The Parent Trap (1961)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 12 items
Sex & Nudity
- A man looks a woman (whose back is to him) up and down.
- A woman makes reference to her ex-husband's new (and much younger) fiancee's "electric hips". She makes a few other suggestive comments as well, but they're relatively discreet and will go right over most kids' heads.
- When Maggie points out how young Vicky is, Vicky replies with "Isn't that lucky for Mitch!" in a rather suggestive manner.
- A teen and her soon-to-be stepmother discuss the "wonderful, delicate mystery that happens sometimes between a man and a woman". The teen then snarkily remarks that she can't blame her father for being so taken with her soon-to-be stepmother, because she is "very well put together".
- A man looks at a bra in his bathroom. He then starts to ask his teen daughter (who is nowhere near big enough to fill out a bra that size) about it only to think better of it.
Violence & Gore
- Slapstick situations.
- A woman punches (the filming makes this look more like a jab) a man in the eye (he ends up with a black eye but is okay otherwise). A woman pushes a man (he isn't hurt).
- A girl slaps another girl across the face, both girls then have a fight. Tables full of food are knocked over, and a man has a bowl of punch splatter all over his face. A woman has a chocolate cake fall onto her face. She screams and yells at the two girls who caused it.
- Near the end of the film a woman slaps one of the girls on the face.
- Some uses of goodness, gosh, and gee as euphemisms.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- One humorous joke with respect to drinking. A picture is shown of a man holding a lit cigarette. Not much otherwise.
Frightening & Intense Scenes