Julie / André's cousin - Story 1
André / Julie's cousin - Story 1
Thérèse - Story 2
Lucy Broadhurst - Story 3
Elisabeth Bathory / Countess - Story 4
Istvan - Story 4
Lucrezia Borgia / Pope's daughter - Story 5
Caesar Borgia / Pope's son - Story 5
Pope Alexander VI - Story 5
Hyeronimus Savonarola / Friar
(as Thomas Hnevsa)
Silver Blonde in Close-Up girl - Story 3 (uncredited)
|Walerian Borowczyk||...||(written by)|
|André Pieyre de Mandiargues||...||(segment "La marée") (story)|
|Dominique Duvergé||...||assistant director|
|Alain Cayrade||...||production assistant|
|Bernard Grignon||...||production assistant|
|Maxine Groffsky||...||production assistant|
|Alain Herpe||...||production assistant|
|Jean-Pierre Platel||...||production assistant|
- IFC Midnight (2014) (United States) (theatrical) (Immoral Tales)
- Argos Films (1974) (France) (theatrical)
- Cinépix Film Properties (CFP) (1976) (Canada) (theatrical) (subtitled)
- Minerva Film AB (1977) (Sweden) (theatrical)
- New Line Cinema (1976) (United States) (theatrical) (subtitled)
- The Movies (1975) (Netherlands) (theatrical)
- Anchor Bay Entertainment (2000) (United States) (DVD)
- Anchor Bay Entertainment (2000) (United States) (VHS)
- Another World Entertainment (2010) (Denmark) (DVD)
- Arrow Films (2014) (United Kingdom) (Blu-ray) (DVD) (Camera Obscura Box-set)
- Atlas Video (video) (unknown) (Betamax)
- Bildstörung (2011) (Germany) (DVD)
- Divisa Home Video (2015) (Spain) (DVD)
- Filmax (1978) (Spain)
- Force Video (Australia)
- Force Video (1982) (United States) (VHS)
- Gaumont/Columbia TriStar Home Video (GCTHV) (2005) (France) (DVD)
- Ripley's Home Video (2005) (Italy) (DVD)
- Star Video (1984) (Australia) (video)
- Umbrella Entertainment (2009) (Australia) (DVD)
- Video for Pleasure (VFP) (Netherlands) (VHS)
Four erotic tales from in various historical eras. The first, 'The Tide', is set in the present day, and concerns a student and his young female cousin stranded on the beach by the tide, secluded from prying eyes. 'Therese Philosophe' is set in the nineteenth century, and concerns a girl being locked in her bedroom, where she contemplates the erotic potential of the objects contained within it. 'Erzsebet Bathory' is a portrait of the sixteenth-century countess who allegedly bathed in the blood of virgins, while 'Lucrezia Borgia' concerns an incestuous fifteenth-century orgy involving Lucrezia, her brother, and her father the Pope.
Written by Michael Brooke
|Taglines||Four Erotic Tales That Take Us Back Through The Centuries See more »|
|Parents Guide||View content advisory »|
|Also Known As||
|Trivia||The original version screened in 1974 was made up of five, not four episodes. Borowczyk removed one episode, 'The True Story of the Beast of Gevaudan', and expanded it to feature length as The Beast (1975). In 2010, a print of the original short film of 'The True Story of the Beast of Gevaudan' was discovered in a French archive. The uncut version was shown at New Horizons Film Festival in Poland on 24th of July 2013, and subsequeny included on the 2014 Arrow Blu-ray release. See more »|
|Movie Connections||Edited into The Beast (1975). See more »|
|Soundtracks||La Messe de Notre-Dame See more »|
Since last summer, I have met five boys.
André: What do you mean you "met" them?
Julie: We'd meet.
Julie: At parties. We kissed.
André: And that's all?
André: On the lips?
Julie: No, Mum was always nearby.
André: Untouched. Thanks to my aunt. But today, she is far away...
See more »