- 3 nominations.
- See more »
|Rest of cast listed alphabetically:|
Mrs. Delgado (uncredited)
|Merrill C. Isbell||...||
|Irving Ravetch||...||(screenplay) and|
|Harriet Frank Jr.||...||(screenplay)|
|James Wong Howe||...||director of photography|
|Jack Martin Smith|
|Robert Emmet Smith||...||(as Robert E. Smith)|
|Raphael Bretton||...||(set decorations)|
|Walter M. Scott||...||(set decorations)|
|Donfeld||...||(costumes designed by)|
|Margaret Donovan||...||hair styles|
|Ben Nye||...||makeup artist|
|Lynn F. Reynolds||...||makeup artist (uncredited)|
|Harry Caplan||...||unit production manager (as Harry A. Caplan)|
|William McGarry||...||assistant director|
|Al Murphy||...||second assistant director (uncredited)|
|Christopher Seitz||...||second assistant director (uncredited)|
|John R. Carter||...||sound|
|Terry Leonard||...||stunts (uncredited)|
|Danny Sands||...||stunts (uncredited)|
|Jerry Vance||...||stunts (uncredited)|
|George P. Wilbur||...||stunts (uncredited)|
|James Mitchell||...||still photographer (uncredited)|
|Paul Beaver||...||musician: keyboards (uncredited)|
|Alexander Gerens||...||music copyist (uncredited)|
|Artie Kane||...||musician: piano (uncredited)|
|Shelly Manne||...||musician: drums (uncredited)|
|Emil Richards||...||musician: drums (uncredited)|
|Howard Roberts||...||musician: guitar (uncredited)|
|Urban Thielmann||...||musician: piano (uncredited)|
|Meta Rebner||...||script supervisor|
|Tim Burstall||...||attachment (uncredited)|
- Hombre Productions (produced by)
- Twentieth Century Fox (1967) (United States) (theatrical) (as Twentieth Century - Fox Film Corporation.) (released by)
- Twentieth Century Fox Film Company (1967) (United Kingdom) (theatrical)
- Centfox (1967) (Germany) (theatrical)
- Fox Films (1968) (Argentina) (theatrical)
- American Broadcasting Company (ABC) (1970) (United States) (tv) (original airing) (pan/scan version)
- 20th Century Fox (1967) (France) (theatrical)
- 20th Century Fox (1967) (Japan) (theatrical)
- 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment (2003) (Canada) (DVD)
- 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment (2002) (Germany) (DVD)
- 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment (2019) (Germany) (Blu-ray)
- 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment (2002) (United States) (DVD)
- CBS/Fox (United States) (VHS)
- CBS/Fox (United States) (laserdisc)
- Cielo (2016) (Italy) (tv)
- Twilight Time (2015) (United States) (Blu-ray) (video)
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) (this picture made under the jurisdiction of: affiliated with A.F.L.-C.I.O.)
- The Anaconda Company (the Helvetia Mine owned by)
John 'Hombre' Russell is a white man raised by the Apaches on an Indian reservation and later by a white man in town. As an adult he prefers to live on the reservation. He is informed that he has inherited a lodging-house in the town. He goes to the town and decides to trade the place for a herd. He has to go to another city. The only stagecoach is one being hired for a special trip paid by Faver and his wife Audra. As there are several seats others join the stagecoach making seven very different passengers in all. During the journey they are robbed. With the leadership of John Russell they escape with little water and the money that the bandits want. They are pursued by the bandits. As they try to evade the bandits they reveal their true nature in a life threatening situation. Written by Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Bill G. Walsall England
|Taglines||Hombre means MAN... Paul Newman is HOMBRE! See more »|
|Parents Guide||View content advisory »|
|Also Known As||
|Trivia||The photo in the closing credits of the film was taken in 1886 by Camillus Fly, the famous Tombstone (AZ) photographer. The white boy in the photo is Jimmy (Santiago) McKinn, captured by the Apaches in 1885. Like the Paul Newman character in the film, McKinn was totally assimilated in the tribe and was rescued against his will when Geronimo surrendered in 1886. See more »|
|Goofs||When John Russell is coming to Delgado to see Mendez, in the background are 3 or 4 farm vehicles working in the distance. The sun can be seen gleaming from one of them as it moves through a dust cloud it is making. See more »|
|Movie Connections||Referenced in Episode #22.69 (2005). See more »|
Mister, you've got alot of hard bark on you walkin' down here like this. Now, I owe you. You put two holes in me.
John Russell: Usually enough for most of 'em.
Grimes: Don't try it again, that Vaquero is more than a fair hand.
Grimes: You got the money?
John Russell: Guess I brought my dirty laundry down by mistake.
Grimes: Let me see it.
John Russell: Look for yourself.
Grimes: [opens bag, pulls out a handful of clothes] Well now, what'ya suppose hell's gonna look like?
John Russell: We all die, just a question of when.
See more »