Batman: The Movie (1966)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
Sex & Nudity
- Rated PG for violence throughout
- Some flirting.
- Bruce Wayne and Miss Kitka kiss a few times.
Violence & Gore
- There's a fight in a hotel room between Bruce Wayne and several villains, but he's knocked out and kidnapped.
- There's a fight in the villains' lair between Bruce Wayne and the villains, and he manages to escape.
- There's a brief fight in the Batcave as Batman and Robin take on several men, and they stand on the Batmobile and kick them.
- An exploding shark made by the villains bites Batman's leg and hangs onto it as he hangs from a helicopter's ladder in the beginning, and he kicks the shark off after using shark repellant, and it falls and explodes on the water.
- Several men are reduced to piles of dust by a ray gun. They are reversed back to normal eventually.
- Batman rushes to get rid of a bomb and eventually throws it over the side of a dock and it explodes.
- There's a large fight on a boat in the end, with lots of non-brutal punching and kicking, and many people fall into the water.
- No profanity in this movie.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- The Penguin smokes cigarettes throughout the movie. Alcohol is shown briefly during scenes in the tavern that serves as the villains' hideout. A man and a woman drink some wine while having dinner.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Six of the villains' henchmen are killed: five simply disappear during a fight scene, while another is thrown through an open window out into the sea where he collides with an "exploding octopus." There are two scenes where men are turned into piles of colored dust when the villains use a "dehydrating machine" on them.