Opening Night (1977)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 10 items
Sex & Nudity
- Nudity: None
- A young woman describes her sex life - nothing graphic, only in broad terms.
Violence & Gore
- A young woman is struck and killed by a car in the first ten minutes of the film.
- A woman runs into the walls of a hotel room violently several times. Blood is around her eye where a sunglass lens falls out.
- The main character gets into a violent fight with a young woman, and the young woman's nose starts to bleed as the main character grabs ornaments from the shelf of a fireplace and smashes them on her. It's revealed to be only imaginary, though.
- 1 use of "fuck", 16 uses of "hell", 7 uses of "goddamn", 4 uses of "damn", 4 uses of "bitch", 3 uses of "God", 2 uses of "Christ", 2 uses of "bullshit", and 1 use each of "bullshit", "shit", "horseshit", "broad", and "bastard".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Drugs, recreational: Verbal reference
- The main character is an alcoholic, and she drinks and smokes several times in the film.
- She is completely drunk for the last half-hour of the film, and collapses a few times.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some of the scenes shown from the play onstage are intense, but all these scenes are fictional within the film.