The Boy Who Cried Werewolf (1973) Poster

One-of-a-kind werewolf film
Geff29 September 2008
I am a werewolf buff, and this film is one that I consider one of the best and most underrated of them all. The werewolf is scary in appearance and in action. The make-up artist creates a really wolfie character who is truly frightening. His actions show no human feelings whatsoever; he is 100% wolf. The young boy is supremely vulnerable, and he doesn't seem to know it. I saw this film more than thirty years ago, and I still remember it, and I still would love to see it again. It has stayed with me all these years. It's like going to a yard sale, and an expert sees a rare treasure that everyone else has missed. He buys it for a dollar, yet it's priceless. That's what this film is to me, a werewolf expert. This werewolf is priceless. Find it, see it, rent it, buy it, and tell me it's not a unique film. I am looking for it now. Moviehunter.com is worth a try if I can't find it on Amazon. If you love werewolf movies, find this one.
12 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Finally I've found this movie and am not crazy!!!!
darkkodiaks27 April 2009
When I was 10 years old I saw this movie on t.v.with my older brother. It really caused me to fear and oddly love werewolf's.My brother and I spent every weekend of our youth in the woods camping with my father.My older brother (by two years) never got tired of convincing me that he saw or heard something that he swore must of been a werewolf. As the years rolled by I forgot that for me this movie started it all. When I was older I asked my brother if he remembered this movie, he said he had no idea what I was talking about. It drove me insane as I searched for it over the years never getting any closer to validation that it did exist.I can not wait to finally sit down and watch this treasure again laughing, I am sure at a movie that seemed so scary as a youth. Thank you IMDb for finally bringing me this grand closer. This movie is amazing.
15 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's My Favorite Werewolf Movie
sddavis638 June 2004
What can I say. "The Boy Who Cried Werewolf" features a largely unknown cast (which might explain why the acting in this movie is so weak) in a rather cheesy movie that doesn't really seem to know whether it wants to be a comedy or a real horror movie - and yet I have to admit that this is probably my favorite werewolf movie of all time. I stumbled upon it many years ago when I was a kid and loved it then. Now, on the rare occasions when it pops up on TV (usually very late at night) I always watch it. Most recently it was on a Canadian cable station and I stayed up until after 2 in the morning to watch it.

It really is a rather intriguing story. A boy (Scott Sealey) and his father (Kerwin Matthews) are taking a night time walk through the woods while visiting their cabin when they're suddenly attacked by a werewolf. The father fights the beast off but gets bitten, and - well, you know what happens. The kid starts seeing this werewolf all around the area of the cabin, runs to tell his dad but can never find him. He finally puts it all together and tries to tell everyone and anyone (the local sheriff, his mother) that his dad's a werewolf. They all pat him on the head and say "right, kid." In the midst of the movie there's inexplicably a hippy commune of Jesus freaks who seem to have little purpose except to provide some comic relief.

I liked this movie. It gets lousy reviews, but something about it appeals to me. To each his own, I guess. To me, this gets an 8/10!
16 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun little flick
nutty2274 July 2004
I saw this film when I was a young boy, and it did frighten me at times.Not a realistic movie by any means, you have to watch it more or less with tongue and cheek.But it still is enjoyable, and I really liked the mountain-wilderness-setting.I related to the plot in an odd way, even as a youngster, because I came from a broken home much like the lead characters in the Boy who Cried Werewolf.or the first time in ages, the film came on late-night(or early,early morning) TV a day ago.Having grown up in the 1970's, I suppose I have a soft spot for many of even the campy spoofs of that genre.

The acting is certainly nothing stellar, but the setting more than made up for it, in my mind.The TV -repairman attack scene is high camp, but some of the woodsy chase clips are quite fun.I also really liked the musical score.
15 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An Enjoyable Werewolf Film
Rainey-Dawn19 June 2014
The Boy Who Cried Werewolf is quite different than any other werewolf film I've ever seen. It's been a while since I've seen this movie and just finished watching it again just before this review. I found it to be quite entertaining in fact.

The acting and the special effects are not bad for a limited budget film. The scenery is beautiful. The story is interesting in-spite of how the plot summery reads (which makes it sound quite boring) but does sum up the flick in a nutshell. Believe it or not, the movie is action packed from the get-go to the finish line!

