Lady and the Tramp (1955) Poster

Simple and often lovely
moonspinner552 June 2002
Fairy tale about the romance between two dogs from opposite sides of the tracks gets colorful, warm, old-fashioned Disney treatment. Cinemascope cartoon unfolds with valentine-like flair, all the ribbons and bows are in place, yet the requisite cutesy flourishes and manipulation inevitably turn up (one dog, thought to have been killed, shows up LIMPING in the next scene!). Yet, it's hard to complain when the rest of the pieces fall into place so snugly. The plot is, by turns, comfortably predictable and still pleasingly reassuring, though a bit heavy with incidental chatter. The Peggy Lee music is delightful, and the "Bella Notte" sequence alone, with the spaghetti, breadsticks and the drippy candle, is simply superb. *** from ****
40 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the Greats
neophoenix19 March 2001
I grew up watching this movie. I consider it a wonderful movie for both children and adults to watch. While many of today's animated Disney movies are aimed at kids, this movie is from a time where adults were primarily the target audience. This movie lacks the 'kiddie' humor and tells a wonderful tale of genuine emotion and compassion. The love story between two non-human characters removes most bias that we automatically impose upon human characters. I feel that few movies will ever match this one in quality.
63 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Life and Loves of our Best Friends
RobertCartland22 January 2000
There is nothing as wonderful as the wag of a dog's tale. The writers, actors and animators, together with Disney magic, capture the unique and limitless variety of personalities that exist in the canine world. This film takes these wonderful canine characters and shows the world from their perspective. The adorable footage of Lady as a puppy reminds me of the behavior of my own hounds when they were pups. The beautiful "Park Avenue" Lady grows up and falls for the happy-go-lucky, vagabond, Tramp. Add a dog-hating aunt, a baby, some cats, some rats and the adventure is complete. The songs sung from the dog pound together with those sung by the wicked Siamese cats are the most purely fun of any Disney animation. The song sung at the lover's romantic Italian dinner brings a tear to the eye. Finally, Lady and the Tramp share a spaghetti noodle that leads to one of the most memorable kisses in Hollywood history. This is a wonderful film that will be enjoyed for generations.
30 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A CLASSIC
grahamsj314 December 2003
If this film isn't a classic, I don't know what is! This is a great story about two dogs who fall in love, although they're from different sides of the railroad tracks, so to speak. These dogs act more human than many humans do. It's heartwarming, humorous and just plain clean family entertainment! This is a film that has stood the test of time and passed with flying colors. This is one to BUY and keep! So what are you waiting for? Go buy it!
50 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Charm, humor, songs, great animation...what more do you need?
Doylenf26 April 2001
One of the few Disney cartoons at this period not based on a famous piece of literature--so at least no one can complain that it doesn't do justice to the original! It's an unpretentious little gem, told from the viewpoint of the animals and against interesting backgrounds with superb animation and vocal work. Cat lovers may find it painful to watch how sinister the two Siamese cats are depicted--but not if they have a sense of humor. Actually, the 'Siamese Cat Song' is one of the highlights of Peggy Lee's novelty numbers. 'Bella Notte' and other simple melodies are integrated nicely into the plot with satisfying results. This was the first Disney cartoon made in Cinemascope so the artists had to fill a broader landscape for the camera to photograph. And yet, the transfer to video on VHS format is extremely well handled--you don't feel you're missing anything. I believe the film is also available in letterbox but I find the VHS print I own to be more than satisfactory. Delightful Disney classic for young and old alike.
23 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Outstanding Love Story.
tfrizzell3 July 2002
Yet another winner from Disney about an upper-class dog who falls for a mutt from the streets. The timeless love story works just as well on a feature-length cartoon as it does with live-action fare. The animation is first-rate, the characters are fun and the songs will stick with you long after the movie is seen. Great entertainment for all ages. 4.5 out of 5 stars.
20 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cute/Romantic Canine Film
rebeljenn23 October 2005
Lady and the Tramp, one of my favourite childhood movies, goes down as a classic animation and one that I am sure is enjoyed by children today. Who doesn't like watching cute animals with large, kind eyes? Lady and the Tramp is about love and sacrifice, bringing together a posh female dog with a homeless stray, who is sexy in his own right. Also included are the memorable Siamese trouble-making cats (Peggy Lee) and the wonderful candle-lit scene where are lovable heros enjoy spaghetti. This film should be enjoyed and treasured for years to come. It's gone down in Disney and film history. Although made for children, there isn't any reason why adults cannot enjoy this film.
23 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A fab soundtrack
maureen-6617 October 2005
Peggy Lee was a national treasure. What an amazing thing that she wrote most of the music for this movie, but only in old age did she receive credit. I agree that issues of class seem merely consistent with the era, but consider that the flavor of the day was vanilla. So in those days going out for Italian was a walk on the wild side (unless you grew up in Brooklyn)! Then an upper-crust girl marries a boy of mixed race origins?! And it's clear from the dog pound scene that Peg "got around" (just look at her hair!), nevertheless, she was valued and respected among the dogs. Yes, the film is hokey. But rats are evil. And the soundtrack is outstanding.
18 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Two dogs in love
dee.reid28 February 2006
But it's a lot more than that. For 56 years now, "Lady and the Tramp" has won a devoted following based on a love story that could have worked out just as well with live-action and a romance, but here we have it with two dogs - a pampered cocker spaniel and a street-wise mutt. "Lady and the Tramp" contains the kind of innocence and love story that is unfamiliar with our times today, and it is good to see a masterwork from a bygone era.

