Raging Bull (1980)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
Sex & Nudity
- A woman removes a man's pants and underwear as well as her own undergarments and begins to kiss his body; nothing is seen and they are both otherwise fully clothed. Sex is not implied.
- A woman is seen in a thin gown in which the outline of her nipples can be seen.
- Jake is with Vickie in the bed. She begins to kiss him and then his stomach and body. Then he goes to the bathroom and put ice water in his short to cool himself while she comes after him and begins to kiss him again.
- Some kissing.
- A man is paranoid that his brother is sleeping with his wife.
Violence & Gore
- Jake LaMotta beats up his own brother, Joey LaMotta in front of his family
- Jake La Motta has numerous boxing matches; punches are thrown however there is little to moderate blood in most. However this is not always the case.
- In a boxing match, a fighter beats another against the ropes; we see heavy swelling and some blood on his face. Blood and sweat also splatter over the judges.
- In another, a boxer violently beats his opponent. It's mostly bloodless.
- A character wraps a piece of cloth around his knuckles and hits another character in the face multiple times. The man being punched asked to be.
- 148 uses of the f-word, 26 used sexually, and the c-word is also used twice in the middle and toward the end
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Many scenes take place in bars or restaurants with characters drinking and smoking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The boxing matches are hyper-stylized, and often yield bloody results.
- Rated R for pervasive strong language throughout and some violence
- The main character has violent tendencies and a self-destructive nature. Quite a few heated arguments between a man and his wife.
Violence & Gore
- A character has a fight at a restaurant, which then escalates outside when he smashes a persons head through a car door.