see in a 'G' rated movie.
- Many characters are seen smoking throughout the movie, including Jenny Hayden, a man who picks up the hitchhiking Starman, and the Starman himself (for comedic effect; attempting to inhale makes him cough very forcefully and make faces of disgust). A SETI scientist following the heroes also smokes a cigar, and at one point blows smoke into the face of the show's primary antagonist.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There are no frightening scenes in this film.