I was only a kid when I first saw "Lady and the Tramp" but I still remember that famous kiss scene, you know the one where the two leads are having a beautifully romantic spaghetti dinner and they take hold of a single string of pasta and consume it, unknowingly bringing their faces together in an unwitting kiss. It's remained with me up until now.

I'm a sucker for love stories and "Lady and the Tramp" works, despite its animal characters and Walt Disney family-friendly touch. Lady is the cocker spaniel, who is a gift to a woman from her husband. Lady adores her surroundings and receives the requited love of her owners and a nice home. Six months later, that love hasn't diminished and she is a newly licensed pet. But it's misplaced when she learns that her owners are expecting a child, and suddenly Lady has been unwittingly pushed aside to make room for a new bundle of joy.

From the wrong side of the tracks, it's the street-wise Tramp, a known lady-killer who wins Lady's heart after saving her from other common street dogs. They really hit it off, climaxing with the aforementioned romantic dinner and a wonderful animated shot of the moon from a lover's point. Along for the ride are Trusty, a hound dog with a busted sniffer; Jock, a Scottish terrier; and Si and Am, the two sneaky Siamese cats belonging to the husband's snooty aunt.

Directed by Clyde Geronimi and Wilfred Jackson and featuring the voices of Peggy Lee, Barbara Luddy and Larry Roberts, the newly restored DVD version with the Platinum Series is the one to get and cherish. I got mine at a Best Buy store today to take advantage of this limited release, and to win a free Tramp plush toy.

I would guess that time has been good to "Lady and the Tramp," if a love story of this pedigree is truly worth the praise due to it. I would recommend this Disney classic to any possible female romantic interest as part of our date... if I could land one.

11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An all-time classic favorite!
jazzontherocks16 May 2003
"Lady and the Tramp" is indeed one of my all-time favorite Disney movies. I just love every single bit of it! The story, the characters, the music, the stunning animation style...everything is amazingly done!

This is exactly what today's Disney flicks have been lacking- they don't recapture the spirit and magic of the original Disney masterpieces like this movie and the other Disney classics such as "Bambi", "The Aristocats", and "The Fox and the Hound", except for contemporaries like "The Lion King", "Toy Story", "Tarzan", "Beauty and the Beast", and "Mulan", which are still well-set up.

Okay, back to "Lady and the Tramp". This movie deserves ten out of ten stars, and those of you who haven't seen it yet have gotta watch it. It's not presented only for the youngsters, but also for those who are young at heart. If you really enjoy it as much as I do, don't miss the astounding follow-up to the original in the delightful "Scamp's Adventure"!
31 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just DOGgone Fun
zkonedog8 March 2017
In recent years, Disney flicks like Toy Story, Finding Nemo, and Cars (to name a few) have set the gold standard for kiddie fare: silly fun, drama/humor combo, and enough of a "hook" to keep the parents from "zzzzzzzzzz's". Films like "Lady and the Tramp" were the building blocks of that legacy.

