Fast Charlie... the Moonbeam Rider (1979) Poster

Vintage motorcycle movie
lightninboy12 June 2005
David Carradine plays Fast Charlie Swattle, a motorcycle racer and kind of a con man. He tells everyone he's a World War I hero, but he's not. The race ran to California from Missouri or somewhere and was an important race for a motorcycle manufacturer to win. Fast Charlie rides a Moonbeam made by Pop Bauer in Moonbeam, Oklahoma. He gets somebody out of a jail by enticing the cop with a Model T Ford American Graffiti-style. Brenda Vaccaro plays Grace Wolf, a woman he discourages from marrying "Howard Hardware Store." Names in this movie include L.Q. Jones, R.G. Armstrong, Jesse Vint and Noble Willingham. Pretty good recreation of the early 1900s.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lot's of vintage motorcycles...Way cool old Harley's!
outlaw-2331 July 2000
David C. and Brenda V. are pretty good as they ride across the country and play lovers head games. The somewhat reluctant "Pit Crew" are really good in their supporting roles with the escaped prisoner my favorite character of all. If you like motorcycles and enjoyed "Easy Rider", you should see this movie. I'd also like to take this opportunity to recommend "Me and Will" for a night when it's just you and your favorite biker chick. Ride easy Bro's.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Were can I purchase a copy of this movie ?
cbliss@twcny.rr.com10 January 2004
I have seen this movie on television and loved it. It has come up in conversation many a times with my motorcycling brothers.Being an antique motorcycle collector I would love to own a copy pf this movie Do you know where I can buy a copy of this movie?
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
need to find a copy of the movie
fftate26314 September 2008
I have never seen the movie but it was filmed in Oklahoma and my dad rode the vintage bikes in the back ground and i would love to find a copy of the movie.this would be great if i could find a copy he was like 17 at the time and the film would bring back great memories. if you can help please e-mail me at fftate263@yahoo.com not sure why i must type in ten lines to post this but i will i don't have anything else to say so this is all filler please help me if you can i have spent a lot of time looking for it a have had no luck thank you for your time.I don't get on the computer much except to check my e-mail so if you have any information for my it would be great if you would e-mail me thanks for the help and your time if anyone has a copy i would be grateful fftate263@yahoo.com
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.