The "Hippie God Freaks" are quite funny! I believe they are there to show the contrast of good vs evil as well as provide some comic relief.

The movie ends somewhat differently than most people would expect - which is a pleasant surprise to the viewer.

8 out of 10
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This one scared me, but I was only a 14 year old boy.
hollywood20 April 2003
This movie had some chilling and gross scenes, some of which I will never forget. Mostly, because I was only 14 years old when I saw it. Maybe, it is because I could relate to much of it from the kids point of view. Heck, I lived with an alcoholic mother who could run circles around the werewolf when it came to tearing things apart and scaring little kids!

Universal certainly got their money's worth; milking their original property, the classic Wolfman for characters and set pieces. There is the gentle, caring man who is cursed to kill strangers and even tries to kill the one he loves. There are the gypsies turned hippies that shout warnings of impending doom. Oh, and don't forget that it takes silver to kill a werewolf.

I watched this one again 15 years later and I saw it for the B-Movie that it was, but I'll still hold a special place for it in my heart because it did what movies are supposed to do: transported me someplace else, got me interested in the characters and best of all, it TRULY SCARED me!
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Boy Who Cried Werewolf
Toronto856 June 2013
A kid tries to convince local police that a werewolf is on the prowl, but everyone thinks he's simply crying wolf in 'The Boy Who Cried Werewolf'. Basically it starts with a father (Robert) and son (Richie) going on a trip into the woods. The film wastes no time in getting right to the action, the father and son are attacked by a werewolf within the first few minutes. Robert gets bitten by the werewolf before sending him to his death. When the werewolf dies, he turns back into human so everyone assumes he was simply a mad man. However, Richie knows better. He saw that it was a werewolf attacking his father. Of course no one believes him (hence the title). Robert soon begins to turn into the monster when the full moon is out, and starts killing locals. Richie knows he's the werewolf but can't convince anyone that he's telling the truth..

I thought this was a very effective early seventies monster movie! It took some time in developing the character's in the family (Robert, Sandy and Richie), and therefore you felt for them and wanted them to succeed as a family unit. A lot of movies don't do that obviously, and therefore you don't care if they live or die most of the time. You don't really see a lot of the kills, and most of the scenes with the werewolf are in the dark. The werewolf costume/effects are basically that of a stunt man running around with a mask on, but for it's time of 1973 I think it worked well! It had the appearance of both man and wolf.

Acting was pretty good throughout. Matthews and Devry do well as the parents who are in the midst of a separation. Scott Sealey did good as the little boy, and his character had a very "Leave it to Beaver" feel to it. I really liked 'The Boy Who Cried Werewolf'. It moved at a pretty fast pace for a majority of the time, and manages to grasp my attention throughout. The ending is pretty good as well, both sad and shocking. It's not perfect, but worth a look if it pops up on TV late one night.

3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Werewolf flick with an interesting premise.
RICKW125 October 2011
OK.... I admit from the onset that this werewolf film is a guilty pleasure. I remember seeing it as a little kid ...and loving it! It is, after all, a story shot from a kid's point of view. The story is basically a simple one. A son spending time with his dad in a woodsy vacation cabin, slowly realizes that his dad has werewolf issues. Of course-NO ONE BELIEVES HIM- not even mom. There are some great scary touches in this film, such as the werewolf's "tactic" of making the truck/trailer over turn and crash, then having at the wounded victims. How about a werewolf who buries a victim's head so he can "have it later". Kerwin Mathews of"The Seventh Voyage Of Sinbad" fame is actually very good as the werewolf in question with Scott Sealey giving an earnest turn as the title character. As has been pointed out by other reviewers, there are no deafening generated effects nor gallons of blood- just a good old werewolf flick. It is interesting, funny, and scary as well. Some scenes are still quite scary. A must see for all serious werewolf affectionatos ! Ah Wooooooooo !
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
In short, I give this CLASSIC a ten out of ten. It should be a regular movie addition whenever channels air Werewolf movies during Halloween!
ddamizzi25 May 2008
I just want to say that I am a werewolf buff and I've seen every werewolf movie known to man. It all started with this particular movie, The Boy Who Cried Werewolf. I was 13 and I was scared out of my shoes! It wasn't particularly gory, it was SUSPENSEFUL. I had been waiting for years to see the sequel, for as you well know, the son was bitten by the father at the end.....