For a basic plot summary, this film sees a female dog "Lady" getting separated from her owners and ending up with a male dog "Tramp" for a series of adventures both humorous and dramatic.

At its core, "Lady and the Tramp" is a simple "opposites attract" love story: Lady is confused by changes in her luxurious home and wonders what a more carefree life would be like. Tramp is a carefree spirit at heart but also yearns for someone to share his adventures with. Throw in some humor, great music, a touch of drama, and a simple, heartfelt plot, and this film really stands out among some of its contemporary Disney fare.

In short, show this movie to a child in your life and watch them light up. Along the way, recollect the nostalgia of your own first (or multiple) viewings. A great time to be had by all.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good movie.
FZAN17 July 2000
I just wanted to comment on something said in an earlier post here. One user brought up that he or she felt the movie was too "middle-class". I disagree. First, the movie is about dogs, not humans, that's why you don't see a bunch of humans in the backgrounds. Second, just because a neighborhood is middle class doesn't mean it's boring. How can you call any neighborhood with characters like Jock and Trusty boring? The reason why you see such a middle class neighborhood is so that it can be contrasted to Tramps poorer neighborhood.

Speaking of the Tramp, I think the movie goes well beyond depicting Tramp as poor. He sleeps in alleyways and has to beg for food. How poorer can you get? I certainly think the culture shock angle works just fine. The reason why Tramp may seem to have it "easy" and not really be poor is becuase he dosen't allow his poorness to control his life. You don't have to be rich to enjoy life, and in fact, having less can often enrich your life. Tramp has been able to live a less restricted life than Lady and it shows. He's allowed to be more carefree and enjoy the small things in life. I don't see how anyone can say the movies world is one where no one is poor. It's a world where just because guys like Tramp are poor, doesn't mean they have to be miserable.

As for the film being to glossy, I don't understand that. It's supposed to look glossy, it's an animated feature. Would you rather it looked ugly and scratched up? And where does the movie infer that real tramps are herded off the street and everything is clean? That's not true, there certainly is plenty of grime and squalor in the movie too. And if it was true, Tramp wouldn't have been in the movie. Besides, it's supposed to be a cute and fun movie about dogs, not a Charles Dickinesian expose on poverty.

That being said, at it's heart it's simply a well animated and charming movie. Just enjoy it for what it is.
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
She's from the leash and license set... he's footloose and collar free!
Lady_Targaryen22 January 2006
''Lady and the Tramp'' is one of the most adorable movies from Disney, and until I read in IMDb, I would never guess that it is from 1955! I always imagined it to be from the 70's, I don't know exactly why. Lady is a cute golden cocker spaniel that was a present from '' Dear''(the husband) to '' Darling'(the wife) at Christima's. She was threaded very well since she was a puppy and is an adorable dog that loves to spend her time with her owners. Two of her best friends and neighbors are Jock and Trusty. One day, Tramp, a god without a breed and without a license goes to the wrong side of the town (the rich side) and ends up meeting Lady. She stays scared with his lifestyle, but at the same time she could not avoid fallen in love with the experienced dog. They fall in love at the same time that Lady is having problems at her home ( Darling is pregnant, so, nobody in the home really cares about her as before). But her love with Tramp will have bad consequences, being the first one being caught by the Dog Catcher and knowing more things about Tramp that she actually would like...
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Disney classic that will wake up your inner adult ...
ElMaruecan8217 June 2013
"Lady and the Tramp" opens with the following quotation: "In the whole history of the world there is but one thing that money can not buy… to wit" And no, for once it's not about love we're talking, the 'one thing' that is so priceless, is simply 'the wag of a dog's tail'. And if you happen to disagree with that statement, watching "Lady and the Tramp" is the most likely experience to prove you wrong, for there is probably nothing more sincere than the secular relationship between man and his best friend: dog.

But "Lady and the Tramp" is definitely not a human-centered movie; it mostly focuses on the relationships within the dog's world, starting with the iconic romance between Lady, the sweet and timid Cocker spaniel and the Tramp, the free-spirited and happy-go-lucky stray mutt. What's so fascinating in "Lady and the Tramp" is that it transplants all the characteristics of the human world, such as class barriers, love, intolerance or ethnic differences, into the animal world. Still, the only reason we don't end up believing that animals behave like humans is because humans remain present nonetheless, and dogs are either depicted as helpers or victims of humans.

