Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 25 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for peril, some mild sensuality and language|
Sex & Nudity
- A female character wears an outfit revealing a lot of cleavage, barely covering her nipples.
- Lois mentions a potential news story covering "sex and drug orgies" at a retirement home. Sex is mentioned as a topic for news stories several times afterward.
- The same character later wears a swimsuit and a dress that reveals her leg upper thigh
- Sexual tension between Lois and Superman. She asks him about his bodily functions, and starts a question with "do you..." but changes her mind and says "do you eat"
- Lois asks if Superman can see what color underwear she is wearing. He later responds "Pink"
- Miss Tessmacher pretends to be injured. The mililtary captain attempts to save her with "vigorous chest rubbing" and "mouth-to-mouth". He has his squadron stand around him to block view of him as he does this, which can be seen as suggestive
- Clark is seen nude as a child, from far away.
Violence & Gore
- A brief moment where Krypton explodes in space, killing millions of people.
- A thug holds Lois and Clark captive in an alley, he threatens them at gunpoint demanding for Lois' handbag, she drops the purse and when he goes to pick it up, she kicks him in the face with her heel. At the same instance, he fires his gun at her which the bullet is caught by Clark (He is unharmed) and the thug runs off.
- A man is run over by a train. Nothing shown, except the shredded hat he was wearing.
- A wire wraps around a helicopter which causes it to malfunction, its tail rotor destroys a small structure and the helicopter is left hanging on the edge of a tall building, nearly killing its occupants inside.
- A group of police chase down criminals in their vehicles. Two cars crash into objects and they stop at a dock, where a gunfight ensues between them. No one is injured or killed.
- A man takes a crow bar and hits Superman on the back of his head (he is unharmed) which causes strong vibrations all over the man's body.
- In an extended sequence, Lex Luthor lures Superman into a gauntlet which is filled with lethal traps. Using weapons such as machine guns, flamethrowers, and a massive ice machine. (He is unharmed and escapes all)
- Several uses of "damn", "hell" and "Oh my God". One use of "ass".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Lois starts to light a cigarette, but Superman tells her that she shouldn't, so she stops.
- Perry White and Lex Luthor both smoke cigars.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- In the opening scene, three villains are sentenced to the "Phantom Zone", and the way they are transferred to this other dimension could be intense.
- The scene where Krypton explodes may disturb some viewers.
- A young Clark Kent races a speeding passenger train and playfully crosses the track at a road crossing a split second before the train reaches it. While a young viewer likely would know that Clark would not have been harmed if the train struck him, there is still the tension that he could have caused a wreck if the train had hit his super strong body.
- Lex Luthor kills a man with a subway train. We see his reactions and hear him scream as the train hits him.
- A helicopter malfunctions and crashes on the edge of a tall building's helipad, nearly killing its occupants in an extended sequence in which the pilot and passenger are increasingly deadly peril of falling to their deaths with bystanders and emergency response personnel helplessly respond. The tension is relieved when Clark Kent steps outside, realizes the emergency above him, and runs for a suitable hiding place change into Superman. Doing so, Superman takes off to rescue Lois as she falls, neatly catching her. There is an additional potentially scary moment when the helicopter itself falls from above them, but the typical child will know that Superman can catch it easily, and he does so.
- Thousands of people are put in peril by a nuclear missile that causes a massive earthquake that threatens to destroy the entire state of California as Superman races to stop the disaster.
Violence & Gore
- A missile crash lands and explodes in the San Andreas Fault, causing a massive earthquake that creates damage across the region, these include: An abandoned gas station collapses and blows up, The Golden Gate Bridge begins to rattle and shake until traffic goes awry, (a bus crashes into a vehicle while another car from behind the bus slams into it, leaving it partially hanging off the edge of the bridge. The bus and the people inside are saved by Superman). The Hoover Dam explodes sending a huge wave of water toward a small town, again, it is stopped by Superman who sends an avalanche of rocks and boulders downhill to block the water. Lois' car stops working and she is left in her vehicle sinking into the ground where wave after wave of dirt and rocks tumble downhill inside until she suffocates to death.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Lois is trapped inside her car during an earthquake. She is suffocated by dirt and rocks. Superman then tries to save her, but it's too late and he delivers an intense, spine-chilling anguished scream before flying to reverse time. This is a fairly long scene, and may be gruesome to watch. It's also pretty emotional.