Pete's Dragon (1977)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 10 items
Sex & Nudity
- A small amount of innuendo: the Gogan men make comments about how, in their attempt to steal Pete back, they'd like to hold Nora.
- Nora kisses Elliot, which makes him disappear.
Violence & Gore
- A teacher unfairly uses corporal punishment on Pete.
- Multiple kidnapping attempts.
- In one song, Jim Dale and his apprentice talk about "binding and grinding" Elliott and taking his body parts for medicine.
- Scattered use of "darn" and "dang".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A scene takes place in a pub where multiple people are seen drinking and drunk, one man so visibly drunk that he slurs his words and wobbles. The pub scene continues with drunken people dancing on barrels that blowout from being agitated too much.
- 2 drunk men seek out the dragon in a cave, they offer the dragon some alcohol from a flask which he drinks and becomes intoxicated and belches fire.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The song "In These Hills" is about what Pete's family will do to him when they find him. It's filled with abusive threats, including death and murder. Frankly, this movie should be AT LEAST PG.
Sex & Nudity
- Nora kisses her fiance, Paul on the mouth.