A Man for All Seasons (1966)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 10 items
Sex & Nudity
- None. Though Vanessa Redgrave's performance might be seen as slightly suggestive or indecent, there is no nudity or sex in this film.
- The plot turns on attempting to end an arguably incestuous marriage.
Violence & Gore
- There is a beheading, but it is not inside the frame.
- There are two profane exclamations.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- No drugs.
- Richard Rich (John Hurt) drinks at one point to steady his nerves.
- There is drinking at Henry VIII's wedding.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The beheading is not shown onscreen. Nothing in this film is actually frightening.
- The dialogue at the trial is in itself intense, but delivered in a very restrained manner (except for Leo McKern's performance as Thomas Cromwell).
- Henry VIII (Robert Shaw) is subject to sudden fits of rage when contradicted.