The story opens with Lady, a cute little puppy offered as a Christmas gift to 'Darling' by her husband Jim 'Dear'. The owners' names, besides the fact that their faces are rarely shown, accentuate the impression that we're watching the film from the dogs' perspectives, and in Lady's case, she's such a significant part of the family that she refers to her Masters by using their endearments. The film starts by showing Lady acting like a real dog through the irresistible silent sequence where she tries to get herself in her masters' bed, pushing the door, howling in despair, before finally triumphing over the stairs, and getting in the bed for just 'one' night, which the subsequent ellipse cleverly contradicts.

Lady is then 1-year old, she got a new expensive collar she proudly shows to her two neighbors and friends, Jock, a Scottish terrier with a fitting accent, and Trusty, an old bloodhound, who lost his sense of smell. Rather than obligatory supporting characters, Jock and Trusty are treated with depth and substance, behaving with a honorable protective instinct toward their young neighbor. Meanwhile, we also meet the Tramp, who starts behaving like a dog, begging for scraps from his old friend the restaurant owner Tony and then releasing two friends from the dog pound's truck. "Lady and the Tramp" is the cohabitation between two universes, dogs from human perspective and vice versa.

This device leads to the fundamental basis that would drive the whole film's narrative: misunderstanding. Lady fears she's coldly treated by her owners because she did something wrong, she's finally comforted by Jock and Trusty who understand that the owners are simply waiting for a baby. Tramp makes his entrance, preparing Lady for the worse: "when the baby moves in, the dog moves out" but after a fantastic pregnancy-montage, Lady finally grows fond of the baby and understands she still has a place in the family. Sadly, the second misunderstanding causes the annoying Aunt Sarah to believe that Lady, who just clashed with her trouble-making Siamese cats, is a threat for the baby, and buy her a muzzle.

It's a sad thing that only a human with a capability to love dogs can understand the meaning of a dog's bark. But it's much worse for Tramp who's treated like a dangerous animal, while only a dog's perspective can show his true nature, gentle and sensitive. Ironically, when at the end, Trusty and Jock understood that Tramp never meant harm; Jock says "we mistreated him", as if they were so alienated by their human upbringing they became as flawed and prejudiced as men. Then the two dogs, draining their force and courage from their ancestral instincts, decides to save one of their own, for one of the film's most dramatic moments, characterized by Trusty's poignant howl.

And Jock and Trusty's realization are ours, too. The dog pound is probably one of the most upsetting and disturbing scenes ever, featuring little puppies, howling and weeping dogs behind fences, this sequence alone shows the true measure of human cruelty, in contrast with dog's most defining quality: fidelity and capability for love. And this love, whether for human, babies or dogs, originates one of the most romantic, if not the most, love story in Disney's or Cinema's history, reaching a paroxysm during the iconic Spaghetti-scene. This scene is probably one of Disney's greatest moments and magnificently sums up the film's, not that dogs can behave like humans, but that they can reveal the best of our own humanity.

"Lady and the Tramp" is one of the most endearing Disney classics, hitting a sensitive in any human heart, a film that would inspire to any child the urge to have a dog, and to share with him this genuine complicity. And after watching the film again, after 20 years, I realize how particularly adult and mature it is. It doesn't have a memorable villain, although the rat is pretty terrifying, it doesn't have much of a plot, but rather deals with very sensitive matters such as pregnancy, parenthood, and even some subtle issues you wouldn't find in other Disney movies. And I guess it's mostly due to the fact that the film was based on an original screenplay, deprived from any fairy-tale material, that allowed the writers to make a film, appealing for children, but quite thought-provoking for an adult audience.

