Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 10 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for violence|
Sex & Nudity
- Nausicaa stuffs her pet fox-squirrel into her shirt, next to her right breast, but only a glimpse is seen. There are several shots which seem to show her bare bottom, but she is actually wearing white tights or trousers; the color difference is clear when compared to her hands and face.
Violence & Gore
- Many sword fights, some people are fully impaled, but the movement is fast and no blood is shown. Most times people are stabbed or hit they fall on the ground and it is unclear whether or not they are dead. A tank drives into a group of soldiers up against a door, it is unclear whether they are hurt. Some airships with people inside explode. A women who survived a plane crash dies in another woman's arms. A large baby bug is impaled with spikes and blue ooze or blood drips out of its shell. A large monster fires laser beams from its mouth at a stampede of bugs and large explosions consume them; the monster dies and the flesh melts off its bones in moments leaving a huge skeleton. A girl is shot in the leg and the shoulder as she tries to attack two soldiers, later her bloody wounds are magically healed. A man is stabbed in the hand, blood runs down the sword and drips onto the floor. Many scenes of devastation and destroyed cities in ruins.
- In the Japanese version, there are around six uses of "damn."
- No noteworthy profanity is present in the English dub.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Several battle scenes between human armies and stampedes of gigantic insects are quite intense. A large part of the plot revolves around people fighting these insects, which may be frightening to some.
- There are several scenes of cataclysmic warfare and devastation.
- The main characters are put in grave danger. One Is shot and blood is shown. One dies, but is saved.
- A ruler attempts to resurrect a gigantic warrior. Scenes of its internal organs are shown in detail as its body is reconstructed. The warrior is brought into battle before its reconstruction is complete; it collapses and the flesh quickly rots off its bones.
- It should be kept in mind that this movie is quite violent for being rated PG, as it contains violence, blood and rather disturbing imagery. This film was released shortly before the PG-13 category was created.
Violence & Gore
- The main character goes on a violent rampage after she finds her father dead. A lot of blood is present in this sequence. However she does show remorse for her actions not long after.