I have been searching all these years for this movie. I am upset that I haven't seen it for 35 years, but it has stayed with me.

Please, please someone tell me where and how I can see this movie again! With all the silly movies that have gone on to DVD, this TREASURE has not and I'm very sad about it :(

All I can do is read about it and all the comments here. I joined this site as a last resort to find a recording of it.

One of the users told us that he/she saw it on AMC Fear Friday, so I am going to go to the site and see if I can find out when it will be aired next, or possibly, I can BEG them to air it again!

For me, this was the greatest werewolf move of all time!!!

EDIT: Good news! It's now available on DVD.....just google the name. I should receive it any day now....I'm so excited! :)
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A good old fashioned relaxing horror movie
dwz-19 February 2005
I remember seeing this movie for the first time at a Saturday matinée around 1974-75 and I was about 7 or 8 years old. It scared the crap out of me at that time, especially the parts where young Jimmy was hiding from the werewolf. I can remember having dreams where I was in Jimmy's place and I must admit it is one of the few horror movies that I can deem memorable from my childhood. It is not as high tech as the horror movies of the 80's or by todays standards by any means, but it did allow the young boy watching this movie to imagine the possibility of such creatures at that time. Now as a much older person, whenever I see this movie from time to time, I still can enjoy the simplicity of the movie and not be overwhelmed with the blood and gore of our movies today. If you can just let yourself go and accept the simple effects of the time, I am sure you will enjoy this werewolf movie for what it is, good fun!
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So bad it becomes good again.
Jason-17714 October 1999
So bad it becomes good again. The acting in this one is horrible,the transformations are horrible,the make up is horrible.Actually everything is horrible.But it still is fun to watch, especially if you enjoy older horror flicks.Watch it when it airs on tv,it's not worth renting or even buying it.I'm not sure whether the producers of this flick were trying to mock werewolf movies or they were trying to make a serious movie.It looks more like a comedy then anything else.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Seventies werewolf
evildress15 August 2016
"The Boy Who Cried Werewolf" follows a young boy, Richie, and his father, Robert, who retreat to the family's mountain cabin after Robert's separation from Richie's mother, Sandy. The night of their arrival, Robert is attacked by a werewolf in the woods, and begins exhibiting strange behavior and attracting attention from local law enforcement and a religious hippie cult that has settled into a forest clearing.

Originally paired with "Sssssss" by Universal as a double-bill, "The Boy Who Cried Werewolf" is a kitschy and spirited offering that is a far cry from classic werewolf films like "The Wolf Man," but manages to carve a marginal albeit unique identity of its own. The plot set-up that begins briskly in the opening scene is completely arbitrary, and the rest of the film seems to follow suit. Everything from the hokey rural policemen to the comedic hippie cult is utterly random, but it is these touches that really make the film weirdly memorable.

It's wildly atmospheric and at times feels like an ABC "Movie of the Week" circa 1973, though it boasts some mild violence and a handful of great sequences featuring the werewolf (the camper attack is fantastic). It's also beautifully-shot and extremely colorful—blue waterscapes and the lush green forests in which the film is set create gorgeous contrasts with the characters in the frame.Kerwin Mathews and Elaine Devry are solid leads as the two parents, and an array of mostly unknown actors fill out the rather large cast. The film does seem to start and stop its momentum as it shifts between the character locales, but the amalgamation of them in the final act is satisfying, though the ending is unexpectedly downbeat and actually tragic.

Overall, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this film in spite of the fact that I don't tend to gravitate toward werewolf stories. In some regard, "The Boy Who Cried Werewolf" is a family drama of sorts with a mere horror backdrop, and that also makes it unique. If one can get past some dated special effects (the werewolf makeup, however, is very good) and some wobbly supporting performances, this is an enjoyable and atmospheric seventies flick that wonderfully captures the era as well as its spirit of B-horror films. 7/10.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Enjoyable werewolf effort with only a few small flaws
kannibalcorpsegrinder10 March 2016
Following a savage attack in the woods, a boy grows increasingly concerned that his father has been turned into a werewolf despite all evidence against his claims and tries to get people to believe him when a vicious killing spree points to the creature.