The film is dedicated to all dogs, "be they Ladies or Tramps" and in a way, it's an encouragement for us, humans, to realize that humanity doesn't only apply for our relationships and communication with humans, and maybe the wag of dog's tail is the closest expression of 'humanity' a dog would ever show.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The ultimate spaghetti dinner movie
Smells_Like_Cheese24 November 2004
God, who doesn't remember the romantic scene of the Lady and the Tramp? Ah, spaghetti has never been as sexy. OK, OK, I know that this is Disney. This is one of my favorites. It's a great one. As far as Disney movies go, I would recommend this. Disney lovers have to watch this. It's very naturally addicting. And the music is so wonderful to listen too, and the characters are so lovable. This is one of the best Disney movies by far. I miss movies like this. Just see this movie. It's just too good to miss. This is for the kids and the adults. I would recommend it for a family night for sure.

11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wesome, one of my favourite Disney films MUCH BETTER THAN THE REMAKE
whitey199991 January 2020
Wesome, one of my favourite Disney films MUCH BETTER THAN THE POLITICALLY CORRECT REMAKE.

Love the Siamese cats
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bella. One Of Cinema's Best Told Love Stories.
johnstonjames14 January 2011
i personally feel Disney's 'Lady and the Tramp' is one of cinema's very best and most memorable love stories. and i'm not alone in that opinion. not only were the online reviews almost 99% positive and enthusiastic, but the film has been voted in numerous polls as having the best screen kiss/favorite romantic screen scene. how often do we see the iconic image of lady and tramp eating the spaghetti dinner at Tony's? it's pretty much the standard image represented in most articles or pieces concerning film and romance.

'Lady and the Tramp' is also one of the best told of cinema's love stories and one of classic Disney's best scripted animated features. there is so much in this story that is so memorable and clever and filled with humor that it seems to lack for anything. it also tells a story that has as much depth to it as romantic sentiment.

it also has a almost startlingly realistic observation of animals and humans and their interactions with each other. yes, the dogs talk and sing, but so much of their behavior is also very well observed canine nuances. anyone who's ever had a dog will tell you how convincing the animals are in this. i personally had a Cocker myself so i can tell you from experience how real and convincing Lady seems.

you can mess up and botch dog illustrations. anyone that's seen the cute, well intentioned but routinely envisioned 'All Doggies Go to Heaven', knows this. no one can pretend that 'All Dogs' even attempted realism.

but it isn't just simply a matter of illustration or graphics that make the animals real. it's often the situations and the way they are done that conveys realism so well. the Siamese kits may look a little cartoony and exaggerated, but anyone who has ever owned a cat can tell you that they act like that. especially when small birds and fish are involved in the scenario. and the relationship between dogs and humans are told through an interesting sense of perspective. you rarely see the human's faces up close but instead constantly view them from the dog's eye level. the birth of Darling's baby resonates great beauty and a sense of the human soul. and anyone that knows young married couples, they often start off with small dogs and work their way up to babies. all of this feels so real and so very human.

as far as a work of animation, this is probably Disney's most polished and flawlessly perfect of all his classics. even in some of Disney's finest classics there can sometimes be flaws or "rough spots" in the animation and illustration. not with 'Lady and the Tramp'. it is probably Disney's most flawlessly executed hand animated feature. not to mention a perfect blend of all elements including story and songs. Peggy Lee's songs are just about Disney's best.

a masterpiece of hand animation, romantic sentiment and of character development, the original 50's Disney classic deserves every bit of love, praise and attention it's been given over the decades.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My favourite Disney film.Cute,funny and full of enjoyable songs.
jack-smales10 October 2003
On my list of favourite Disney films,Lady and Tramp is at the very top.I just love it.The songs are some of the most enjoyable Disney has ever composed.The film is cute but not in a soppy,drippy way,like say Bambi.Bambi is a classic,but it is too sentimental.

I love the song Bella Note.

We used to have the video but then chucked it out.After a while,I felt that I had to see it again.So I looked in the library.Would you believe it,they seemed to have every Disney film you could think of except this one,I mean why????????

I had to request it from another library and then wait a week for it to arrive(sigh)But it was well worth the wait and I loved seeing it again.

Barbra Luddy and Verna Felton who voice characters in this film also voice many other Disney characters.They were both in Sleeping Beauty as well.Sadly they are both dead.

