The Last Unicorn (1982)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
Sex & Nudity
- A creature known as a harpy in the film has 3 human like breasts that can be seen in a few shots.
- The magician is tied to a tree and tries to free himself using magic. He accidentally brings the tree to life and it looks as if his head is smooshed between two breast-like bulges.
- The unicorn is turned human by the magician. She is nude but with no exposure. Later when she's turned back, her dress disappears and a breast is revealed for a second.
Violence & Gore
- Some violent scenes can get graphic.
- Prince Lir beheads a dragon. We don't actually see this happen, though. We see him fighting it and then later presenting the cut off head to Amalthea (a.k.a the unicorn).
- Also, at one point during the second encounter with the red bull, Lir gets run over by the bull and it's later revealed that he was killed. There's no blood, though, he just lays there. He is later brought back to life.
- Following discussions of death: the Harpy's inevitable killing of Momma Fortuna, the unicorn releases the Harpy from her cage, who tries to kill the unicorn but instead kills Momma Fortuna. There is no blood, but it is obvious by the sounds that the winged creature is killing her.
- The word "Damn" is used in uncut version of the film four times.
- The word "Hell" is also used in the movie.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A skeleton mimes the act of drinking wine and getting drunk.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some other scenes can get very scary.
- Scenes with The Red Bull and with the Talking Skeleton.
- Scenes with the Harpy attacking and killing Momma Fortuna.
- Intense scene when King Haggard flips out on Amalthea and threatens to throw her into the sea.