The Searchers (1956)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
Sex & Nudity
- No Sex (only implied). No Nudity.
- A Few kisses
- While nothing is shown whatsoever, there are several implications/references towards being raped by the Indians.
- The main antagonist takes several white women as his "wives" against their will, and says so explicitly.
- It is heavily implied that Martha was raped before being killed, we see a sickened, horrified look on Ethan's face as he sees her corpse (offscreen), and when a sobbing Martin attempts to see the corpse as well, Ethan roars not to let him, punching him until he stops trying.
- The side of a man's butt is visible.
- A young woman is implied to have been raped off screen.
Violence & Gore
- The usual for a classic Western. Men are shot and some men are hit by arrows. Very little, if any, blood. One man rides off to fight Indians and is consequentially killed. All we hear is gunshots. It is implied that one man scalps another, as we see him with a knife and preparing to kneel over the dead man.
- A family , two adults and a teen male, are slaughtered off camera.
- A young woman is murdered, and probably raped, off camera.
- Maybe a hell or two. 1 use of a damn and an incomplete " Son of a-"
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A few scenes of both smoking and drinking. Nothing too disturbing.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The scenes both before and after the slaughter of the Edwards family are extremely intense and disturbing, although their deaths are not shown on screen.
- A child is kidnapped and her uncle and adopted brother spend 5 years searching for her. This may prove suspenseful for some.