How Green Was My Valley (1941)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
Sex & Nudity
- Several men are shirtless as they wash outdoors after working.
- A woman raises the towel on her young brother back and smacks his bare bottom. His bottom is not shown.
- Some very mild flirting between a woman and a preacher.
Violence & Gore
- A woman threatens to kill any man who harms her husband.
- A man comically punches another man a few times, but he is knocked unconscious.
- After an accident in a mine, a man brought out dead and is it obvious he is dead. No blood.
- A man is shown crushed between large rocks, and dies onscreen. No gore.
- Two boys get into a fight.
- A teacher violently whips a small boy.
- 'D*mn' is said once.
- Minor name calling.
- 'H*ll' is said once.
- 'Bloody' is said as profanity.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man smokes a pipe in his home around his family.
- A young man holds a pipe in his mouth.
- Many people drink and smoke at a wedding reception.
- Men drink beer and hide it when an important man enters their house.
- A few instances of pipe smoking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A young boy and his mother fall into a frozen pond and yell for help.
- The lashing of a small boy as punishment until he passes out may be upsetting.
- A woman and her young son fall into a frozen lake.
- A violent explosion happens at a coal mine and loud explosions are hear. The towns people scream and rush towards it.
- The deaths of characters may be intense for some viewers.