The Thing (1982)
So fans are no closer to an answer either way.
Conclusion: the Thing used its shape-shifting ability to reach up through the underside of the door into the fridge and sliced up the blood bags without ever needing to actually unlock and open the door to get the job done.
- Doc and Blair checking the corpse of the dead Norwegian that Garry killed. Garry takes the Norwegian's ID tags and reads his name, Jans Bolen. Childs is asked by Garry if the Norwegian said something before he was shot, and Childs' response is, "Am I starting to look Norwegian to you, bwana?"
- Norris goes to Mac's shack and tells him that he needs to fly the helicopter over to Norwegian base.
- Mac and Doc checking the destroyed Norwegian base longer and right after they find the giant block of ice where the thing was frozen, they also find the body of one more dead Norwegian stuffed inside the closet.
- The rest of the crew sitting together and waiting for Mac and Doc back at outpost while two of them are at the Norwegian base.
- Mac moving his stuff inside the base because cold weather outside is too much for his shack.
- Doc and Fuchs checking the footage from the Norwegian base.
- Mac watching some footage from the Norwegian base with his "friend", a blow-up doll.
- Blair checking the Dog-Thing's dead body longer while the rest of the crew is asking questions about it. When Blair mentions that the thing is not dead yet, everyone back off from it.
- Mac and Norris climbing out of the crater where the thing's UFO is located.
- Mac shows everyone ripped clothes that Nauls found in his kitchen, revealing that whoever was wearing it is a large person; however, most of the crew members are therefore suspected to be the things.
- Deleted sequence during the scene where some of the crew members are tied down when lights in outpost turn off, causing panic between the crew for some time before Mac and Palmer manage to fix it. John Carpenter mentioned in DVD commentary that the "Lights out" scene was deleted because it was lighted with blue light which didn't really work in the scene.
- Originally, Fuchs was found dead by Childs and Palmer inside their greenhouse, pinned to a door with a shovel impaled into his chest (in original script, he was killed in the same way but with with an axe). There is a picture that shows Fuchs impaled with the shovel on the door; however, there is also one picture that shows rather a Fuchs-thing, still impaled and burned.
- Originally, Bennings was killed with a screwdriver from behind by an unidentified person in a blue coat (presumably Blair) while he was inside the kennel. Beginning of this scene where he enters the kennel, sees someone and says "Clark?" was used for early TV cuts and it was also in deleted scenes in Special Edition of the movie. Carpenter mentioned that he wanted to make Clark look more suspicious with this scene, but after viewing the scene in early previews, it didn't fit well with rest of the movie, and it felt more like something out of Carpenter's Halloween (1978).
- Mac and Nauls are checking the Mac's shack when suddenly Mac's blow-up doll flies out through the shack's destroyed roof, scaring the hell out of both of them.
- Scene where Blair-thing attack Nauls was in fact filmed but was removed by Carpenter because the effects weren't good, and even the test audience laughed at them.
- Blair-thing was originally shown onscreen much longer in really bad stop-motion scene which Carpenter deleted.