After Pardon Chato, a mestizo, kills a US marshal in self-defense, a posse pursues him, but as the white volunteers advance deep in Indian territory they become more prey than hunters, leading to internal strife.
What Chato's land doesn't kill, Chato will.
See more »
Did You Know?
By68 Losely based on Burt Lancaster's Western Lawman 1971 also directed by Michael Winner See more
Several times as the posse rides through the desert, the saguaro cacti props in the background can be seen jiggling and flapping their arms in the wind. See more
All we got here is a handful of nothing... dirt and dry mouths.
Comparison between VHS WARNER HOME VIDEO FRANCE EDITION 1986 / DVD REGION 1 MGM/UA. 1) Rape scene of Chato's wife can be found on two versions:
- Director Michael Winner had shot 2 versions of the same scene: A cut "soft" version (Region 1 DVD MGM / UA) and another violent version version that can be seen on VHS French version.
- In Warner Home video France VHS (1986 release):
- The assaulters of Chato's wife are grabbing her and they're tearing her clothes off. Then they're carrying the mooned unlucky and completely naked woman into her house. In the next scene, she's tied up to a little tree by these brutes and she is lying down completely naked.
- In DVD REGION 1 MGM / UA:
- This passage is shown on Region 1 DVD but Chato's wife keeps her clothes on during the whole scene. She is also tied up afterwards but her body is completely covered up with a large blanket.
Referenced in The Embalmer