The Godfather: Part II (1974)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 29 items
Sex & Nudity
- Less sexual than the first one
- Characters visit a brothel, and prostitutes are shown in bras and underwear.
- A baby is shown nude for about 11 seconds. His genitals and buttocks are shown.
- A man's buttocks are briefly shown.
- It is implied that a woman was with a prostitute while she lays on the bed, completely covered with a blanket.
- Characters attend a show in Cuba, a man on stage is wearing a red cape with his back towards the audience, he drops his cape but the camera is on the audience and nothing is shown. The audience are shocked at the man in red cape and their discussion implies he has an incredibly large penis.
Violence & Gore
- About as violent as the first Godfather film.
- A young boy is shot. The shooting is offscreen, but he is later shown lying down with streams of blood visible.
- A woman is shot. It is shown from a distance, and so no gore is shown.
- Two men are seen lying dead in a stream with blood on their throats.
- A man is garroted.
- A prostitute is found dead in a bed. Her clothes are stained with blood.
- Two men die in a bombing, which sprays blood onto a window. Their bodies are not visible.
- A man is shot in the chest, blood spurts, and then in the cheek with blood pouring out. The corpse is then shot in the mouth. Blood splatters on the wall behind him.
- A man stabs another man in the stomach and drags the blade across the chest. A large streak of blood forms on his torso.
- A man is shot in the chest. No blood shown
- A man is shot several times with blood spurts
- A man commits suicide by slitting his wrists while in a bathtub, we see the aftermath of this with lots of blood on the floor and in the bath.
- A man is shot, offscreen, at point-blank range.
- 2 uses of Fuck, 5 abuses of the name "Jesus Christ"; 4 separate desecrations of "Jesus," and 1 of "Christ"; 7 misuses of "God," 2 of which are paired with "damn"; 1 additional use of "damn"; and 5 instances of "hell."
- For an R-rating, there isn't much language in the movie.
- Racial slurs: 2 uses of "jap" and 1 each of the n word, "guinea," "dago," and "spic."
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- People are seen casually drinking and smoking throughout the film.
- A man is seen taking pills from a prescription pill bottle.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Suggested Rating: R, TV-14 LV
- The assassinations can be intense, about as violent as in the first.
- A major character is killed offscreen; we only hear a gunshot, but it may be upsetting to some viewers.
- In the beginning, a young boy flees from armed men.
- Some may find one scene involving spousal abuse intense.