For Your Eyes Only (1981)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 34 items
Sex & Nudity
- When Bond spends the night with the Countess, she claims "me nightie's slipping," which reveals a significant amount of her chest. As she and Bond kiss, her nipple is visible for a moment as the scene cuts.
- Just like all bond films, there's quite a lot of romance.
- As usual for a Bond film, silouettes of nude models in the opening credits. Very brief breasts can be seen.
- Bond refuses sex to a teenager who claims she is not a virgin.
- Some innuendo.
- Bond has implied sex with a woman. She is wearing a very revealing nightie that slips down, showing a lot of her breasts; we see nothing more than kissing between them.The next day, she wears a see-through dress with a skimpy bikini underneath.
- A scene in which a woman is kissing a security guard, she is wearing quite the revealing top which when shot from a higher angle showed her nipple.
- In the ending credits James Bond and Melina are skinny dipping. We see the outline of Melina's nipples and butt at times, however since it is at night and mostly silhouetted, it is not very graphic.
- There is a scene of a pool party with many women in bikinis (some are revealing). Also at that pool party is a man who passionately kisses a woman and then starts kissing her neck.
Violence & Gore
- A man kicks Bond over the side of a cliff, but he catches himself on a rope. He climbs back up and throws a knife at the man, killing him. The man's corpse plummets over the side of the cliff.
- A man is shot with an arrow, but is only wounded, and survives.
- Two men briefly fight on steps leading up to a helipad, and both punch and wrestle with each other.
- Bond and several other men fight enemies on a boardwalk in the monastery in the end, and one is knocked through a stained glass window. Bond then fights a large man in a room, and pushes him out of a window, and he falls to his death.
- There's a long ski chase where Bond is pursued by several men. He's punched by an assailant while going down a ramp, but knocks the man over and continues. He ultimately crashes near a shed, and both men pursuing him on motorcycles crash, and he escapes.
- There's a long car chase near the beginning, and several men shoot at a car driven by Bond and a woman. The car overturns, but they manage to right it and continue driving. The two cars chasing them crash.
- Bond and a woman are tied together and dragged behind a boat, and Bond hits part of a coral reef, and some blood is seen.
- Bond and a man in a large mechanical suit struggle inside a sunken ship, and Bond is knocked over, and a shelf lands on him. His arm is cut and some blood is seen, but he attaches a bomb to the man's suit and escapes, and the man is killed in the ensuing explosion.
- Bond fights several assailants in hockey uniforms on an ice rink, and he knocks several over and throws a few into others, before escaping.
- A helicopter opens fire on a boat in the beginning, killing a man and woman on board, and there's a moderate amount of blood visible on the man's corpse.
- There's a large battle scene on a waterfront on a dock and inside a warehouse. Many people shoot guns and fight, and several people die. Bond punches a man and he falls into water, and and the scene ends when a man detonates a mine and blows up the waterfront, causing a large explosion. Bond pursues the man on foot as he flees in a car, shooting at the car. He hits the man and the car stops on a cliff, and Bond kicks the car and it falls off the cliff, killing the man.
- Bond punches a man and knees and hits another one by a pool. He knocks a third man into the pool, and flees as other men fire guns at him.
- A man is eaten by a shark but nothing graphic is shown.
- A man's corpse is seen, and the man's slit throat is briefly shown, but it's not graphic.
- A man is shot in the back with an arrow by a pool, and dies.
- Bond hits a man on a motorcycle with a board, and jams it into another attacker's motorcycle wheel, throwing the man through a store window.
- A man throws a knife into another man's back, killing him, and some blood is seen.
- Men in buggies attack Bond and a woman, and Bond shoots a gun at them. The woman is hit and killed by a buggy, and another man is shot in the back. Bond is then knocked out by another man.
- One or two uses of "hell."
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Including James Bond ,there's lots of people smoking in the film.
- An official smokes a pipe in a briefing scene. Bond orders ouzo and wine at a restaurant. There are references to opium trafficking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Lots of underwater combat scenes which are very intense
- The most intense sequence is when Bond and another woman are tethered by a rope to a boat and they are dragged around by it in shark infested waters.
Sex & Nudity
- When Bond and Melina are tied together to be dragged to the corals, Melina is wearing a white buttoned shirt and black panties.
Violence & Gore
- When Bond is in a helicopter, a bald man in a motorized wheelchair uses a remote control to kill the pilot and send the helicopter on a reckless ride to eventually crash it to kill Bond. However, Bond manages to reach the pilot's seat and gain control the vehicle. Once accomplished, he catches the wheelchair bound man on one of the helicopter's platform struts and drops him down a smokestack to apparently kill him.