Donald Duck shirks his duties while working as a gift wrapper in a department store.
Did You Know?
The sound effect used for the Jack-in-the-box in Donald Duck "The Clock Watcher" 1945, is also used in the 1994 Living Books PC game "Little Monster at School" when on page 17, the player can click on the school roof, the roof changes color and uses the exact same sound effect that this cartoon uses. See more
After Donald Duck ran upstairs in his clown costume beating up his boss. It's unknown if Donald was fired from his job for attacking his boss. Also it's unknown if Donald Duck ever got his blue shirt and hat back from the Jack-in-the-box who is is still wearing his blue shirt and hat which disappeared from the room. See more
That'll hold ya!
[Donald Duck hammers the Jack-in-the-box to the ground with stake pegs. But then the head goes right through the floor. Donald looks out the window and at the lower window surprised to see Jacks Head go through the floor. He runs downstairs and pulls the head trying to get it out of the floor. The box comes out and pulls Donald in and gets trapped inside the box. The box falls on the floor and he wrestles in the box
I am stuck!
[...] See more
In the 1983 "A Disney Channel Christmas Special." The Clock Watcher has been cut down to 5 minutes and 10 seconds with scenes cut out including,
- The clock bell ringing and Donald Duck running late to work.
- Donald Duck clocking into work with a magnet.
- Donalds head transforming into a wolf head howling at the woman statue.
- The Royal Brothers boss singing the Royal Loyal Work song and Donald Duck losing his temper.
- The part where the Royal Brothers boss says "Yes sir, and we're gonna do something about it." has been cut out.
- Donald Duck running upstairs in his clown costume excited to leave only to find out he has to finish wrapping the gifts, runs upstairs to beat up his boss and the speaker pipe falls apart, has also been cut out.
Featured in A Disney Christmas Gift
Royal Work Song
Music by Oliver Wallace
Lyrics by Rex Cox
and Oliver Wallace See more