This one here was a pretty enjoyable if problematic effort. What really helps this one is the actual build-up throughout here that manages to come along fairly nicely whether or not he's been turned or not. The best part about the storyline here about being adopted from the popular short-story means that the suspense it builds about him makes for a fun time as his stories become more and more outlandish while giving the film a nice bit of action to make them a little more believable. The opening attack in the woods comes off rather nicely with the darkened forest setting giving this one a great location for the wrestling action that unfolds, his first transformation attack on the cars out on the highway gives this some enjoyable moments throughout, and the attacks out in the woods as he goes after the religious camp set up there which is the highlight of the film. As well, even bringing along the big house ambush where he escapes out into the woods chasing after the family and must be tracked down by the posse through the woods,which makes for a wholly fun way this one plays around with the storyline that comes into play here utilizing the short tale. Along with these fine action scenes, it's enough to give this one enough to like that it can somewhat overcome it's few minor flaws. Though it's admirable going for a more canine-ish look for the creature, there's just no way this one comes off any way other than goofy with the make-up utilized here as the shaggy puppy look is just way too comical to be taken seriously and the old-school frame-by-frame manner of showing the transformation is ludicrous for the way it has to have him freeze during the process where it looks really cheap. Likewise, the factor of introducing the goofy religious cult when it doesn't really affect the film at all doesn't make any sense as they're not attacked in any way to bump up the body-count and don't offer any way of stopping or explaining his rampage so there's barely any reason for them to be there. Otherwise this one wasn't all that bad.

Rated Unrated/PG-13: Violence and Language.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amusing Bad Movie
DrSatan6 April 2000
Another crapfest from the great Nathan Juran (also known as Nathan Hertz, as in "So bad its Hertz") the director of Attack of the 50 foot Woman and the Seventh Voyage of Sinbad. Drawn out story of a kid whose father has become a werewolf and who can't get anyone to believe him. Hilarious hippy cult leader sequence. Basically a crappy, but amusing film. If you like bad movies, wallow in this one's crapulence and you'll be glad you did.
6 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
SPOILER Really fun oddity.
doctorzaus13 July 2004
This came on AMC fear Friday at like two in the morning, but it was worth it because it's unavailable on home video. This movie was part of a series of weird Werewolf movies that all fell into my lap in one week. Among them was the equally strange and highly recommended- WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON. The movie has a great 70's T.V. feel that should automatically please dorks like me who live for that experience. The Werewolf looks really hilarious and is totally hyperactive. There is a Christian hippie cult in the movie that would definitely annoy some people, but I found them really amusing and quite lovable. The movie's pace is quick which is good, and there's tons of monster action. I really liked this movie and I think any connoisseur of Werewolf movies would feel the same way. If you get a chance to see it, take advantage.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun
mhorg201824 August 2018
This was one of the last double features I ever saw in the movies. It was released with Sssss, which is about a were-snake. Basically a kid goes with his pop for the weekend (his parents are divorced) and pop gets bitten by a werewolf. Problems ensue. While not a big budgeted movie, it does have heart and is worth seeing. It's a fun movie that one can relax during and enjoy.
The Boy Who Cried Werewolf is a pretty entertaining family-friendly horror film
tavm4 July 2018
This is yet another of these obscure werewolf movies I found out from Wikipedia before then watching it on YouTube. In concerns a boy and his father camping in the woods at night. The dad gets attacked by that certain creature and you can guess what happens from there... There's also the man's ex-wife, a sheriff, a young couple with a trailer in the park, and hippies who are also camping in the same grounds to deal with. Whatever humor abounds are due to the hippies. This seems to be a more family-friendly horror movie as whatever killings happen are done off-screen with those being mentioned only afterwards. The tone is uneven but by the last 20 minutes, it does get exciting real fast. So that makes The Boy Who Cried Werewolf worth a look on that note.
Fun, campy horror movie
clwmann15 April 2017
Review contains major spoiler. Don't read any further if you have NOT seen this movie.

