2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
- Some shots from the "Dawn of Man" sequence were removed and a new scene was inserted where an ape pauses with the bone it is about to use as a tool. The new scene was a low-angle shot of the monolith, done in order to portray and clarify the connection between the man-ape using the tool and the monolith.
- Some shots of Frank Poole jogging in the centrifuge were removed.
- An entire sequence of several shots in which Dave Bowman searches for the replacement antenna part in storage was removed.
- A scene where HAL severs radio communication between the "Discovery" and Poole's pod before killing him was removed. This scene explains a line that stayed in the film in which Bowman addresses HAL on the subject.
- Some shots of Poole's space walk before he is killed were removed.