Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 26 items
Sex & Nudity
- A woman's bare back is seen from behind. In a separate scene, she is seen wearing an oversized men's shirt and panties.
- A girl's breasts are seen as she brushes her hair topless, and are seen again when she is murdered
- A man and woman have sex under sheets. Almost nothing can be seen, except afterwards the woman's breasts for a second or two.
- A woman quickly flashes her breasts to a man. There is no nudity and it is offscreen
- A woman's dead body is seen stashed in a closet. Her robe is partly open, revealing a small portion of one of her breasts, although it is not that visible because the scene is darkly lit.
Violence & Gore
- For a slasher movie, the violence is rather tame and moderate in impact. Most of the killings occur offscreen, and blood is pretty mild.
- A woman's in the closet as a guy break's the closet door the girl stabs him in the chest( no blood)
- A man's bloody corpse is shown on the side of a road. Blood is shown on his face and head.
- The Shape strangles a dog to death (we only see the dog's legs starting to limp as he is held in the air and hear whimpering).
- Michael attacks the girl once again and she locks herself in a closet as he breaks through its doors with his knife; the girl stabs him in the eye with a coat hanger, causing him to drop his knife, which she then uses to stab him in the chest (not graphic; no blood is shown).
- Uses of "damn", "hell", "goddamn", one use of "ass", and a few uses of "shit" are said.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A woman is shown smoking a cigarette.
- Two girls share a cigarette as they walk home from school.
- A girl and a boy drink beer in a car and are later shown smoking cigarettes while in bed.
- The main protagonist/final girl smokes a marijuana joint with her friend.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Michael Myers is frightening and when he kills people, it is brutal but not bloody. He stabs people many times and chokes people to death. He will be frightening to younger viewers.
- The film's atmosphere may scare some viewers and has a strong element of suspense and threat.
Sex & Nudity
- A man jokes, "I'll rip your clothes off, and you'll rip my clothes off, then we'll both rip Lindsey's clothes off."
Violence & Gore
- Laurie Strode stabs Michael in the side of the neck, through his mask, with a knitting needle.
- Laurie Strode stabs Michael in the side of the neck with a knitting needle
- A girl is stabbed repeatedly in various areas of her body with a kitchen knife (we only see the knife coming up and down and then see blood on the girl's chest as well as on the blade of the knife).
- The Shape grabs a girl from behind in a car and begins strangling her; they struggle for several seconds until the man slits the girl's throat with a kitchen knife (no blood is shown; the throat-slitting is extremely brief).
- The Shape jumps out of a closet and throws a boy against a door; the two struggle until the man impales the boy through the stomach with a kitchen knife, leaving him to dangle there (we only see him raise the knife, hear a crunch, and see the boy's feet starting to limp; the knife is then shown in the boy's stomach from the side; no blood is evident).
- The Shape strangles a girl to death with a telephone cord; she struggles and gags for several seconds until she dies.
- A girl discovers another girl's corpse with a slightly bloody slit throat lying on a bed, a boy's bloody corpse hanging in a doorway, and a third girl's corpse in a closet. The girl is then stabbed in the shoulder from behind by Michael with a kitchen knife (we later see the bloody wound) and falls over a balcony railing, landing roughly on a staircase below; the girl, now limping, locks herself in a kitchen and tries to escape through a door leading outside, which has been held shut with a rake; Michael breaks through the kitchen door with his hand and the girl breaks through the other door's glass pane, escaping (her hand is later shown with blood on it). The girl is chased across the street and throws a potted plant at a boy's window to get his attention to let her in; once inside, Michael attacks her again from behind a couch, attempting to stab her with his knife, but misses and hits the couch instead; the girl then stabs Michael in the neck with a knitting needle (we see the needle in his neck as he pulls it out and apparently dies, and then see a little blood on the tip of the needle, but the scene is dark and at night, so it may go unnoticed).
- Laurie is attacked by Michael for a final time as he attempts to strangle her; they struggle for several seconds until Dr. Loomis enters and shoots Michael six times, causing him to fall off of a balcony to his presumed death in the yard below (no blood is evident).