I must say, this has got to be one of the worst horror movies ever made and yet it remains one of my odd-ball favorites. The acting is sub- par and the script could have been written by a grounded teenager who was banished to his room for the weekend. Surprisingly, the makeup artist did a great job with portraying the werewolf and this was the most convincing aspect of the entire movie.

So why is this one of my favorites? Because it's such a hoot. The story line seems like it will work, but the actors quickly set you straight. They say their lines like they're reading off cue cards. The props and scenery are terrible. There seems to be a werewolf loose who's killing people, but no one seems overly concerned. You almost get the feeling you're watching a Saturday Night Live skit.

Only the little boy, out of the entire town, has figured out that his own father is the werewolf. Even the mother shows no emotion as her husband is acting erratic and wild. In fact, the kid say "My dad's the werewolf" tons of times but it's like he's talking to invisible people because no one reacts. The whole production is fun and campy!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
There's No Crying During Moonlit Days!
thesar-28 October 2016
I remotely recall seeing some if not all of this a kid, but it's now like night and day. Literally.

The Boy Who Cried Werewolf was a perfect movie for a boy my age – I'm guessing I was 4-5 years old when I remember seeing or hearing about this. It's an all-but rated G monster movie – and a werewolf, my favorite kind of monster as a kid – with a super amount of scenes with the creature (something sorely lacking in 90% of all werewolf films.) And it's certainly not for adults.

There are times I laughed out loud at this. From the same clothes the wolf-man wore – and still, no one believe the movie title's statement, to the countless and continual full-moons, to the mask the actor wore that revealed a hairless neck, to the incontinuities and finally to the most distracting part: the movie that takes place mostly at night during those 15 full moons that month, it was shot entirely during the day but the camera tricks made it into "night."

Not much new in this story, just a riff off of the old Boy Who Cried Wolf fable. Man gets bitten by a werewolf in the opening scene, werewolf dies, man turns into werewolf when the moon's full, only child knows it and the town finally believes him. Or…is it too late?

It's passable. Like I said, it's a monster movie made for kids, but I'm thinking more like the kids of the 1970s and 1980s. Today, children might laugh as hard as I did at times as much as they've seen. I mean, we even having a real-life monster running for President. Hope he just goes back to being the monster of his haunted towers after November 8th.

***

Final thoughts: Day 8 Movie in the Can! I'm watching a NEW-2-ME horror movie every day of October 2016 and this one is such a distant memory of mine. It came out 1973, I was born the year after so if I did see it, it must've been on TV in the late 70s. All the flaws I stated above certainly didn't mean anything to me, if I did actually see it. I mean, I couldn't get enough of the Wolf-Man, especially the kind that turns into a man-wolf, vs. just a regular wolf. Bah! Can't stand those kinds. (The exception to my rule is Jack Nicholson's Wolf where he did turn into an actual wolf. And that's only passable because the movie itself was so damn good. I forgave he wasn't a full-man-beast.)
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"A man cannot live by carrots alone."
Hey_Sweden8 October 2016
A divorced dad named Robert (Kerwin Mathews) and his young son Richie (Scott Sealey) are having a good time at their cabin in the wilderness when Richie is attacked by a werewolf. In his efforts to fight the monster and save his son, Dad is bitten by the beast. Which, as we all know, will cause him to sprout claws and fangs the next time that there's a full moon. Naturally, nobody will believe the kids' wild story (including Dad, who retains no memories of what he does when in wolf form), assuming him to simply have an overactive imagination.

That's a decent enough premise, but the movie is just not very good. It's Hella entertaining at times, but that's only because it's so damn laughable at those times. The filmmakers don't seem to have their tongues in their cheeks or be going for a spoof approach; most things are played pretty straight. But it's too hard not to snicker, even during some of the more horror-oriented moments. The characters are at least reasonably engaging, although the hippie commune leader, played by screenwriter Bob Homel, wears out his welcome in a hurry. (All of the scenes at the commune are pretty ridiculous.) Overall, the movie is a little too silly to really work. The werewolf makeup by Tom Burman is pretty amusing, to say the least.

