Robin and Marian (1976)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 11 items
Sex & Nudity
- Male buttocks are visible briefly as are some shirtless men.
- Prince John is shown to be in a relationship with a fourteen year old girl. We see the girl later rapped in a blanket coming out of his tent. Her breasts are partially visible.
- Robin tells Marion that he was "with many woman during the crusade," meaning in the Biblical sense.
- Robin and Marian appear to be involved. During the movie they are shown only kissing briefly.
- Strong innuendos throughout.
Violence & Gore
- Some brutal medieval battles with blood.
- A man tries to get in position to remove a broken arrow from King Richard. We see the arrow sticking out of bare skin, with a bit of blood around it. Eventually the King removes the arrow himself.
- 5 uses of "Bloody" 5 uses of "Christ" 5 uses of "Jesus" 4 uses of "Bastard" 3 uses of "For Christ's sake" and 1 use of "For God's sake"
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some light carousing.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A man whose eye socket is empty appears as a defender during the castle siege at the movie's beginning. While this depiction would be natural for a person who has lost his eye sight, it may be disturbing to those unused to such realism.
- At end of the film, Marian poisons Robin, then takes the drink herself.