The Conversation (1974)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 11 items
Sex & Nudity
- Yes, nudity. A woman slightly darkens the room and in full camera view, removes her clothes. Her body is a darkened silhouette, but she is very visible. She climbs on the bed and the man and woman have sex under a sheet (sounds drowned out by recording played from a previous conversation). Very obvious it was pre-PG-13 rating.
- A man goes into a woman's apartment to sleep with her, but he changes his mind and leaves. (Nothing happens here)
- We see a naked woman's shadow on a wall while she's changing. No nudity and nothing is shown.
- Some kissing is shown throughout.
Violence & Gore
- A bloody aftermath of a fight is seen in a hotel room.
- A bloody hand hits a pane of glass.
- A dead body covered in blood is seen.
- A man flushes a toilet and blood comes pouring out.
- 3 total abuses of "Christ," and 1 of "Jesus" over the course of 2 conversations; each time the one swearing is rebuked for the blasphemy. "Goddamn" and other curse words are also present in the movie's dialogs.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some drinking is seen at a party.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A couple of jump moments near the end of the film, when the main character searches a hotel room.