This was the third and final pairing of cult filmmaker Nathan Juran and fantasy star Mathews; they'd previously worked together on "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad" and "Jack the Giant Killer". It also marked Mathews' last feature length appearance in a motion picture before retiring; the only thing he did afterwards was a special appearance in a "movie within the movie" in "Nightmare in Blood". Mathews is okay, but you have to feel a little embarrassed for him. Gorgeous Elaine Devry is fine as the mother, and Sealey is appealing as the kid. The supporting cast is largely nondescript, with the exceptions of veteran character actor Robert J. Wilke as the Sheriff, and George Gaynes as the psychiatrist.

By all means, seek this one out if you're looking for a fun bad movie, but don't expect any more than that.

Six out of 10.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Is it really possible? Believe it or die!
michaelRokeefe17 September 2016
Richie Bridgestone (Scott Seale) is spending the weekend with his divorced dad Robert (Kerwin Mathews) at his mountainside home. A casual walk in the woods turns hectic when young Richie is attacked by something. Robert jumps to his son's rescue and is bitten during the ruckus by a...werewolf. The area sheriff (Robert J. Wilke) investigates and Richie describes the creature as having long streaked colored hair and a dog-like snout; kind of fluffy and friendly, but strong and vicious. Dear old dad is too confused to be sure what his attacker looked like. A prowling werewolf howling under the full moon gives a good reason to be more than cautious.

Nathan Juran directs and Ted Stovall provides some very good scene punctuation. More schlock than scare; but a fun watch. Other players: Susan Foster, Jack Lucas, Elaine Devry, George Gaynes and Loretta Temple.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not great but pretty good
makmaster7720 February 2016
I am 65 years old and have been a horror movie fan since I was a kid...in fact so was my dad God bless his soul...we use to stay up late on Saturday nights and watch the old monster movies which scared me a lot...when my Dad had to use the bathroom during commercials I would stand outside the door and wait for him to come out...anywho I watched this movie hosted by Swengoolie who I am a big fan of and I even have his tshirt which my wife hates but thats another story.sorry..anyway what I initially thought was going to be a hokey movie turned out to be quite good...there I said it and by the by this is my first ever review I think...so if you get this far down on the list I do hope that these lines may be helpful in some sort of way.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hahaha yes! This movie is hilarious
ashgameover30 October 2011
This movie is soooooooo funny, it should be billed as a comedy. It's got some really great one-liners, namely between the sheriff and the "god is love cult" (i.e. cult leader dude: "there's something out there sheriff..." sheriff: "yeah i know... God"). This movie is so tame that I let my 8 year old son watch it. It was his first "horror movie". It was one of the lamest movies and the ending was pretty lame as well. That being said, it is entertaining enough to watch more than once, unlike some other campy horror movies I have unfortunately sat through. It is a great movie to watch if you're bored. Also, if you are the type of person that enjoys watching campy horror movies to make fun of and laugh at them, then this is a perfect one to do that. Enjoy!
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A werewolf film without much bite!
The Welsh Raging Bull3 April 2002
An largely unfamiliar cast (which in itself tells a story)is assembled for an odd Universal film that stinks of a black & white thriller from the 1940's.

Particularly unremarkable and unstylish - the title is also irritatingly reflective of what goes on in the film, for the boy rarely lets up about his dad!
2 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun to watch, low grade, and will scare kids
clabkeloh20 May 2006
I remembered seeing this movie on TV when I was a kid on the Saturday afternoon Sci-fi theater. At the time It was hard to follow (hint: anyone over the age of 10 will find it stupifying) and there was one scene that really frightened me out of my wits. For years I'd forgotten this movie when recently it popped up on a late night 'creature feature' and I watched it with my 8 year old nephew. Yes, from a film-making standpoint this movie is terrible..but so terrible it's FUN to watch. And the same scene that had me cowering under the blankets as a kid also terrified my nephew! I'm talking about a mid-film scene where the young boy witnesses his father (tranformed into a a truly laughable werewolf) lurching around in the middle of a road, causing cars to veer and crash, then attacking the injured passengers in the wrecks. Even as an adult I find this one small part singularly disturbing. If you see this is coming up on late night TV definitely check it out. It's like Ed Wood on bad acid.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.