Fru Lindström, Harry's faster
Ludwig Eriksson, Monikas far
Verkmästaren, Harrys arbetskamrat
Johan, lagerbasen på Forsbergs
Lelle, Harrys rival
Forsberg, direktör för glas
Försäljare hos Forsbergs
Lagerarbetare hos Fersbergs
Chef för grönsakslagret
Chaufför på grönsakslagret
Förste man på grönsakslagret
Hasse, Monikas yngre bror
Hjälten i filmen
Hjältinnan i filmen
Harrys kompis på verkstaden
Sicke, Monikas kavaljer
En fru på gården som klagar
En fru i gärdsfönstret
Lastbilschauffören bakom Harry
En man med basker
June, Monikas och Harrys lilla dotter
|Rest of cast listed alphabetically:|
En av Monikas kavaljerer (uncredited)
Görans fru (uncredited)
Villaägarens dotter (uncredited)
En man (uncredited)
En man på grönsakslagret (uncredited)
En av Monikas kavaljerer (uncredited)
En flicka (uncredited)
|Ingmar Bergman||...||() (uncredited)|
|Per Anders Fogelström||...||(novel) (uncredited)|
|Per Anders Fogelström||...||(screenplay)|
|Allan Ekelund||...||producer (uncredited)|
|Peter Bengtsson||...||project manager: 2009 digital restoration|
|Eskil Lindberg||...||sound (uncredited)|
|Sven Rudestedt||...||sound mixer (uncredited)|
|Louis Huch||...||still photographer (uncredited)|
|Bengt Nordwall||...||assistant camera (uncredited)|
|Eskil Eckert-Lundin||...||orchestrator (as E. Eckert-Lundin)|
|Tor Borong||...||technical assistant (uncredited)|
|Birgit Norlindh||...||continuity clerk (uncredited)|
- Svensk Filmindustri (SF) (1953) (Sweden) (theatrical)
- Constantin-Filmverleih (1953) (Austria) (theatrical)
- Hallmark Productions (1955) (United States) (theatrical) (dubbed)
- Artkino Pictures (1956) (Argentina) (theatrical)
- Mondial Films (1958) (United Kingdom) (theatrical)
- Ajay Film Company (1959) (United States) (theatrical)
- Bifo Films (Belgium) (theatrical)
- Svensk Filmindustri (SF) (1959) (Sweden) (theatrical) (re-release)
- Astral Films (1960) (Canada) (theatrical) (dubbed) (cut version)
- Internazionale Nembo Distribuzione Importazione Esportazione Film (INDIEF) (1961) (Italy) (theatrical)
- Cinedía (Spain) (theatrical)
- Vesna Film (Yugoslavia) (theatrical)
- Home Vision Entertainment (HVE) (2000) (United States) (VHS)
- Versátil Home Vídeo (2008) (Brazil) (DVD)
- Rosebud (Greece) (theatrical)
- Criterion Collection, The (2012) (United States) (DVD)
- Epoca (Argentina) (VHS)
- Janus Films (United States)
- Leopardo Filmes (2014) (Portugal)
Harry Lund is a nineteen-year-old man who meets Monika, a romantic, reckless and rebellious seventeen-year-old, and they fall in love. They leave their families and jobs in their small town, Harry gets his father's boat and they spend the summer together in an isolated island. Monika gets pregnant, and Harry decides to marry her. He grows up, gets a job and returns to his studies, trying to improve their lives and raise their daughter June, while Monika just wants to have fun. Written by Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Taglines||Ingmar Bergman's Daring, Different and Controversial Prize Film of a Restless Generation! See more »|
|Parents Guide||View content advisory »|
|Also Known As||
|Trivia||The film's then ground-breaking nudity led to its American distributor snapping up the film sight unseen and marketing it along the lines of a Russ Meyer picture. It remains the most widely seen Ingmar Bergman film in the US. See more »|
|Movie Connections||Edited into Une vague nouvelle (1999). See more »|
|Soundtracks||AN DER SCHOENEN BLAUEN DONAU See more »|
Monika, I'm going to start night school. You can become an engineer if you keep at it. I've always liked engines. I fixed the engine on the boat last autumn.
Monika Eriksson: You study to be an engineer, and then we'll get married, okay? Harry. I think I'm pregnant.
Harry Lund: What? Seriously?
Monika Eriksson: Hmm.
Harry Lund: We have to go back so I can start working. You need proper food.
Monika Eriksson: No, I'm not going back. I want summer to go on just like this. Harry, I don't know anyone as sweet as you.
Harry Lund: Monika, we have to make something real out of our lives. We'll care for each other. I'll study and get a decent job, so we can get married and have a nice house, you and me and the little one on its way.
Monika Eriksson: You'll come home from work and I'll have dinner ready. We'll take the children for Sunday walks. I won't work. I'll stay at home with the kids. We'll have nice clothes.
Harry Lund: We'll have a good life. We'll always stay together.
Monika Eriksson: Just you and me.
See more »