The Muppet Movie (1979)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 19 items
Sex & Nudity
- Miss Piggy fantasizes about her and Kermit in love. She falls on top of him, kissing is implied, then Kermit gets back up, and she pushes him down again, brief scene. A woman at a bar asks Kermit to buy her a drink, her father says "Are you making a move on my girl".
- Gonzo flirts with Miss Piggy.
- Fozzie says "Nice Looking Girls" while watching the beauty pagent contestants.
Violence & Gore
- Plenty of slapstick, including Miss Piggy's famous martial-arts skills.
- Kermit is also chased across the country by men with guns, and one particularly menacing-looking frog assassin, and his brains are almost scrambled by electricity so that he can be controlled by the owner of a frog legs restaurant (there's lots of frog leg imagery, too, that makes Kermit sick to his stomach).
- Miss Piggy is kidnapped, and she and Kermit are tied up and held at gunpoint.
- Shots are fired at Fozzie on stage.
- One car lands on top of another.
- Kermit is twirled around a ceiling fan and falls off.
- One Muppet, known as Crazy Harry, really likes dynamite.
- A giant Animal Muppet frightens away the bad guys.
- Shots are fired at a cardboard Kermit the Frog.
- Minor Name Calling.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Characters in bars and the Hollywood agent smoke cigars.
- Kermit and Miss Piggy drink wine with straws and a woman asks Kermit to buy her a drink.
- Rowlf the Dog sings about having a couple of beers before bed.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There is the scene where the villain captures Kermit and Piggy and takes them to a mad scientist who puts him into a machine to brainwash into the villains minion. The typical child audience will be anxious at how Piggy just stands there while Kermit is in such peril. However, when the mad scientist insults Piggy, she starts to fight and rescues Kermit.
- Gonzo's song "I'm going to back there someday" is very emotional.
- Animal took an "insta grow pill" growing taller than a building, ripping through the roof of it. It can be frightening to small children.