A homicidal maniac is accidentally released from a hospital because of a computer error and heads to the site (a sorority) of his past murders to continue his penchant for mayhem. Dr. Joan Gilmore takes off after him while the hospital administrators cover up the mistake and send some staff thugs out to get both the doctor and the escaped lunatic.
Dare You Watch It Alone?
See more »
Did You Know?
Filmed in New Jersey in 1983 under the title "Dark Sunday". Other alternate titles included "Beautiful Screamers", "The Omega Factor" and "The Nightkillers". See more
When Dr. Gilmore checks the computer and realizes that Howard Johns was released by mistake, the information (list) on the screen completely changes in each shot. See more
All right girls listen up. This is probably a simple prank. Just to be safe I want you to lock up and stay together.
The UK cinema and video releases were edited by the BBFC as follows, with the cuts carried over to the 2002 DVD release:
- When the woman's head is crushed in a vice, all close-ups are removed, along with all shots of blood.
- The sight of a dart embedded between a woman's breasts is taken out.
- Sexual dialogue about a syringe being twisted in a female doctor's buttocks is cut ("And when her pants are down...you get my drift, pal?").
- Shots of a deep gash in a woman's back and blood/gore on the weapon are removed.
- We do not see the electric prod superimposed over a female victim's face.
- The sequence in which a drill penetrates a man's skull is largely edited out.
- The scene of the doctor being chased through the air vent is shortened, with shots of spinning blades removed.
Referenced in Fright Show