Out of 5 stars.Lady and the Tramp deserves 5.It will always be a classic and one everybody will love.Shame about the sequel.
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Dog's Tale
Vimacone22 July 2017
Many Disney features are adaptations of previously existing stories. Lady and the Tramp was the first Disney feature to be based on an original story. Like Peter Pan and Alice In Wonderland, this was one of the projects shelved and then resumed due to WWII. Like many of the best Disney and MGM shorts featuring house pets made years prior, this is told and animated from the dog's perspective. The audience only sees a few glimpses of the human characters, and we're unsure of their actual names. The main heroine Lady and the hero Tramp are an unlikely match as they come from opposite backgrounds, but circumstances bring them together for a romantic adventure. I like how the dog's characters (and in some cases dialects) are defined by their breeds (i.e. Jock the Scottish terrier having a Scottish accent and feisty personality). Surprisingly, this film has still maintained its status as a beloved classic despite ethnic stereotypes of Asians, Italians, Irish, etc. These kind of elements, Disney and other media have otherwise tried to censor. I wonder how the features in the Disney animated canon with controversial sequences have largely remained available and well publicized. I like how the setting is at the turn of the last century, likely within the collective memory at the time of release. The film doesn't specifically state when, but I would say early 1910's, as there mostly horse carriages, but a few cars. As far as post-war features, this is generally considered to be one of the best. The spaghetti scene is one of the most iconic scenes in cinema. There are three nicely executed climatic scenes, two of them back to back at the end of the film. I still have fond recollections of when I first saw it some 25 years ago as a small child.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Among the sweetest Disney love stories
MissSimonetta15 May 2014
Though Disney gets flack for "unrealistically" portraying romance with their use of the love-at-first-sight trope (because psychological realism is a thing in fairy tales, right?), I would say they made two genuinely romantic films in their animated canon: Beauty and the Beast (1991) and Lady and the Tramp (1955). These films feature protagonists who fall in love over an extended period and whose opposing personality traits create an interesting "yin and yang" sort of chemistry.

Lady and the Tramp (1955) is one of Disney's finest movies of the 1950s. The art is not as openly artsy as the films of the Golden Age (1937-1942) were, but the less art-conscious style fits the nostalgic view of turn-of-the-century America which the film is set in. The music is charming and the characters are all memorable. (Unfortunately, the Siamese cats belonging to Aunt Sara are memorable due to how offensive they are; those two are one of only a few aspects which mar the film.) Overall, this is a sweet, simple love story. It's not thought-provoking, but it is great entertainment.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of Disney's Finest
matthewssilverhammer26 July 2019
Every time I watch a Silver Era film, they grow in my estimation. Disney's animation never got better than these years; so pristine, detailed & downright beautiful. You sense every bit of artistry & care within each pencil line. What makes Lady & the Tramp so astounding is its cozy simplicity. No big action scene, no fantastical worlds, just darling characters & pure romantic sweetness that never misses a beat. And the spaghetti scene is still perfect; the animators somehow make their eyes tell the entire story.
Best Disney Kiss Scene
fluttershy-5831312 July 2019
I may be going a bit over the top rating this 10/10, but what I see in this film are no flaws, everything appears to be in my personal taste of what I'd find in a "good movie". Walt Disney has taken Italy, Dogs, and Romance, threw them all together and made it all work so well. Of course, there are the annoyingly stupid characters such as the aunt and the Siamese Cats, but that could never stop it from being so cute. The Lady and the Tramp marks my number one spot for most romantic kiss scene in nit all of Disney, but the world under a perfect "Bella Notte".
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just the right pedigree. Disney classic.
michaelRokeefe8 July 2007
LADY and the TRAMP is one of the most underrated, but endearing Walt Disney animated features. Memorable music and purebred fun. A high-bred and pampered cocker spaniel, Lady(Barbara Luddy), learns to be adventurous and carefree when she meets Tramp(Larry Roberts), a raffish mutt from across the tracks. Spending the night on a hill overlooking town; begging for bones; sneaking into the zoo; running from the dog catcher and that memorable spaghetti and meatball dinner. Other characters in this fantasy are: Trusty and Jock, Darling, Si and Am. Lush backgrounds and "He's A Tramp" sung by Peggy Lee help make this film one to be enjoyed by the whole family. Others lending voices to characters are Bill Thompson, Stan Freberg, Bill Baucom and Miss Lee.