9 to 5 (1980)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 10 items
Sex & Nudity
- Some sexual references
- A married boss flirts with his married secretary. She repeatedly refuses his advances. Everyone in the office assumes the two are having an affair. When the secretary discovers this, she screams at the man accusing him of telling everyone she's "screwing the boss."
- The same woman is later shown fantasizing about giving him "a taste of his own medicine." In her fantasy, she flirts and comes on to him (telling him to unbutton his shirt, that he has a "nice ass" as he awkwardly refuses) before turning on him. The scene is played for humor.
- Brief, non-specific references to "S & M sex games."
Violence & Gore
- Three women fantasize about killing their boss
- One woman dreams about chasing her boss with a gun shooting at him, the end result is his head on a wall (no blood)
- Occasional use of "shit," "ass," "bastard," "bitch," "hell" and "damn" Hart says "goddamn" a few times A woman covers up all but the first letter of Hart's first name on the door to make it spell "F Hart"
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A boy talks to his mother about marijuana, later the woman is shown taking the joint out of her purse saying she and her friends should smoke it, they eventually go back to a woman's house and they are shown smoking it - they are very giddy and hungry afterward. The scene is very funny.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The "violence" is very comical. However, a humorous scene in which three women steal a body from a hospital is somewhat suspenseful - just because they're trying not to get caught.
- This film is very light in tone but also raises the issue of unwanted romantic and/or sexual advances in the workplace.